Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Lewes, East Sussex*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Lewes.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- This page reeks of desperation!
- Jack Shepherd
- I recently heard that Chantelle and Preston from celebrity big brother have moved to Lewes.
- Steve Jones of the BBC World Service.
- Got to be Arthur Brown
- I think Tony Hart used to live in Malling
- Michael the Market manager from Eastenders
Angela Bruce (Only Fools and Horses, silent Witness)
Bob Hoskins (apparently)
Ronnie Wood (or one of the Rolling Stones)used to live here
The guy who wrote Ivor the Engine
Thora Hird and Christopher Biggins used to frequent the Pelham
- Arthur Brown can been seen around Lewes! He is a Singer Songwriter, most famous during the Sixties. His most widely known hit was 'Fire' it is on most Sixties compilations. Very Nice and thoughtfull person by the way!
Another indirectly famous person is the Director of the Spice Girls movie who lives up at the Castle (Apparently).
Piers Morgan Editor of the Mirror newspaper went to school in Lewes and now lives in Newick near Lewes.
- Gideon Mantell (early paleontologist)
Charlie Watts (Rolling Stones drummer)
The Lambrettas (band)
- only those who enjoy a swim
- Tom Paine
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Gideon Mantell, Manami, rachel, Andrew Motley, Edd the man, james, Rupert Ward, Matt T., Robbie, Austin Mulreddy, stephen wischhusen, Austin 'Mike' Read, abraham Cambridge, John Barnes, M.A.E., Luke Rossi, Neil Turner, Keith, Amara, jon, Debbie swell, D.Flanders, Bertie Carter, Charlotte, Molly Mockford, generic, jimjim, Rhys Haden, Wiffle, FranktheW*nk, Romney Jackson, mickey, Barry Tucker, Jack Carter, Mark Knowles, jonathan, Tom Symons, steve, Grainne Sinclair, andy, Chris Halls, Steve Dumbell, karen, David Wilkins, Keith Farries, William Robinson, G Mcgowan, Tosseditallaway, lulu, James Netts, Sharon, Mr Blister
Last updated: 2015-07-26
More stuff about Lewes
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Lewes Knowhere Board