Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Lutterworth.
- The Shambles now has new owners since 2008 food is fantastic, 2 courses for £6.00, carvery sunday lunch, superb breakfasts on a weekend from 8.30a.m
- Papadoms on linden drive in lutterworth has one of the best currys....me and my girlfreind visit nearly every week.....10/10 in service and the quality of food....GREAT!!
- Papadoms Indian Takeaway
- finally some where withfree delivery so i don.t have to get my sorry ass out the chair neptunes chippy and pizza with free delivery
- just plain loads of em, just dont expect to have a "normal" day the day after eating one from good ol' lutterwoth!
- Remember Petit Marche? .... that took some beating.
- The Greyhound Coaching Inn has the best restaurant in town, the food is top notch, but the service is only 2 out of 10,
- sunagow restaurant - exotic spices - great wall - poppadoms
- Best chippie is or was Harry Haddock on Central Av - other end of town..Best Chinese on Linden Drive.. best convenient shop.. Jim & Jaynes on linden drive & the Sunar Gow Restaurant Station Road and you get a 10% discount for ordering a take-away indian.
- The new Indian is great for takeaways and eating in, really stylish for Lutterworth!
- WEL BAKERS OVEN WAS FINE
- Exotic Spice new Indian on Church Street! also has the new 'street' name of Erotic Spice. Though no-one has ever ventured into this place.
- I got an email from a Lutterworth restaurant today. The Cavalier Inn. I am always looking for a new place to try..but I do think it's a bit of a drive from the States! I decided to check out the local color anyway, as I am also always looking for a new place to travel. You have sufficiently scared me off :)
- 2002 Update: see coffee shop section, the curry house is still highly, highly highly recommended.
- Chinky Pete's - best Chinese in Lutterworth - or is it the only one... Not very good at chips though.
- The Sunagow Indian Restaurant used to be a dream, they had fantastic food.
- indian chinease chippy takeaway down linden drive and down town the is pizza man chinky and another chippy oh and the anazing harryhaddocks down central ave!
- Chengs Special fried rice never fails to please. Pizzaman is good but they always make you wait a bit too long when you are drunk and need a wee, Sunar Gow's lovely aromas entice you from Koggy's beer garden.
- Ok, big news, the mighty-bite cafe has been sold by cherry and bought by Rosannes tea room, who have turned it into......another tea room cum cafe, just what the town needs more of.....
And theres no an indian take away next to the great wall on greenacres, no reports as of yet though.
- Cheikos (gorgeous food, smells a bit funny), Pizza (alright, I think), A couple of Chinese (both gorgeous, though Greenacres is my choice) and 3 fish bars (again, Greenacres tops it, though The Lutterworth Chippy in the town centre probably gets most business)... Um, The Indian which is alwas full of pub-lads and startled people but is cheap and nice...... I should be a tour guide.
- The Kebab Van fed yor belly until they found out where the meat cum from and his taste for getting medieval on drunks with fast mouths.
- CHINKY NEXT TO THE BALLOON,DONT GO TO THE CHINKY IN THE CENTRE DODGY WELL DODGY
INIAN ON STATION ROAD LUTTERWORTH CHIPPY THE FOODS OK BUT THE SOS IS SHITE
NEW CHIPPY OPENING UP NEXT TO THE CHINKY AND AN INDIAN ON THE SAME ROW OF SHOPS LOOKS LIKE THE NEW GORMMET CENTRE FOR FOOD IS NEXT TO THE BALLOON
- Don't go to the Indian... my girlfriend and I went and we were both sick, sick like dogs, after eating cat curry.
- Lutterworth Chippy (actually called that)
- Sunar Gow - Excellent curries open till 1am.
- Chengs Garden chinese take a way - good and cheap.
- Paper Tiger is a quality Cantonese restaurant that does an excellent crispy Peking duck.
- Rossans Tea Room: A very pleasant place since they stopped the sixth form students going in.
- The Office: Now closed down, really was full of people from offices.
- Pizzaman: Despite the shite name, rumoured to actually produce some nice food. but you'll require £7 for a big ham and pineapple.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Dolly Splodge, JM, James , Richard Hines, simon, Jools, greg pinear, jj, Estella, tash, Steve Matthews, 2 much self, Rob Jones, Geoff, christof, pedro, Jim scally, Franco, debbie, graham t, Emma, Me, Chris Williamson, Amanda, chris scott, cass, Jenny Giles, Ema, Chips for the Poor, Frank Whittle, Renate Samson, Helen Southam, Big John, Blonde Bird, John Britton, Tai, just someone, bart simpson, stuart grover, wel, Dave Melkerts, steve howells, Lee Hendy, Mark Weston, Jake Bear, Bill Simes, Smokey, Sian Wells, Julian Goffe, Roy, paula, shirleybassey, Cider John, Iain paston, cc, Kelly Brett, john smith, Karl Melkerts, fin, mr hill, Chris Denton, Smiler, ralph weave, Helen, dr vanallen, Mike, fraz mullen, Pai Mae, carl bigtit crowe, Jack, generic, stuart rudman, faye, laburnz, Tom Sharrocks, hassam suddein, Smig, alexander, David Woodroffe, Jamie Dawes, nick trotter, k8, Greg Pinnear, Anon, Rachel, darren, Paul Cheney, Dave Elden, Russell Osman, Paul Smith, KAY, Andy Brown, Adolfi Hitlerio, tony stevens, Ralph Bigpants, S. Langtin, Dooney, Rusty Snails, JT, Steve
Last updated: 2011-01-20
More stuff about Lutterworth
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Lutterworth Knowhere Board