Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Leytonstone, Greater London*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Leytonstone.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Iron Maiden!!! The best Heavy Metal group ever!!! Leyton and L'stone boys
- Former radio 1 and 1xtra presenter Excalibah lives here
- Eric Shilling: he was a singer for the English National Opera.
John Lill a world renownd concert pianist.
- The poet John Drinkwater was born here, apparently.
- Quite a few have come from here. Alfred Hitchcock, Johnathon and Paul Ross, Damon Albarn (for a while) and of course David Beckham.
- I saw a programme with Damon Albarn from Blur saying tha he went to the same school as Jonathan Ross
- June Sarpongs mum(T4) lives in leytonstone and goes to my mums church!she went to connaught girls school you know. Paul Hayes- plays defence for Scunthorpe United division 3 lived in Leytonstone and his brother played for Arsenal.
- David Beckham, Jonathan & Paul Ross, Alfred Hitchcock all born here. The Rosses Mum still lives here and she & her partner are very active locally in the Leytonstone Festival and Arts scene.
- the recently new guy (im talking 2002 into 2003) in The Bill, the short dark haired cokney. does anyone know which actor im on about - the druggie police officer. anyway him. and meera syal. and david beckham and others too!
- Jonathan and Paul Ross, Alfred Hitchcock, sid Owen
- Alfred Hitchcock Jonathan Ross Derek Jakobi and David Beckham were all born in the district of Leytonstone. What is it about Leystonstone is it the air or whatever that so many famous people hail from this nech of the woods.
- damon albarn's best mate lived in my friends house. he popped round loads. And so do i!!
- Graham Gooch ex-Essex and England opening batsman and baldy (opening hair transplant recipient). Sorry Graham but you shouldn't have barged into me in the bar area at Ilford in 1985 - not that I bear a grudge of course.
- Don't forget Fanny Craddock!!
- u 4got Tony Slattery came from Leytonstone
- Ex residents include: Steve Harris (Iron Maiden bassist/songwriter
Clive Burr (original Iron Maiden drummer), Alfred Hitchcock, David Bailey, Angela Lansbury (allegedly), John Drinkwater (some poet), thesp Derek Jacobi (I think), ex-Eastender Pete Beale, loads of Eastenders/Grange Hill people have been spotted in the Red Lion, The small camp one out of "It aint half hot mum", Talvin Singh (a Brit awards winner), Damon Albarn (Blur), Jonathan Ross, David Beckham (pre-Chingford).
"Goodness Gracious Me" actress Meera Syal has lived here for a long time.
- Alfred Hitchcock, Jonathan Ross, Steve Harris (Iron Maiden), Talvin Singh(Brit award winer I think) Damon Albarn from Blur, David Beckham (pre-Chingford),Pete Beale-ex Eastender, actually, loads of cast members from Eastenders/Grange Hill - past and present have been spotted in the Red Lion at one point or another, Angela Lansbury(!!!), David Bailey, the little one from "It aint 'alf 'ot mum!"
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jane, Jim Smith, toby, wayne spooner, Richard Sherwin, steve berwick, Earle Martin, E G Murphy, margot, Howard Alutto, Stephen Balchin, mike, claire, ollie, Sergio, Keith, John Clements, Clincher, generic, vani, SZE, Simon Nicholson, Matthew Goodall, OT, David Douglas, billy bob, Hugo, steve, sabeen, Kellie Thompson, chris spooner, PM, Chris A, Carl Moss, gemma camplin, harry
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Leytonstone
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Leytonstone Knowhere Board