Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Leytonstone.
- Tesco i'm afraid, it's the only place you wont get food poisoning, not saying anywhere else will ;)
- Haven't really been for a meal here, but there's a Chinese buffet place, and plenty of good takeouts. There's a good chippy on Hainault Road, and a good Chinese opposite the Heathcoate (both locals) Also Wanstead just up the road is good for eating out.
- Check out the Thai restuarant on the high road, its very traditional, all tastes good and urll be back for more...(although I think they should change the lighting in there...(or maybe Im just being to picky and who cares!?)...
- oooh the sofas in maccy d's, what more could you want especially in the winter thoug it is where all the street rats hang about.
- Elches (spanish, Golden Orient (the BEST indian in the UK!) Ichiban (noodle bar) Petch Siam (lovely Thai) all on Leytonstone High Road.
Best Chinese take-away is Mayflower on High Road. Best fish n chips is on Hainault Road. Best indian take-away is Dil, Kirkdale Rd.
- On Leytonstone High Road near the Harrow Green is an Eel & Pie House. It has been there a long time. Is there a better recommendation than that? Some people travel miles for one of these. Will Macdonalds last as long?
- macdonalds, new chinese, new thai, 'Star of India', kebab shops galore, kfc, 'Larosh' (Pakistani) - and more - thats not including pub food! leytonstone has got some serious nice restauranst nowadays actually - and the few i mentioned were all in very close vacinity around Church Lane side of High Road!
- Maccy Dees but you cant beat the Dheli counter in Tescos
- The spanish place in leytonstone high rd is called "Elche". For a bloody brilliant and cheap curry try the Karachi towards the stratford end of the high rd.
There is a good thai place opposite the cop shop on the high rd, bring your own booze.
- new indian opened opposite the o'neils.can't remember the name but the food is blinding.modern indian.a bit different from the norm.fat freds cafe next to the heathcote in grove green road. does excellent fry-ups.also home made pies & sausages etc.top stodge emporium in leytonstone. jesters is near nat west bank.quite new.tasty modern food.a little bit different.sundays for papers & coffee & a nice roast by all accounts.
- There is a really good spanish resaurant down Leytonstone High Road. Past the rail over bridge. Its name has slipped my mind.
- Plenty of Indian places, the Star of India isn't cheap, but delicious, the Dil Takeaway is alright value. There are some more international places towards the middle of the high road, towards the fire station.
- Star of India, Leytonstone High Road can't be beaten!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jane, Jim Smith, toby, wayne spooner, Richard Sherwin, steve berwick, Earle Martin, E G Murphy, margot, Howard Alutto, Stephen Balchin, mike, claire, ollie, Sergio, Keith, John Clements, Clincher, generic, vani, SZE, Simon Nicholson, Matthew Goodall, OT, David Douglas, billy bob, Hugo, steve, sabeen, Kellie Thompson, chris spooner, PM, Chris A, Carl Moss, gemma camplin, harry
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Leytonstone
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Leytonstone Knowhere Board