Arts, crafts and such in Liverpool, Merseyside*
Anything from pukka art galleries to craft shops. Trendy and twee both welcome.
You can tell us more about Liverpool.
Arts, crafts and such
- The art shop on Bold Street - Rennie's. It's great in there, student discount, staff are top.
- The museum and gallery by the Empire and the Tate gallery on the Albert Dock
- Its got to be the Bluecoat centre really,local artists and unique pieces, good for special occaisions.
- Blue coat chambers, the tate in the albert dock, walker art gallery, renees on bold street is the best shop in town.
- The best small gallery in town l.issue Gallery @ The Urban Coffee Lounge. 349 Smithdown road, also makes a mean smoothie or ...coffee.
- Blue coat chambers are quite cool
- FACT picture house, Wood Street off Berry Street. With video and multimedia. Open in 2003 and making an excellent effort thus far.
- The Bluecoat Art Gallery & Arts and Crafts Centre. the Tate Gallery when its not charging unemployed and students to get into special exhibitions. Walker Art Gallery.
- Love Bluecoat chambers. Always putting on cool exhibitions that no one else has heard of.
- quiggins obviously!
- deyeshigh skool best school for art
- Bluecoat chambers has some great modern art.
- THE INKLINGS, Merseyside's premier writers group.
Meetings every Wednesday 1pm to 3pm, Central Library, William Brown Street (between Museum and Walker Art Gallery).
Web site: http://www.mersinet.co.uk
- Quiggins for beads and stuff
- bluecoat chambers behind hmv
- utility up bold street sells really trendy stuuf for presents and home wise, its great to look at but a little on the expensive side
- We've got loads of these! The Tate at the Albert Dock has some leading artists exhibitions. I think theres a craft shop in Croxteth Park.
- Bluecoat Arts Centre on School Lane for a good cross section of modern arts and
crafts, Open Eye on Wood Street for photography, The Walker for old school art
and The Tate for nu, the Number 7 on Falkner Street also has a cafe in it and
the Parking Space on Berry Street is a cool new gallery set in a former chippy.
- Tate modern if you like that stuff is at the albet dock
- By Lost Art in Quiggans.
- NATURES TREASURE has the best selection of silver jewellery in Liverpool and surrounding areas, I (gramps) should know I've been there!!!!
- For the finest selection of silver jewelery at reasonable prices you can't beat NATURES TREASURE just along from The Tate Gallery on the Albert Dock. They also stock a fine selection of gifts, pewterware, celtic jewellery, crystals and semi-precious stones, agates, amethysts, geodes, they have a great range. Call in ask for Sandra or Phil,tell them where you heard about them !!!!
- Egg Cafe - full of pretentious foreign students / crusties.
- Liverpool Museum. Big and Beautiful.
- Liverpool Art Gallery. Next door to the Museum. Also big, and very beautiful.
- Liverpool Public Library. Also next door to the Museum. Yet again, big and beautiful
- Bluecoat Chambers. Arty, crafty galleries.
- The Tate. Wierd stuff, and conventional too sometimes.
- Acorn Gallery, off Renshaw Street - nice for a quiet cup of coffee and a browse at the artwork for sale/exhibition.
- Trade Craft on Bold Street has a good selection of stuff, run by a Mother and Daughter.
- Grin in Quiggins (and lots of other shops in Quiggins, come to that)
- Open Eye Gallery in Wood Street (above Beluga Bar), new home of the internationally recognised photographers gallery - and its free!!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: lisa walsh, Beth, Brian Gaskell, lisedgar, Redi, phil, martin, Sephy, killikikik, niall, Chris, John Purslow, Kevan, Steven Whitmore, J, Gaz, em, The Kaiser, Fran mcgrath, kate, Jo Knowles, iain love, Jake Gainey, Michael Feely, Detroit, Amanda, Bob Boyer, David Dearden, tim Myers, Dave, gnomey, sintellinslass, Joe Stalls, paul rimmer, fuck, jonny, jack pattie, Josh, tony bighorn, A poor abused little boy, david flower, TomO, len pentin, Pete, Gaynor Newman, beccy, Terry Holdall, S.Kotcherine, Mark McNulty, mel, Fenn, AntiX, Bev, Mark Morgans, Preston Firmleigh, Tony General, rachel, harry green, hayley, snowcrash, Franny, donagan, debzzzzzzzzzzz, robbie blanco, Tony falls, Terry Tearaway, Natasha, michael shelton, silver lining, Scouse Wanker, Mike, cookie, jean, Tessa, patchouli, joe, John Lee, w. bradley, Heather Mangan, Alex, J Bailey, Anthony Dooley, Frank, Mike Swain, bazza, Wezz, tom, Barry Duggan, joey ramone, Kellie-Marie, Rob Kearney, Andy J, loopy, Toby Spunkloon, pablo, dave ferg, Philgould, Gaab+Hannaah, Foxy, Claire Rogers, Kell, Dave Wood, web master, John Hewitt, gordon, socialatoms, bec, paul, Xno-oneX, paulaparker, Casey Donahew Band, Fudge, Adam Morris, Paulita, Gavvo, mark, Matt, maggi mclear, jill blane, ellie ellins, emonious, Rhiannon, J Wake, Angel, Rich Higgins, Gary., Emma Wright, Estelle Newnham, Richard MacDonald, James, blah, Gary Roberts, Mike Burkitt, Rod Stringer, gwen potter, Roelfy, James O'Hanlon, Deb Connors (nee) Hipkiss, Mr. Shift, Jason Boland and the Stragglers, tara maguire, Harry J. Green, Rob Goggs, Kay Feltham, steve, catsmother, Lee Smith, Jay Melia, jason, stella, paul halliwell, Susie Barry, anna, dlht's, Rob Williamson, David, jo meehan, peter, Phil Furlong, Amy, Caroline Hodges, email@example.com, Dianne Court, sidney james, Jane, Emma Wheeler, D RADCLIFFE, trud, marko, Chockablock, jaykay, julian, Helen, Mikey , saint, Ryan, leanne knox, generic, jamie doherty, liz, Debbie, percy longprong, Spider, percy, Sarah, Michael Collins, ad, Holly, Paul Wain, Julie McLoughlin, mark j, Git, Sue Kenworthy, N Smith
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Liverpool
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Liverpool Knowhere Board