The Best Things in Leytonstone, Greater London*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Leytonstone.
The Best Things
- maths teacher mr burgess at rockholt junior high school
- lots of Skate spots and great 'alternative' atmosphere
- Getting to central London on the Tube is fast.
- Leytonstone is a breath of fresh air compared to neighbouring Leyton and Walthamstow (the land time forgot). Its green, cultured, has good transport links a good sense of community and some good places to go drinking locally. Has quite an artistic feel to it. Walking around Leytonstone in a nice experience unlike Leyton where you feel on edge and there is nothing to do.
- Holiday Music. Very helpful staff, great range of equipment. No I don't work there!
- you can always get a kebab!
- Its close proximity to so much open space i.e. wanstead flats, whipps cross boating lake and of course wanstead park, and a stones throw from Epping forest, also since the relief road was built a few years ago, there is very little traffic in the grove green road area.also on the central line so easy reach of city.
- 491 Gallery. Variety of restaurants. Cheap and varied food shopping.Leytonstone Festival, South Leytonstone Community Forum, all the community events.Great community sprirt.
- 'Affordable' places to live or buy. Yes, 'affordable' is relative, but it must be one of the cheaper places in Zone 3.
- leytonstone is up and coming - its been great since loads of investment has been coming in with the large supermarket etc (as long as they dont put small businesses out of business). the small independant shops are real nice. cool atmosphere. lost of pubs and restaurants and it has a buzz around the evening time.
- Skateboarders are really friendly, a lot more chilled out than leyton and has good local events such as Leytonstone Festival and Skate 'n' stone.
- cheap booze
- There are fabulous places to walk. Wanstead Park is great and the kiosk there sells the best tea around. You can also walk all the way to Epping Forest via the green way. There are wonderful sunsets from the flats and up by the hollow ponds - polluted or not polluted.
- Cheap rent, close to forest, Central Line, loads of buses etc, near to West End, Essex etc. Locals are easy going, fairly quiet when you want it to be, loads of pubs, not being South London is cool!!, Near to Walthamstow Market.Pubs stay open til 12 or 1 most places.
- Cheap rent and shops, near to West End and Essex (Central Line), pretty quiet at the posh end (Upper Leytonstone apparently), easy to get around and loads of buses etc. Easy going atmosphere
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jane, Jim Smith, toby, wayne spooner, Richard Sherwin, steve berwick, Earle Martin, E G Murphy, margot, Howard Alutto, Stephen Balchin, mike, claire, ollie, Sergio, Keith, John Clements, Clincher, generic, vani, SZE, Simon Nicholson, Matthew Goodall, OT, David Douglas, billy bob, Hugo, steve, sabeen, Kellie Thompson, chris spooner, PM, Chris A, Carl Moss, gemma camplin, harry
Last updated: 2014-05-23
More stuff about Leytonstone
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Leytonstone Knowhere Board