Record Shops in Liverpool, Merseyside*
The places where you buy your music
You can tell us more about Liverpool.
- Hairy Records is now Vinyl Emporium. New owners. Had some renovations but still the same amazing place. Music stage now on the first floor and a coffee shop opening soon
- Hairy Music at the top of Bold Street is great, you can get some gems in there - pretty much all of my SRV albums have come from here.
Failing that, there's also the HMV and that.
- There's an awesome new punk record shop in Grand Central alternative shopping centre (the new Quiggins) on the second floor. Sells punk/hardcore/pop punk/ska/indie. http://www.myspace.com/listen_up_records
- Probe on Wood Street
- There are no decent reecord shops in Liverpool anymore. Probe was once, but no longer and it's too expensive. Just buy online like all true music afficianados.
- Three beat records
- Probe Records Off bold street
- Probe records
- THE ALLKINDS SHOP 145 SMITHDOWN ROAD STILL SELLS RECORDS ALTHOUGH YOU MIGHT HAVE TO ASK BRIAN IF YOUR LOOKING FOR ANYTHING SPECIAL THEY ARE ONLY OPEN AFTEROONS THEY HAVE ALSO GOT HI FI BITS
- Cult Vinal, Quiggins (2nd floor)
- 3 beat on slater street, play dj on bold street
- Probe records on wood street (up the road from the kazy house)
- They're all over the show. Dunno whether 3Beat is still open up by Slater Street and Probe was OK too.
- Music Zone by the Liverpool FC shop isn't bad - except they've got a sale on and have jacked up the prices on certain CD's to compensate. Corporate gobshites.
- probe records - 33 years of RPMs in 2004. still the place to go for all cool releases
- HMV usual places and also Probe, many place in the sacred Quigs and others in the Palace they sell all styles of rock music that will suit your mood!
- Bold Street Records is the place to get all your banging Scouse House tunes nah what Im sayin!
- There's a good place on St. John's Road in Crosby. All second hand, but a huge selection, with nothing over a tenner!
- Chester HMV
- vinal fronteir in school lane has everything (almost)
- Jesus lets see, Hairy Records on Bold Street is alright, but the fella is a bit of a biff (can I say that or is that deemed illegal? and there are a few scattered around, but the most famous and by far and away the best Is Probe Records on Slater street opposite the Palace full of brilliant tunes and very sound staff
- Hairy Records at the top of Bold Street is great, it has a great selection of records........and lots of Morrissey stuff, which makes it worth a visit :)
- Hairy Records 2nd-Hand record shop at top of Bold Street is great for vinyl. Music Zone in Williamson Sq equally as good for cheap CD's.
- The Vinal Fronteer - in Quiggins
- music trade is my favourite cd& video sorta shop in liverpool, its cheaper than most places
- MUSIC BOX IS REALLY CHEAP
- http://www.glasswerk.co.uk sells the best unsigned music from Liverpool and the North West.
- The Musical Box in Tuebrook is the best record shop in the North West. Loads of back lists and stuff since they started sometime in the 50's.
- Allkinds in Smithdown road - sells everything!
- Probe Records Matthew Street
- the bestfor ya punk/goth rock is in hellraiser, in the basement of the palace
- hmv virgin an the dead cheap 1 opposite sayers an the 1 next to quiggins which is top 4 outsesticide
- Hairy Records: The best record shop I've ever been to. Including mine in The States! Superb selection of lp's and singles especially from the 60's. Super nice employees. It does not smell in Hairy records...that is the wonderful smell of vinyl!
- 3 beat is good
- The only proper independent record shop in Liverpool, and it's been there for
over 20 years, is Probe. Theyr'e rude, they've got attitude but they've also got
bloody good records - some of which are second hand. There's also a fair size
second hand shop on Bold Street called Hairy and some smaller ones in Quiggans
and The Palace.
- vinyal enterprose top of church street by the bluecoat chambers plenty of good ol stuff in there also a smallish record shop in quiggins center by lost art skateboards also church street although watch out for the livin dead outside
- Hairy Records, Bold Street - Smells a bit, but put a clothes peg on and delve deep for some bargains.
- Probe records on Wood Street. Yeah!
- Probe on Slater Street is still the place for the non mainstream/alternative stuff. Very good selection of DJ toons, Trip Hop, Acid Jazz, D&B, & all things funky & worth buying... but it takes a bit of searching... ask at the counter and they'll play some stuff... if they like it!!
- Loads of others.
- Essence Records in Liverpool Palace on Slater Street. Second hand and new dance music plus new 70's Funk/Rare Groove shop.
- Allkinds- secondhand cd, tape, record shop in Smithdown Road
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: lisa walsh, Beth, Brian Gaskell, lisedgar, Redi, phil, martin, Sephy, killikikik, niall, Chris, John Purslow, Kevan, Steven Whitmore, J, Gaz, em, The Kaiser, Fran mcgrath, kate, Jo Knowles, iain love, Jake Gainey, Michael Feely, Detroit, Amanda, Bob Boyer, David Dearden, tim Myers, Dave, gnomey, sintellinslass, Joe Stalls, paul rimmer, fuck, jonny, jack pattie, Josh, tony bighorn, A poor abused little boy, david flower, TomO, len pentin, Pete, Gaynor Newman, beccy, Terry Holdall, S.Kotcherine, Mark McNulty, mel, Fenn, AntiX, Bev, Mark Morgans, Preston Firmleigh, Tony General, rachel, harry green, hayley, snowcrash, Franny, donagan, debzzzzzzzzzzz, robbie blanco, Tony falls, Terry Tearaway, Natasha, michael shelton, silver lining, Scouse Wanker, Mike, cookie, jean, Tessa, patchouli, joe, John Lee, w. bradley, Heather Mangan, Alex, J Bailey, Anthony Dooley, Frank, Mike Swain, bazza, Wezz, tom, Barry Duggan, joey ramone, Kellie-Marie, Rob Kearney, Andy J, loopy, Toby Spunkloon, pablo, dave ferg, Philgould, Gaab+Hannaah, Foxy, Claire Rogers, Kell, Dave Wood, web master, John Hewitt, gordon, socialatoms, bec, paul, Xno-oneX, paulaparker, Casey Donahew Band, Fudge, Adam Morris, Paulita, Gavvo, mark, Matt, maggi mclear, jill blane, ellie ellins, emonious, Rhiannon, J Wake, Angel, Rich Higgins, Gary., Emma Wright, Estelle Newnham, Richard MacDonald, James, blah, Gary Roberts, Mike Burkitt, Rod Stringer, gwen potter, Roelfy, James O'Hanlon, Deb Connors (nee) Hipkiss, Mr. Shift, Jason Boland and the Stragglers, tara maguire, Harry J. Green, Rob Goggs, Kay Feltham, steve, catsmother, Lee Smith, Jay Melia, jason, stella, paul halliwell, Susie Barry, anna, dlht's, Rob Williamson, David, jo meehan, peter, Phil Furlong, Amy, Caroline Hodges, email@example.com, Dianne Court, sidney james, Jane, Emma Wheeler, D RADCLIFFE, trud, marko, Chockablock, jaykay, julian, Helen, Mikey , saint, Ryan, leanne knox, generic, jamie doherty, liz, Debbie, percy longprong, Spider, percy, Sarah, Michael Collins, ad, Holly, Paul Wain, Julie McLoughlin, mark j, Git, Sue Kenworthy, N Smith
Last updated: 2012-05-08
More stuff about Liverpool
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Liverpool Knowhere Board