Arts, crafts and such in Leytonstone, Greater London*
Anything from pukka art galleries to craft shops. Trendy and twee both welcome.
You can tell us more about Leytonstone.
Arts, crafts and such
- A lot of art and such like takes place at the 491 gallery just outside L'stone station
- Good festival, car free days etc. Leytonstone (thanks to its population, and some of the people who have come out of here in the past) has a pretty nice, sophisticated feel to it. Good local arts and music scene, nice selection of bars and cafes.
- Gallery 149a new gallery otherside of the station from the high street( bus sculpture pile of shit side). Independent gallery, if in the area worth a look.
- 491 Gallery, the coolest place to be. Arts, exhibitions, cinema, parties...
- There seems to be a sort of artists' studio in Grove Green Road, just past the tube station (in the group of buildings that are hanging on but are sure to be demolished soon). And the former Post Office has a sign for 'Post Art' outside (but nothing inside).
- Well 'Zain Greetings' on Church Lane and 'Prospero' (Coffee/Book Cafe) opposite are excellent! Prospero got nice atmosphere, good books and lovely in summer. Zain Greetings are a card shop with loads of goodies you cant get elsewhere, like ethnic cards and special little gifts! both shops have great service - real homely. nice furniture thing shop and astrological stuff kinda shop next to the huge pub on the corner of nigh road (which is next to macdonalds!)
- check out the old post office where some people have made use of the abandond building
- Leytonstone's friendly, enthusiastic, awardwinning but still saddly amateur drama group performs in the Welsh Church on Leytonstone high road. Always looking for new members, audience, and people to go for a curry with. More info on their website http://www.woodhouseplayers.co.uk.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jane, Jim Smith, toby, wayne spooner, Richard Sherwin, steve berwick, Earle Martin, E G Murphy, margot, Howard Alutto, Stephen Balchin, mike, claire, ollie, Sergio, Keith, John Clements, Clincher, generic, vani, SZE, Simon Nicholson, Matthew Goodall, OT, David Douglas, billy bob, Hugo, steve, sabeen, Kellie Thompson, chris spooner, PM, Chris A, Carl Moss, gemma camplin, harry
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Leytonstone
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Leytonstone Knowhere Board