Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Liverpool, Merseyside*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Liverpool.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- THE MANHATTEN BAR AINTREE (NEAR THE OLD PARADOX NIGHT CLUB) IS HAVEING A OLD SKOOL/PARADOX ANTHEM NIGHT ON THE 31ST MAY 08 THERES FREE CAR PARKING FREE ADDMISSON WITH DJ PAUL R AND GUESTS ALL STARTS @ 8PM
- scose house
- unsigned bands
- New Punk clubnight in Liverpool.....Space Invader at Roadkill.....fortnightly Thursdays...free entry....http://www.myspace.com/spaceinvaderclubnight
- Heebie Jeebies, punkers!
- Barfly, Krazyhouse, Roadkill, Bumper, Pleasure rooms, unit 1, Fudge, Reflex
- 051 best club on merseyside
- Lago's on a tuesday and a wednesday night is spot on if you like your music funky raw and rare
- 0fiveone, sunrise (abouve 051) pleasure rooms lots of good bars n clubs around concert square near bold street
- Krazy house of course! 3 floors and 2 for 1 on all bottles! excellent!
K1 - Metal n rock
K2 - Indie, emo, hadcore, bit o punk
K3 - cheese, pop, ska, punk, bit of everything really
- Woodys on Wood Street do a Salsa night every Tuesday, £3.50 for an hour and it's great fun!! Open to all, doesn't matter if you're a beginner or a pro, go along and meet some cool foreign people.
Also for fans of 80s music (yes you LOVE it, don't deny it!!) head to the Reflex, one of my favourite places in Liverpool. Drinks are slightly more expensive than anywhere else (try living in Dublin though!) but it's great craic and free in every weeknight, £2 on Saturdays. You can't lose!
Finally, the one and only RAZ (aka Blue Angel) on Seel Street has to have a special mention - this legendary student haunt is unbelievably dodgy, smells funny and is extrememly cheap (quid a drink on cheap night Tuesday!) but is an experience NOT to be missed. Oh, and if you head to the woman on the door around 1 a.m. she'll give you a free membership card that entitles you to a whole 50p off entry. Enjoy.
- The Raz - been my second home for the past three years! I love this little sweat box!!!
- The Magnum bar on Hardman Street is the place to go if u want chilled out people, great music and trendy settings.
- Superstar Boudoir (OK it's gay but loads of really fit bi-girlies there), BaaBar with the rooftop terrace, BabyCream at the Albert Docks for the posers.
- I have seen it mentionned a few times but have to join in, the Raz is just the cheapest and yet the best all-round cheesy music night you can get in Liverpool. Although I would recommend that you arrive drunk so as not to pay too much attention to the decor!! Don't go if you like all those chic bars in Liverpool, because I can tell you, you won't enjoy. Its always packed on a weekend, so all those people can't be wrong.
- Le Bateau on a Saturday night is great if your into your 60's music - motown heaven!
- THE RAZ need i say more
- Blue Angel AKA "The Raz" where the whole of ireland are 2 b found of a tuesday nite then they all roll back 2 hope wen theyre full on the £1 a drink offers of blue wkd and cheap vodka.
blue angel has the nicest staff and even nicer carpets and interioirs....it has 2 b said it is one of the most classy establishments in the pool. watch out tho for gavin brannigan who tends to piss on the floor but apart from that its a great nites craic.
the beatles once played there and cilla loves it
p.s watch out for the shower of sweat which drips from them silver vents on the roof down the stairs.....
dont forget to get your trademark souvenir "sweat" shirt with the gorgeous blue wrting from that aul boot at the fon desk " a quid in luv!"
check out her perm!!
c u tuesday nite!!
- toxic city at le bateau on fridays, a fresh (2 years) addition to the citys alternative club scene.
please note voodoo is now monthly at carling academy, not at the masque
- GARLANDS!! (I am a straight female !!)
- The Arena in Concert Square hosts the best RnB night in the Northwest. its cool in there. they mix loadsa old stuff like stevie wonder back to back with Beyonce and J-Kwon. No attitude just nice vibes all around. The Fridays is turning very cool old school Vocal house anthems of yesteryear. Expect to hear "I see you Baby, Shaking that arse", "Lady" and "Rock the House" played. Quality over 21s not a Kiddie bash like every where else
- The pleasure rooms - opens after but no alcohol but it's not required if you know what I mean, the best scouse house and mc's you'll love it.
- Alien Resonance second sat of the month @ zanzibar. amazing psychedelic trance. one for the hippies!!! great club, amazing atmosphere, UV hangings, etc. no posers, just smiley party people.
- every second saturday of the month at the zanzibar there is an amazing night of psychedelic trance called "alien resonance". Haven't been for about two years cos i've been away from the pool. you must go. this club is the bees knees for hippies aged 14-60 years of age. gotta be seen to be believed!
- ToxicCity at LaBateau on Duke Street on a Friday... mostly rock music, but also some chart stuff, dance, hiphop... whatever you ask for they'll play it! Plus it stays open til 3am.
- Late Lounge
- Lets see, Krazy House 3 floors of Nu Metal, Punk, Indie, Some Dance and a selection of TV Themes such as Grange Hill. Le Beatau Friday Night- Nu Metal Punk etc, Saturday Indie down stairs and cool 60s ground floor. The Blue Angel I love but can be tricky to get in there late on or if the bouncers want to be arsey, full of very "friendly" student nurses I have found, plus plays very cool if eclectic tunes any thing from Abba to GnR. Also hundreds of bars that are open till 2am and are free to get into try the Jacaranda. There are more but I canít be arsed listing them.
- Toxic City at Le Bateau is funny, its an alternative to the Krazy House on friday nights and has a reputation for not ID'ing people, although i'm sure everyone is of legal age, you do start to feel a bit old in there sometimes
- the 0fiveone i cant beat it the best club in liverpool ever
- the krazyhouse will close its doors for the final time on 24/9/03. sad i know.
- Friday nights @ SOCIETY
unbeatable way to dance away a friday night and welcome in the weekend with open arms.
Its the friendliest, trendiest, happiest place for get that Friday feeling running through your body.
Dress to impress ;-)
- got to be The Masque on seel street - check out their website ; amazing pubs : sick lizard on roscoe street , the caledonian on catherine street & roscoe head on other side of roscoe street - if you are a bit of a cool chick/bloke and enjoy your music - all a bit underground, very street & cool - but refreshing down to earth.......lots of beautiful ( and interestingn - double whammy ) types,very friendly............
- CHIBUKU at the Lemon Lounge above LPool Brewery Pub on Berry St and also at the Masque on Seel St every fortnight alternately. Great dj's and friendly crowd who are into the music.
- Dont go to the Paradox unless you are 16 and love purple lycra
- Elysium @ Zanzibar, Seel Street, Liverpool. Excellent new house, breaks & techno club night which is on monthly at the Zani. Check it out for the best established as well as up-and-coming DJs. They also have lots of live electronic acts as well.
- Elysium @ Zanzibar - new house breaks & techno night starting on November 22nd (Friday). They've got the Trophy Twins (residents at Gatecrasher and SE1 in London), Magic Animals (doing a live deep/tech house set) and Patrick Gregson (lime) playing. Its only £4 to get in if your a student £5 otherwise - looks very promising.
- DISTED TWISCO........great people...pie eyed and hippy vibed
If you want to come you`ll find out were it is yourself.....
- Krazy House, K3 to be specific best atmosphere, best crowd, Thursday night cant be beat, best DJ (Big up Pete Eccles)
- I love the Vampire Suite (below the Living Room) - love the decor! But I think you have to be a member to get in?
- Has dance died in Liverpool?
Garlands has burnt down, Cream has closed down - what the hell is left?
Thankfully there is some really good nights being set up in Liverpool.
One of them is a night called Elysium - its going to be a hard acid funk techno style night. The good thing is that now the big clubs have gone, the prices have fallen and Liverpool can once again regain its status as the number one underground club scene in the world - no more commercial crap.
- The Krazy House now has a thrid floor, imaginatively named K3, again playing what youd usually expect in this alternative nightspot. Oh yes, and bottled drinks are still 2 for 1.
- The best club in the north-cream
- its not a club but i prefere the music that they play in mood indigo then in a club! top tunes all nite long just gota keep kickin it!!
- Syndicate where one would go to seek out dark underground Techno!
First Friday of every month at arguably one of the best dance venues in Liverpool (Le Bateau). With quality guest DJs and residents every month at a very reasonable price, prepare to dance all night long...
- i think the barcelona and cream the best, real dance energy kinda places in liverpool. but edwards, krazyhouse and walkabout r also good.
- Club 051
- Arena (concert square) rocks if you want mainstream chart dance music-excellent dj on sat an thurs with cheapish drinks...Modo good for a drink but usually big queues which arent worth the wait ditto Norwegian Blue. Baa Bar is brilliant if u get it on a good nite, but the rumour bout the shooters is un42n8ly true...Edward's-ok 4 a pre club drink. Bar ca va, howl at the moon, fudge: holes. Bar VR good on a thurs wen all drinks r £1, but usually lack of atmosphere. WALKABOUT (concert square) one of the BEST places in town at the mo-booms out cheesy 80s an 90s pop all nite long-the vid cameras on the dance floor always guarantee a laugh if ur on the ground floor. queues move fast an its worth the wait. good variety of ppl and age range......recommended!
- Society, the only dance club i have been to where every one else doesnt look like they're tying to chew off their own ear, drinkers will not feel out of place here
- Okay so the krazyhouse is being invaded by scallies on thursday and friday, but i know loadsa people who were scalls and hated it the first time, but i dragged them along the next time and i think theyll keep going when theyre 80 (and they dont dress like scallies). If you are scall, get down to the krazy.Rocks v. fashionable now u know!
- The Cabin is truly marvellious and my best mate and I love Rah Man who owns it - rah!
- The Cabin Club in Wood Street is great fun. My mate and I go there all the time and there are many gorgeous chaps in there! No fighting, no unfriendliness, it's great.
- The casbar on hope street is about to relaunch. it has undergone a huge refurb and its drinks price ensure that you will get pissed. For all students. All spirits + mixer are going to be £1 all bottles £1.50 and cheap draught. NUS + Members are free open Monday, Wednesday to Saturday 9pm till 2am
- Voodoo, now at the Masque every Friday on Seel Street, is STILL the best techno club you'll find. The friendliest, most up-for-it crowd, with an unbeatable line-up of world-reknowned djs. Think Jeff Mills rather than Judge Jules and you've got it.
- I loved Heebeejebees and will stick up for its allegedly crap sound system etc but it doesn't matter now as its closed for good it seems (boohoo).
Camel club, above revolution plays some great funk. Just the sound we need more if in liverpool, great looking place but who the hell thought a dance floor that small would suffice??
- Cream is the obvious choice - Medication on wednesdays isnt bad either. The BAA BAR is a good pre-club venue, and afterwards where better than Hot 'n' Tender for a chicken fillet burger. £2.59 but worth every drunken penny!
- Cream for house, Voodoo at Le Bateau on Fridays for techno, Liquidation for indie and 60's,
Chrome for d+b, No Fakin' at the Zanzibar for hip hop, Bugged Out for big beat etc. once
a month at Cream's venue. There's also tons of dodgy scally house clubs. Mid week
has some long standing drunken cheap drinks aimed at student affairs including
Medication at Cream.
- Modo on Concert Square is kooelle! Its so chic.
- THE KRAZY HOUSE hell yeah it rules, except on thursdays cos they play bad music. Saturdays rule tho!!!!
- Krazy house thurs fri and saterday are exelent nights only club in liverpool refusig to play a monotimous beat (in other words metal rock punk indy)
- liquidation has a web page at http://liquidation.merseyworld.com
monte carlo has now moved to the zanzibar every monday. drinks now start from an extortionate pound!
- The KRAZY HOUSE - a remarkably decent 'alternative' joint.
- The Blue Angel (also known as The Raz), just off Berry Street.
On a Tuesday night £1 entry, £1 a drink, cheesy music, brilliant. Get there before 10.30pm as they stop letting people in.
The Blue Bar, on The ALbert Docks. Guaranteed to see a celebrity there. Make sure you dress up abit though.
Medication. The student night at Cream. Dance music, 70's music, and a mixture in another room. £1 a drink. £3.50 entry. Must have an NUS card.
- Monday - Monte Carlo @ Heebiejeebees: Excellent tunes, good vibe, 95p a drink.
Tuesday - DON'T GO TO ShagTag@Aquarium - crap music, shit venue, and you'll end up pulling an absolute stinker.
Wednesday - Soundbombing @ Heebiejeebees - top night, top tunes, top club.
Thursday - ??? @ Krazyhouse - Get off your head and dance wildly to tunes you forgot existed.
Friday - Voodoo @ Le Bateau - just go. trust me.
Saturday - Shine @ L2 / Liquidation @ Le Bateau : Shine used to be really good, but now fluctuates between being a top night and being full of aggro knob heads. Sound System also shite.
Liquidation's normally really good, if you break down the pretension factor emanating from the resident mods.
- Coolest and trendiest and all round top bar to be, has to be Blue Bar at the Albert Dock. Genuine Olde Style Dockland location, amazingly cool, Fair share of "celebs" and a good mixed clientele. Blue is the coolest bar in Britain.
- The Blue Angel, (known to many as "The Razz")Seel Street. This is the ultimate in cheeez. Come on a Friday night to see the biggest meat market in Liverpool.
- Dance - Cream, Wolstenholme Square; Garage Club, Seel Street.
- Big mainstream clubs - Buzz, Skelhorne Street; Paradox, Aintree.
- Others - Cavern, Mathew Street - best if you go in a group. Conti, Wolstenholme Sq - Footballers, posh place Plummers, Hardman Street - Middle class office girls.
- The Krazy House - Wood Street. Thursday night - Student night (Indie mainly) Friday Night - Dance / Indie Saturday Night - Rage Hard With A Vengance. Rock/Thrash/Metal. Inside the Krazy house is a new club/room called the K2. Plays mostly indie on a Saturday night and dance at other times. Pleasant atmosphere, pleasant door staff. Beer is Buy One Get One Free at all times. Don't try to get in wearing a suit!
- HeebieJeebies - for all stuff funky. Dance within the vaults in this cellar club. Showcase bands on a Wednesday, Friday is Cubop DJ'ing with Groovy tunes and Saturday is downright get pissed up and groove all night.
- Voodoo Club - Saturdays @ Clear, Mount Pleasant. Best techno for miles around.
- Garlands - Eberele St. Totally up for it mixed crowd.
- The Pit, Duke Street, but you can't go there because it burnt down today, ha ha!
- the garage club has shut down- thank goodness! The L2 has the best 70s night in Liverpool, on a Friday
- The Pit now up & running again (at the time of writing 19/5/98), running a Goth/Darkwave night each Tues, free entry, late bar and cheap drinks. This is where most of the Liv. goths hang out since the night moved from The Swan. V.Friendly atmos! Also Metal/band nights on Fri/Sat
- The G-Bar (opposite Garlands) is getting pretty cool and has an INCREDIBLY sexy bar upstairs (check it out before going to Garlands on a Sat night). It is really a club in it's own right now and has lots of groovy nights (gay only, straight, mixed, all-nighters, freak-show nights etc etc).
- "The Blue Angel"-Near the Brewery Pub Great little Fleapit on Three Levels
- The Chelsea, New Ferry
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: lisa walsh, Beth, Brian Gaskell, lisedgar, Redi, phil, martin, Sephy, killikikik, niall, Chris, John Purslow, Kevan, Steven Whitmore, J, Gaz, em, The Kaiser, Fran mcgrath, kate, Jo Knowles, iain love, Jake Gainey, Michael Feely, Detroit, Amanda, Bob Boyer, David Dearden, tim Myers, Dave, gnomey, sintellinslass, Joe Stalls, paul rimmer, fuck, jonny, jack pattie, Josh, tony bighorn, A poor abused little boy, david flower, TomO, len pentin, Pete, Gaynor Newman, beccy, Terry Holdall, S.Kotcherine, Mark McNulty, mel, Fenn, AntiX, Bev, Mark Morgans, Preston Firmleigh, Tony General, rachel, harry green, hayley, snowcrash, Franny, donagan, debzzzzzzzzzzz, robbie blanco, Tony falls, Terry Tearaway, Natasha, michael shelton, silver lining, Scouse Wanker, Mike, cookie, jean, Tessa, patchouli, joe, John Lee, w. bradley, Heather Mangan, Alex, J Bailey, Anthony Dooley, Frank, Mike Swain, bazza, Wezz, tom, Barry Duggan, joey ramone, Kellie-Marie, Rob Kearney, Andy J, loopy, Toby Spunkloon, pablo, dave ferg, Philgould, Gaab+Hannaah, Foxy, Claire Rogers, Kell, Dave Wood, web master, John Hewitt, gordon, socialatoms, bec, paul, Xno-oneX, paulaparker, Casey Donahew Band, Fudge, Adam Morris, Paulita, Gavvo, mark, Matt, maggi mclear, jill blane, ellie ellins, emonious, Rhiannon, J Wake, Angel, Rich Higgins, Gary., Emma Wright, Estelle Newnham, Richard MacDonald, James, blah, Gary Roberts, Mike Burkitt, Rod Stringer, gwen potter, Roelfy, James O'Hanlon, Deb Connors (nee) Hipkiss, Mr. Shift, Jason Boland and the Stragglers, tara maguire, Harry J. Green, Rob Goggs, Kay Feltham, steve, catsmother, Lee Smith, Jay Melia, jason, stella, paul halliwell, Susie Barry, anna, dlht's, Rob Williamson, David, jo meehan, peter, Phil Furlong, Amy, Caroline Hodges, email@example.com, Dianne Court, sidney james, Jane, Emma Wheeler, D RADCLIFFE, trud, marko, Chockablock, jaykay, julian, Helen, Mikey , saint, Ryan, leanne knox, generic, jamie doherty, liz, Debbie, percy longprong, Spider, percy, Sarah, Michael Collins, ad, Holly, Paul Wain, Julie McLoughlin, mark j, Git, Sue Kenworthy, N Smith
Last updated: 2008-04-20
More stuff about Liverpool
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Liverpool Knowhere Board