Cafes and Coffee Shops in Lewes, East Sussex*
High tea and a sticky bun
You can tell us more about Lewes.
Cafes and Coffee Shops
- It's not TripAdvisor, true. But it is a source of knowledge about an area. Naturism, for instance. The nearest nudist beach is in Brighton and there are coffee shops nearby.
- This site isn't Trip Advisor!!
- Just go to Bill's, you won't be disappointed unless you go when everybody else does and have to wait...
- Robson's Coffee Shop
The shop is managed or owned by by what seemed to be a very camp man, we observed a man who on one side seemed to be very helpful and smarmy and on the other would put the customers down after they had left.
The staff seem okay if not a little bit rude and the place is a bit to small and cramped and unwelcoming to be somewhere to visit other than as a last resort.
Of special interest would be the 25% discount offered to Naturists up until the 20th of December who arrive and order in their club uniform.
Wander down to Bill's over the bridge I think you will find it better all round.
- On a recent visit to the delightful town of Lewes we headed for the well regarded Riverside centre ( which was devastated by floods in 2000. )
We really enjoyed the atmosphere ( it was a farmers market day in the precinct- 1st saturday in the month) and were impressed with the excellent businesses in the beautifully converted warehouse which now houses a fabulous cheese shop free range butcher, tempting chocolate shop, florist, fishmonger and more but we were feeling hungry so headed for the place where all the locals were heading "Riverside Sandwich Company" my wife and I had an excellent homemade Provencal fish soup seved with french bread which the server actually queried " are you ok with hot fresh bread sir, as its just come out of the oven! " i'd be surprised if anyone would complain that something was too fresh but it was nice to be asked. We followed up with a croque monsieur a perfectly frothed cappuccino and properly made espresso with a supreme golden crema ( coffee lovers know what i'm talking about!)
service was quick you pay and receive your order at the counter or bar if you sit there and what we had cost under £10 with no service charges because there is no waiting on you!
thoroughally recommend it to all young and old its vibrant clean and excellent value for money, just watch out for the rising river if you sit at the bar overlooking the river ouse!
- very warming in the wet
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Gideon Mantell, Manami, rachel, Andrew Motley, Edd the man, james, Rupert Ward, Matt T., Robbie, stephen wischhusen, Austin 'Mike' Read, abraham Cambridge, John Barnes, M.A.E., Luke Rossi, Neil Turner, Keith, Amara, jon, Debbie swell, D.Flanders, Bertie Carter, Charlotte, Molly Mockford, generic, jimjim, Rhys Haden, Wiffle, FranktheW*nk, Romney Jackson, mickey, Barry Tucker, Jack Carter, Mark Knowles, jonathan, Tom Symons, steve, Grainne Sinclair, andy, Chris Halls, Steve Dumbell, karen, David Wilkins, Keith Farries, William Robinson, G Mcgowan, Tosseditallaway, lulu, James Netts, Sharon, Mr Blister
Last updated: 2016-05-28
More stuff about Lewes
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Lewes Knowhere Board