Buskers, Street Entertainers in Liverpool, Merseyside*
Places to find public entertainment
You can tell us more about Liverpool.
Buskers, Street Entertainers
- Have you seen the OCD guy who hangs around the corner shop at the park end of lark lane. he walks up and down touching the street floor and lamposts, walks away for a few paces then comes back to re-touch the previously touched items...awesome viewing....
- David Moyes. A Scotsman favourite with the blue quarter of the city (but not the red three-quarters) who has made wildly exaggerated public claims of managing the "Peoples Club", ahem...
- purple ackey and you know this
- There's a woman who works in Iceland who sometimes uses raw chickens like a puppet for a laugh.
- Man with the cardboard banjo outside george henry lees
- Everyone in Liverpool is a character! There used to be a loony in Mathew Street of an evening though with a cardboard guitar. He was mad and came up with some weird lyrics and surreal tunes.
- Tommy the Rock! Giving it loads as an impromtu Elvis. Apparantley been doing the rounds for years!
Remember the fella who stood on his head in a bucket by MacDonalds?
- There is a crazy old lady that mooches around Liverpool swinging her cane around and hurling abuse. Don't even get me started on the singing bear man...
- bob who hangs around by the cavern walks
- Pete Price - not famous enough to class as a 'celebrity' but famous in his own head and he rubs up against famous people. He's our own local Gay DJ/"comedian". he's on Radio City on Sunday nights doing a phone in that consists mainly of scallies ringing in to call him gay and make him shout and does karaoke on a Friday night in the rubber soul (see pubs)
- That mad little fella who dresses up like father christmas with his cardboard banjo. He thinks he's John Lennon but can sing like Paul Mccartney. Quite luck I think!
- The guy on Bold Street with the singing Teddy Bears
- just one thing MIGGER
- liverpool is a excelent place to live in and it very cultured
- Chester the street poet (stupid annoying gimp ) and as I am sure has been mentioned the father chrimbo who lays the cardboard guitar
- Try and find me and my mates for entertainmet. Or try the courts
- by lewiss or by lime street subway& station is v bad 4 mingin buskers.PISS OFF!!!!
- billy bobs corner spot
- 1) the guy on bold street lookin' like a cross between john lennon and jesus
2) the guy by williamson square who puts his head in a bucket and then does a head stand with the bucket still on...
3) the guy in a wheel chair with one leg - he pushes himself around backwards in a circle, while playing the irish whistle, with his dog attatched to the wheel trying to keep up....
4) the woman who's mother has 'just died' since 1997 and is STILL trying to 'raise money' for her gravestone...
5) the pretty infamous guy who plays the guitar with a cardboard box, selling cardboard tapes too...
- Pain in the arse. Make Liverpool look cheap and nasty. How do they get away with playing amplified music in the middle of the main shopping street and when is someone going to put a foot in their amps?
- That tramp that stands in Whitechapel singing with a peice of cardboard shaped like a Guitar!
- well the knobhead with the brass who thinks skins are racist deserves a few 2p's....threw at his head
- theres sum tramp an he plays a guitar made out of cardboard hes a right loony
- Theres a santa claus bloke who plays a tape and dances to it. And theres the normal instrument playing variety everywhere.
- Baz thre trumpet player on Bold Street and there's a tramp called Jack Nesbitt
who sometimes mimes a cardboard guitar arounf Mathew Street.
- the guy who looks like Jesus and plays an electric violin, usually on Bold Street also theres the guy who used to play the cardboard box and pretend it was a guitar, who then upgraded to a tennis racket and now plays a cardboard cut out of a guitar, he also tends to be dressed as Santa.
- me gettin thrown peeny at
dont know none but they all stink anyway
although there is some aribian fella who does poems for 50p
- Most residents on a Saturday night try their hand at this. I'm also always amused
by the woman who has been pregnant for six years and uses this to beg for money
- "Plink a plink" This guy sings & plays a cardboard guitar with the strings drawn on!
He has a limited number of cassettes for sale, also made from cardboard. Usually outside "Flannagans" Mathew Street on Friday & Saturday nights.
- They are everywhere.
- Bold Street.
- Sometime fire jugglers, irish penny whistlers, and men who sing to dancing puppets. Mostly in the environs of Williamson Square.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: lisa walsh, Beth, Brian Gaskell, lisedgar, Redi, phil, martin, Sephy, killikikik, niall, Chris, John Purslow, Kevan, Steven Whitmore, J, Gaz, em, The Kaiser, Fran mcgrath, kate, Jo Knowles, iain love, Jake Gainey, Michael Feely, Detroit, Amanda, Bob Boyer, David Dearden, tim Myers, Dave, gnomey, sintellinslass, Joe Stalls, paul rimmer, fuck, jonny, jack pattie, Josh, tony bighorn, A poor abused little boy, david flower, TomO, len pentin, Pete, Gaynor Newman, beccy, Terry Holdall, S.Kotcherine, Mark McNulty, mel, Fenn, AntiX, Bev, Mark Morgans, Preston Firmleigh, Tony General, rachel, harry green, hayley, snowcrash, Franny, donagan, debzzzzzzzzzzz, robbie blanco, Tony falls, Terry Tearaway, Natasha, michael shelton, silver lining, Scouse Wanker, Mike, cookie, jean, Tessa, patchouli, joe, John Lee, w. bradley, Heather Mangan, Alex, J Bailey, Anthony Dooley, Frank, Mike Swain, bazza, Wezz, tom, Barry Duggan, joey ramone, Kellie-Marie, Rob Kearney, Andy J, loopy, Toby Spunkloon, pablo, dave ferg, Philgould, Gaab+Hannaah, Foxy, Claire Rogers, Kell, Dave Wood, web master, John Hewitt, gordon, socialatoms, bec, paul, Xno-oneX, paulaparker, Casey Donahew Band, Fudge, Adam Morris, Paulita, Gavvo, mark, Matt, maggi mclear, jill blane, ellie ellins, emonious, Rhiannon, J Wake, Angel, Rich Higgins, Gary., Emma Wright, Estelle Newnham, Richard MacDonald, James, blah, Gary Roberts, Mike Burkitt, Rod Stringer, gwen potter, Roelfy, James O'Hanlon, Deb Connors (nee) Hipkiss, Mr. Shift, Jason Boland and the Stragglers, tara maguire, Harry J. Green, Rob Goggs, Kay Feltham, steve, catsmother, Lee Smith, Jay Melia, jason, stella, paul halliwell, Susie Barry, anna, dlht's, Rob Williamson, David, jo meehan, peter, Phil Furlong, Amy, Caroline Hodges, email@example.com, Dianne Court, sidney james, Jane, Emma Wheeler, D RADCLIFFE, trud, marko, Chockablock, jaykay, julian, Helen, Mikey , saint, Ryan, leanne knox, generic, jamie doherty, liz, Debbie, percy longprong, Spider, percy, Sarah, Michael Collins, ad, Holly, Paul Wain, Julie McLoughlin, mark j, Git, Sue Kenworthy, N Smith
Last updated: 2011-08-10
More stuff about Liverpool
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Liverpool Knowhere Board