The Best Things in Lewisham, Greater London*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Lewisham.
The Best Things
- Graffiti Mural by Brockley Station is where Graffiti truly becomes art.
- ladywell nature reserve. the place where the ravensbourne and quaggy meets when it's raining heavy. the view from hillyfields. one tree hill.
- Good transport - lots of night bus services to Lewisham, DLR, trains to Charing X in half an hour etc
- Sheels pharmacy/health food shop. If you are into complementary medicine or health foods this is a great place. If they don't stock it, just ask they'll get it. If you want unconventional advice from a pharmacist this is the place; they can advice on homeopathic remedies if you do not use conventional drugs and remedies.
- Independent publishers, The Do-Not Press (http://www.thedonotpress.co.uk) home of Ken Bruen, Bill James, John B Spencer and Russell James are based in Lewsisham.
- THE BEST THING ABOUT LEWISHAM IS THE ROAD COMING OUT OF IT
- Over 100 ways to get into town & back home by public transport. Trains to VLondon Bridge (12 minutes), Waterloo, Charing Cross and Victoria, also DLR + East London Line + Jubilee Line, also 6 night busses an hour, all night, every night. If you live in Lewisham & you go out at all you end up seeing a lot of Trafalgar Square.
My local pub has regulars from (roughly in order) Ireland, Jamaica, England Barbados, Turkey (both Turks and Kurds), Nigeria, Guyana, Grenada, Trinidad, India, Pakistan, Sweden, Sri Lanka, Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, the USA, France, Canada, Germany and Lithuania and probably other places. Brilliant!
- Not coming from North London
- THE FORDHAM PARK URBAN FREE FESTIVAL !!!! BRING IT BACK !!!!
- The black cat over the catford centre
- The relaxed approach to life in a lively part of Sarf Eest Landan.
- Plenty of buses.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: madfan, Kate Organ, Chris Flynn, Andrew Milton, Ru, steve g, Des Sampson, ami, Mike keogh, pennywise, Helen, jenny collins, Andrew Stevens, al, Paul Dixon, generic, Kirsty, Janice, phil p, AJ, Andrew Lawrence, jamie, Alan James, Anna, MICHAEL TROTTIER, Kenneth Abraham, Marlon and Tyrone, Anna J, al booth, jackie banham, Martin Perrett, Louise, billy o' conner, Daniel Mackay, Jams, jim driver, James Wild, Nick Leach, Victoria Wainwright
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Lewisham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Lewisham Knowhere Board