Live Music Venues in Liverpool, Merseyside*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about Liverpool.
Live Music Venues
- East Village Arts Club on Seel Street is always fab for up and coming local bands
- Echo arena, gobshits
- Too many places to list. A LOT of bars and pubs have live acts on, just walk round and look!
- Hannah's Bar - small but friendly
- Carling academy
- Jake Stigers and the Velvet Roots will be performing at The Cavern on the Beatles Stage, Tonight (Monday 15th May) Tickets are only £5 to witness history all over again, Jake and his band have all played along side some greats, from Pattie Rothberg, Bo Diddly, Tina Turner, Lenny Kravitz The Black Crowes plus many many more, This event is not one to be missed, Kepp an eye out for Jake and his band about the town during the day and don't miss the show tonight!!!!! gonna be a blinder
- Crosby Social Club, Crosby, Liverpool
- Barfly, Liverpool Uni Academy, Carling Academy
- The Lomax
- The Liverpool academy is great for up and coming bands but why do they chuck people out at 10.30, i'd just bought a pint!
- Quigs sometimes has bands playing all day just check they'll be advertised. The barfly, the picket, carling academy.
- Zanzibar, first Saturday of every month is 'The Bandwagon' night. Has about four great bands inc. The Coral and Noel Gallager have both player exclusive acoustic gigs there and it wasn't even on the ticket. you will enjoy
- The Zanzibar club hosts unsigned bands (although sometimes The Bandits play there). Carling Acedemy, Mountford Hall and Stanley Hall host the 'medium' bands, Royal Court and Philarmonic have even bigger ones, but if you wanna see Radiohead or Muse, you'll have to go to Manchester for that.
- Liverpool's most 'happening' (Monday) music night. Jazz n Jokes.
- Liverpool Academy, Liverpool Royal Court and hundres of other smaller places. Try Stamps in Crosby. Quite a few of the big bands do bypass liverpool and play that shit hole up the east lancs (Manchester)
- Zanzibar - lots of great local bands including Zombina and the Skeletones, The Bandits and LoBe have their own nights there and are worth checking out
- The Picket
- party at the pier
- the masque , on seel st, or try the monro pub
- crazy house
- The Masque, in seel street, some punk, hardcore and metal nights.
- L2 and Royal Court get most big acts. For the proper superstars you have to go to Manchester though - until Everton build that staduim on the docks. And theres the Crash Studios at the back of Stanley Street - not a venue as such, but Cast, The Farm etc can often be heard as you roam the winding hallways!
- The Lomax/L2 for big and medium size bands, the Picket on Hardman Street for local
- l2 occaisnly has a half decent band on although the only ral place is royal court the latest and greatst on there were probaly placebo the rest well thats just Elton JOhn
- Lomax, Cumberland Street - top PA, top venue, ludicrously overpriced drinks.
Picket, Hardman Street - nice little venue, little too cleanly run - no smoking in a music venue??????
Zanzibar - nice sound, relaxed club...quality of acts a bit inconsistent...
Heebiejeebees - in a cellar, terrible acoustics, hence awful sound. Crap bands too (exc. Groovy Tuesday w/Bez).
Jacaranda - too small.
- Alternative stuff: The Lomax, The Underground
- The Lomax on Cumberland Street, a regular line up of up and coming national bands, some about to break. (Some dross there as well).
- New L2 Venue with more showcases and newer bands.
- K2 - Northbound Club Night on every second Wednesday offers showcases of local bands, interspersed with Trip Hop / Alternative Sounds.
- Check out The Cavern Club matinee sessions every Saturday (start around 2pm) Live bands, unsigned and playing only original material. One of the best to come out of the sessions was The Bitter Pills, plus many other bands recently signed. Free!
- The Lomax on Cumberland Street (off Dale Street) good for up & coming national bands & good local bands
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: lisa walsh, Beth, Apryl , Brian Gaskell, lisedgar, Kyle, Redi, phil, martin, Sephy, killikikik, niall, Chris, John Purslow, MairĂ©ad, Kevan, Steven Whitmore, J, Gaz, em, The Kaiser, Fran mcgrath, kate, Jo Knowles, iain love, Jake Gainey, Michael Feely, Luvved Up, Detroit, Amanda, Bob Boyer, David Dearden, tim Myers, Dave, gnomey, amanda windsor, sintellinslass, Joe Stalls, paul rimmer, fuck, jonny, jack pattie, Josh, tony bighorn, A poor abused little boy, david flower, TomO, len pentin, Pete, Gaynor Newman, beccy, Terry Holdall, S.Kotcherine, Mark McNulty, mel, Fenn, AntiX, Bev, Mark Morgans, Preston Firmleigh, Tony General, rachel, Vera Mack, harry green, hayley, snowcrash, Franny, donagan, debzzzzzzzzzzz, robbie blanco, Tony falls, Terry Tearaway, Mmmmmmmmmmm, Natasha, michael shelton, silver lining, Jh, Scouse Wanker, Mc, Mike, cookie, jean, Tessa, Lob_Scouse, patchouli, joe, John Lee, w. bradley, Heather Mangan, Alex, J Bailey, Anthony Dooley, Land_Lubber, Frank, Mike Swain, bazza, Wezz, tom, Barry Duggan, joey ramone, Kellie-Marie, Thom, Mick, Rob Kearney, Andy J, loopy, negative people, Frank Evans, Toby Spunkloon, pablo, dave ferg, Philgould, Gaab+Hannaah, Foxy, Claire Rogers, Kell, Dave Wood, web master, John Hewitt, gordon, socialatoms, bec, JacobLP, paul, Xno-oneX, paulaparker, Kevin, Casey Donahew Band, Fudge, Adam Morris, Paulita, Gavvo, mark, LiverByrd, Scouse Pie, Matt, maggi mclear, jill blane, ellie ellins, emonious, Rhiannon, J Wake, Angel, Rich Higgins, Gary., Emma Wright, Estelle Newnham, Richard MacDonald, James, blah, Gary Roberts, Mike Burkitt, Rod Stringer, gwen potter, Roelfy, James O'Hanlon, Deb Connors (nee) Hipkiss, Mr. Shift, Jason Boland and the Stragglers, tara maguire, Harry J. Green, Rob Goggs, Kay Feltham, steve, catsmother, Lee Smith, Jay Melia, jason, stella, paul halliwell, Susie Barry, anna, kev, dlht's, Rob Williamson, David, jo meehan, peter, Phil Furlong, Amy, Caroline Hodges, email@example.com, Dianne Court, sidney james, Jane, Aunt Fanny, Emma Wheeler, hot-pot, D RADCLIFFE, trud, marko, Chockablock, jaykay, julian, Mersey Heart, Helen, Mikey , May, saint, Ryan, leanne knox, generic, jamie doherty, liz, Debbie, percy longprong, Spider, Ronnie, percy, Sarah, Michael Collins, Sean Tuaima, ad, Holly, Paul Wain, Julie McLoughlin, David Rush, mark j, Git, Sue Kenworthy, N Smith
Last updated: 2014-06-18
More stuff about Liverpool
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Liverpool Knowhere Board