The Worst Things in Lowestoft, Suffolk*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Lowestoft.
The Worst Things
- YMCA and the majority of youth in this town. Education too, perhaps.
- Thick as pig-shit greasy-haired chavs, especially those who can't be bothered to get off their spotty arses and get a job, and those who think it's societies job to bring up their offspring while they fight, swear, swig voddy and chuff away on spliffs outside the DSS... with their blinged up accessories - I mean babies - in buggies watching on learning the ropes. And that's just the 14 year old girls.
- transport is slow compared to london trains and busses which run evey ten minites not an hour.
- Lowestoft is over run by people who wish they were gangstas. They walk around as if they're going to "bust a cap in your ass" when in fact all they're likely to do is call you an emo and say "Yoooor mum!!!" at the top of their voice. Then run home to their own mums.
- TOWN CENTRE, NO SKATEPARK, POOR WAVES, WINTER, CHAVS, RUDE CUSTOMERS, PIGEONS, TRAFFIC, GENERAL LACK OF MOTIVATION INSTILLED INTO THE YOUTH OF THE AREA TO GET OFF YOUR OWN 'AR*E' AND DO SOMETHING!! TOFFS IN SOUTHWOLD.
- ALL THE SHIT AROUND TOWN
- Pretty much everything else. I dont like the police. They're rude. Alot of the corner shop attendants wont serve you fags even if you ARE 16 and you DO HAVE ID.
- NOTLEYS CHAV PUB AND HANKS NIG NOG UNDERAGE GLASS IN THE FACE PUB/CLUB
- Loser druggies and trendy chav's causing trouble and glassing people for no reason!!!
- the bridge
- Twats who have moved in from up north who do nothing but shoplift.
- THE DIRTY TRAMPS IN TOWN WITH THEIR 'SPECIAL BREW','DOLE-UPS' AND DOGS. MOST HAVE HOUSING BUT CHOOSE TO SIT IN THE STREETS AND BEG FOR BEER/DRUG MONEY.
DROP OUT 'TOWNIES' WITH THEIR SMALL CAPS, WHITE 'NIKE' TRAINERS AND TRACKIE BOTTOMS TUCKED INTO ONE SOCK!(PLEASE EXPLAIN ANYONE?)SMOKING, SPITTING AND SWEARING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET HAS BECOME A NEW PAST-TIME.
- too many junkies now and some areas you go into at your own risk. the back streets around kirkley, london road south and the seafront after dark are very dodgy. gone are the times when i would walk thru them areas after a nite out. unemployment is high. buses are shit too, they stop running to certain areas really early now, no 24 hour buses i know of.
- BIT BORING NOT MUCH TO DO 4 18 YR OLDS AND WEN YA SKINT THE PUBS OUTA DA QUESTION!!
- The residents and the ghostlyness when its not summer
- its boring
- its boring
- Spashett Road, Witton Green, London Road South/Marine Parade Bedsit Scumbags, all the pubs stink and are full of pissed up tramps and sailors, the girls have webbed feet
- It isn't exactly the most lively place except in the summer when the holiday makers and the blasted foreign exchange students arrive.
- The increase of drug addiction, and crime.
- Hollywood Cinema.
The new KFC.
Finding a cash machine.
Cantor's Entertainment Complex - rip off theatre school, ok underage disco I think, boasts a comedy theatre, yeah, old fashioned working men's club style comedy. Probably suits the vast amount of OAPs here.
Lowestoft really could do with more frequent comedy gigs at the theatres.
- london rd full of sado charity shops
- The poor state of London Road South it gives such a bad image to newcomers to the Town its really drab, shabby, and desperately in need of a face lift, the shopkeepers have a responsibility and need to do something drastic to encourage trade
- The never goes away, streaks of dog poo lining the pavements.
- Freaks of nature that inhabit the towmn on a weekend. Idiots who love to start trouble (and can never hold their drink - lightwights!!!) Mist & Fog.
- Inbred mutant ski-pant wearing girls (yes ladies, the eighties is dead and we have reached the new millenium), Ralph Lauren wearing boys who can't drink and user far to much gel on their (so they think) perfect hair!!!!
Small minded local idiots who give you the evil eye if you dare to dress different!!!
- unemployment, lack of energy, aspirations
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: moses whitley, Leon Shaw, Mat Tillett, Nikki, claire, Paul Jenn, Claire Watts, jon, Fion, Mark King, Harvey Manning, Shaun Cole, dunc, monkey, Ernie, dave, wendy lisantri, Nigel Holland, Howie Marsh, anita, Shane, Ashley Lever, Ashley Warburton, David Webb, Heidi, kms, brandon hammond, Gemma , Tom Walker, mute, B.Andrews, james dickins, Kit, niki, margaret binks, chris, marty, Charlotte Barrett, ads, matt riley, dan, nick, Iain, chris simpson, alan biggs, Ashley Lever, sam, generic, KEN BLOWERS, Kit T G, janneau van-Daele, Chris Sturley, Jamie, mark taylor, Mark, Romeo Turin, Bryan Smith, Sam Smith, Mick, ben, Henry Allen, John Sutcliffe, lisa, John, lil dave, JohnEEEEEEEE, valkyrie, Pete Browne, Andrew Skoulding, paul
Last updated: 2008-02-05
More stuff about Lowestoft
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Lowestoft Knowhere Board