The Worst Things in Leytonstone, Greater London*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Leytonstone.
The Worst Things
- all the bullys
- south leytonstone is a complete tip.Theyve changed the avenue road estate a bit and they're knocking down the dirty grime blocks of cathall road estate but its still dirty and the thugs on the street make it very unsafe at nights.I used to live on cathall road and they dont just need to pull the flats down-they need to kick the residents out to cos they aint gonna change.Itll always be populated by crack heads ....until they build the olympic village here.Then well all get the push
- This place is dead, dead, dead. There's an almost total lack of culture and reliance instead on pubs for places to go. I'd give my left arm for a single decent coffee shop where I could go in, sit down on a comfy chair, relax and read a book. And what's with all the bloody fried chicken/kebab shops? WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE, OKAY, THANKS.
- Being so close to Walthamstow and Leyton inevitably means you get some of the bad things spilling over (mainly crap, inconsiderate and thick drivers).
- Constant traffic jam at top of leytonstone high road
- Far too many take away chicken and pizza shops etc,though if you like junk food a 7in pizza for a quid your in heaven,that includes choice of two toppings.
- Falling down buildings. Drunks hanging round the church & Matalan.
- Having to rely on the Central line to get into London. And all the ticket touts and beggars who hang around the tube station.
- house prices have rocketed! rent is so high! too many cars on church lane since redicrection - actually too many cars all along high road 24-7!
- Tramps Pooing anywhere they want and irratateing school kids (between the hours of 3:30 and 4:30.
- the local ladies
- Only one nightbus comes here (best to get one to Walthamstow and cab it), no decent shops or supermarket (Tescos is being built)rough at the lower end of E11, nearer Stratford, no after hours drinking establishments, dirty in places.Also , there are loads of Care in the Communities wandering around, not too many of the God Squad though.
- Pretty dirty, lots of run down areas, only one night bus goes here, no decent supermarket yet
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jane, Jim Smith, toby, wayne spooner, Richard Sherwin, steve berwick, Earle Martin, E G Murphy, margot, Howard Alutto, Stephen Balchin, mike, claire, ollie, Sergio, Keith, John Clements, Clincher, generic, vani, SZE, Simon Nicholson, Matthew Goodall, OT, David Douglas, billy bob, Hugo, steve, sabeen, Kellie Thompson, chris spooner, PM, Chris A, Carl Moss, gemma camplin, harry
Last updated: 2014-05-23
More stuff about Leytonstone
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Leytonstone Knowhere Board