Cinemas in Liverpool, Merseyside*
Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Liverpool.
- FACT on Wood Street - best popcorn around
- Odeon city centre is alrite but a bit dear (4.10)
Woolton is alrite but only 1 screen
- FACT its amazin especially when the
- There is a multiplex on Edge Lane and the Odeon on London Road at the back of the Empire (be warned of the scary kids that hang around there).
- Fact is a great addition to a great city
- Woolton cinema is good but it only has one screen, the odeon in town is your best bet.
- Erm.. Most of the cinemas are a bit sweaty. The Odian in Aintree is probably the nicest. I have travelled miles to that one.
- Try Checking out Fact. The got THX cinemas with reclining chairs. we go there loads rather than the old smelly cinemas with stale over priced popcorn. Tickets are cheap and its good Quality for Money all round
- The Plaza has films that you would usually only see in London (eg. Donnie Darko, Adaptation, Spirited Away)
- cimemars are brill
- SHowcase east lancs road
- FACT. Check out the website, also the Plaza in Crosby is a small independent place that can also show some cool alternative films. Think there is a website for that as well donít know though.
- Woolten cinema is one of the best. one screen.ice cream intermission. one half allows smoking. know of no other where u can smoke. however tickets at a £5 expensive. still a favourite with a pub over the road.
- None worth mentioning. What happeened to the 051 cinema for Independent films.
- I prefer the Showcase on the East Lancs to the Odeon at Switch Island. Not sure why, as they both have their fair share of scallies that the management can't control!
- the showcase is the best!
- odeon, switch island
- odean, its east to get to, nr lime street stn
- Cinema on london road does cheap tickets on monday nights.
- There are a few decent big complexes about - Edge Lane, Showcase, Switch Island. The Odeon on London Road is old, but has it charm. Theres a bowling place on Edge Lane too.
- Old school high street Odeon is the only one left in town otherwise it's the big
multiplex jobs out of town. There's only one indie cinema (name escapes me) but
it's way out in Crosby - 15/20 mins on train.
- The PLAZA, Crosby Road, Waterloo. Its good if you are looking for that 1950s auditorium look. But other than that it smells
- KNow whers good enough to mention hollywood bowl is situated right next to a multi screen ucg cinima though wich is good thats a t edge lane retail park
- Allerton Road Cinema- as far as I know for under-18's it is £2 before 7pm
- Odeon, London Road. Cheap, not bad.
Virgin, Edge Lane - good, miles out of town.
- There's the SHOWCASE in Aintree but buy the Echo off one of the street traders on Church Street for the full list
- Woolton cinema has loads of legroom for those tall folk amongst you
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: lisa walsh, Beth, Brian Gaskell, lisedgar, Redi, phil, martin, Sephy, killikikik, niall, Chris, John Purslow, Kevan, Steven Whitmore, J, Gaz, em, The Kaiser, Fran mcgrath, kate, Jo Knowles, iain love, Jake Gainey, Michael Feely, Detroit, Amanda, Bob Boyer, David Dearden, tim Myers, Dave, gnomey, sintellinslass, Joe Stalls, paul rimmer, fuck, jonny, jack pattie, Josh, tony bighorn, A poor abused little boy, david flower, TomO, len pentin, Pete, Gaynor Newman, beccy, Terry Holdall, S.Kotcherine, Mark McNulty, mel, Fenn, AntiX, Bev, Mark Morgans, Preston Firmleigh, Tony General, rachel, harry green, hayley, snowcrash, Franny, donagan, debzzzzzzzzzzz, robbie blanco, Tony falls, Terry Tearaway, Natasha, michael shelton, silver lining, Scouse Wanker, Mike, cookie, jean, Tessa, patchouli, joe, John Lee, w. bradley, Heather Mangan, Alex, J Bailey, Anthony Dooley, Frank, Mike Swain, bazza, Wezz, tom, Barry Duggan, joey ramone, Kellie-Marie, Rob Kearney, Andy J, loopy, Toby Spunkloon, pablo, dave ferg, Philgould, Gaab+Hannaah, Foxy, Claire Rogers, Kell, Dave Wood, web master, John Hewitt, gordon, socialatoms, bec, paul, Xno-oneX, paulaparker, Casey Donahew Band, Fudge, Adam Morris, Paulita, Gavvo, mark, Matt, maggi mclear, jill blane, ellie ellins, emonious, Rhiannon, J Wake, Angel, Rich Higgins, Gary., Emma Wright, Estelle Newnham, Richard MacDonald, James, blah, Gary Roberts, Mike Burkitt, Rod Stringer, gwen potter, Roelfy, James O'Hanlon, Deb Connors (nee) Hipkiss, Mr. Shift, Jason Boland and the Stragglers, tara maguire, Harry J. Green, Rob Goggs, Kay Feltham, steve, catsmother, Lee Smith, Jay Melia, jason, stella, paul halliwell, Susie Barry, anna, dlht's, Rob Williamson, David, jo meehan, peter, Phil Furlong, Amy, Caroline Hodges, firstname.lastname@example.org, Dianne Court, sidney james, Jane, Emma Wheeler, D RADCLIFFE, trud, marko, Chockablock, jaykay, julian, Helen, Mikey , saint, Ryan, leanne knox, generic, jamie doherty, liz, Debbie, percy longprong, Spider, percy, Sarah, Michael Collins, ad, Holly, Paul Wain, Julie McLoughlin, mark j, Git, Sue Kenworthy, N Smith
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Liverpool
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Liverpool Knowhere Board