Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Leytonstone.
- bakers arms cinema on a Saturday morning when had to take younger siblings
- Christ, what I'd give for a cinema around here instead of having to go to poxy Stratford. No wonder this place is so dead if they demolished FOUR cinemas.
- Nearest one is Woodford, so bit of a treck, or 2 stops on tube.
- No mainstream cinema's in Waltham Forest anymore :(
Nearest good one is Stratford Picture House.
- Leytonstone used to have 4 cinemas. One was called the Academy and stood opposite the Plough and Harrow pub. Its site was where the block of flats called Paramount House now stands. Another was called the Rex and was sited opposite the pub which is now called Lincolns but which used to be called the Elms.The cinema was converted into a bowling alley but was demolished to make way for a block of flats. A third cinema was called the Rialto and was next door to Saint John's Church. It was demolished to make way for a store which is now called Matalan.The fourth cinema was the fleapit called the State. The building survives and is now a snooker hall called Pockets. In 2003 the nearest mainstream cinema is the Odeon at South Woodford but try the Stratford Playhouse too.
- None in Leytonstone. Nearest cinemas are at Stratford and Woodford. (Used to be one at Gants Hill, but that's now gone).
- no cinemas in leytonstone. brilliant business opportunity though. really.
- A short bus ride to stratford is the nearest open cinema.
- Go to the Stratford Picture House, or Walthamstow Granada
- Walthamstow Granada or Stratford Picture House are both nice places, there's nothing here
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jane, Jim Smith, toby, wayne spooner, Richard Sherwin, steve berwick, Earle Martin, E G Murphy, margot, Howard Alutto, Stephen Balchin, mike, claire, ollie, Sergio, Keith, John Clements, Clincher, generic, vani, SZE, Simon Nicholson, Matthew Goodall, OT, David Douglas, billy bob, Hugo, steve, sabeen, Kellie Thompson, chris spooner, PM, Chris A, Carl Moss, gemma camplin, harry
Last updated: 2014-05-23
More stuff about Leytonstone
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Leytonstone Knowhere Board