Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Lutterworth, Leicestershire*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Lutterworth.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- benny hill
green grass lived in a suroundin village
- we am de best! gotta be the woof stallions! (( i swear darth vader was born here or summat!)
- janet thompson ex-tv keep fit milf
- Barbara 'scissorhands' Cartland for sure
- well,not actually lutterworth itself but black sabbeth stayed in walcote for some time and drank in the tavern
- mickey adams - leicester foorball players
- Sir Frank Whittle creator of the jet engine and John Wycliff - Famous for translating the bible from latin.
- Sir Frank Whittle invented the jet engine (which the residents of New York are delighted about, I'm sure), but as he did the work in Lutterworth, some guy down a pub probably invented it and 'Big Frank' glassed him and stole the plans!! Look for Owen Williams curing cancer in the next few years!!!!
- I SUPPOSE THE IS THE EVER SO PRESENT OWEN WILLIAMS!
- FRED DAVIS
- Lee Hendy - I swear he is a vampire!
- Just like to point out that Sir Frank Whittle did not invent the jet engine here but only built it in the workshops where Georges Taxis is now.
- The legendary Jewish comedian Norman Norman lived on Saxon Fields in the early 1980s. I'm sure his daughter Heidi went to the High School/Grammar School.
Also I think you'll find that one of Benny Hill's sidekicks lived on Saxon Fields with his mum.
- Richard Barby's Dad, for throwing the javelin about a thousand miles, and having never been beaten...well done old shoe. Yes, he's not in the news or on TV, but he should be...
- some leicester city footie players and some bible man called hjohn wycliff
- Steve Craddock, guitarist in Ocean Colour Scene has been spotted in Koggy's on more than one occasion.
- Benny Hills mother!!!
- John Wycliffe (translator of Bible from Latin to English - his ashes were reputedly scattered into the swift, even if he was banished here) and Frank Whittle (inventor of the jet engine). Not too bad, huh?
- Carl Gamble's Dad used to put his son's old gerbils out of their misery by taking them into the garden and lobbing a brick on 'em!Usually with his son forced to watch.And then bury the corpse.What was left that is.......
- There was that famous incident,circa 1987 when that Holly Drive resident got thrown out of the Oak pub on New Years Eve and then staggering up near the old Council offices went for a crap in the middle of the road.He then lost his balance and fell back into his own poo whereupon he wiped said arse with his scarf and pulled his pants up unaware of his whole back being covered in his own indiscretion.His mother found his soiled clothes in the washing basket the next day and proceeded to scream "You Animal!" at him on New Years day 1988.
- NOBODY NOTHING NO FAMOUS PERSON WOULD EVER COME HERE AND STAY
- Can any one possibly imagine a lutterworth with out Tom shaz and his old man!
hats off to eagle eye rommel the traffic warden who can see round corners
- Lead Guitarist of the might WEAVE, the one and only Alice-in-WondaWeave comes from lutterworth, the rumour goes that he lives in a deserted mansion up that road near the High School, I've seen truck loads of groupy chicks going up there, I hear it's wild up that way, baby, yeah...
- The Blake Brothers. They are like the Marx Bros but a lot funnier...
- Just thought I would point out that Sir Frank Whittle wasn't born in Lutterworth, he was infact born in Newcombe Road, Earlsdon, Coventry. The house has a Blue Plaque on the wall, and last year a monument was unveiled to him on Hearsall Common to commemorate the place where he 1 st experienced flight, actually he was almost killed by a plane taking off there in 1916!
- Mr Perks from LGS has a reputation to strike fear into the little 1st years
- Benny Hill lived on Saxon Fields (Local estate) for some time in the early eighties and the guy from Mind your language and the Doctor series whose name escapes me for the moment lived and was murdered in the nearby village of Claybrooke
- The most famous ex resident must be that great enginner Sir Frank Whittle who was born in Lutterworth and went on to invent the jet engine.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Dolly Splodge, JM, James , Richard Hines, simon, Jools, greg pinear, jj, Estella, tash, Steve Matthews, 2 much self, Rob Jones, Geoff, christof, pedro, Jim scally, Franco, debbie, graham t, Emma, Me, Chris Williamson, Amanda, chris scott, cass, Jenny Giles, Ema, Chips for the Poor, Frank Whittle, Renate Samson, Helen Southam, Big John, Blonde Bird, John Britton, Tai, just someone, bart simpson, stuart grover, wel, Dave Melkerts, steve howells, Lee Hendy, Mark Weston, Jake Bear, Bill Simes, Smokey, Sian Wells, Julian Goffe, Roy, paula, shirleybassey, Cider John, Iain paston, cc, Kelly Brett, john smith, Karl Melkerts, fin, mr hill, Chris Denton, Smiler, ralph weave, Helen, dr vanallen, Mike, fraz mullen, Pai Mae, carl bigtit crowe, Jack, generic, stuart rudman, faye, laburnz, Tom Sharrocks, hassam suddein, Smig, alexander, David Woodroffe, Jamie Dawes, nick trotter, k8, Greg Pinnear, Anon, Rachel, darren, Paul Cheney, Dave Elden, Russell Osman, Paul Smith, KAY, Andy Brown, Adolfi Hitlerio, tony stevens, Ralph Bigpants, S. Langtin, Dooney, Rusty Snails, JT, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Lutterworth
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Lutterworth Knowhere Board