Live Music Venues in Macclesfield, Cheshire*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about Macclesfield.
Live Music Venues
- Now that Ronnie's has closed down, there's nowhere really since The Swan With Two Necks barely does it anymore, and The Snowgoose Live is long gone.
- Cabin 5150
- Snow Goose (where Preachers used to be)I think...
- Townhouse, King Edward Street, have live music most Thursdays and Saturdays, from acoustic to rock bands.
- i hate
- Come on CubanKnights (Al') give the local talent a chance and some money....
- Big bands are no longer playing at Cuban Knighst because of poor payments and bad management. Bands are starting to play and Angels.
- Cuban Frights.
- Cuban Knights is good if they only booked some different bands apart from teh usual Rock and Blues stuff.
Nags Head since its refit puts bands on every Friday night, well worth checking out.
- The cuba bar is semi decent.
- Queens Hotel is putting on some wicked gigs
- THE UNDERGROUND R.I.P. can not beleve it is going to be knocked down. every infamus club seems to end the same way. macc needs a band venue NOW
- Bar Cuba of course
The George is good too
The Queen Hotel (for the punks)
- Cuban Nights - check before you go, sometimes have very bad blondie tribute bands on etc, but 8 times out of 10 there are some beltin bands on.
- cock inn
- Bar Cuba on a thursday. I saw this band there once and the way i thought about music and life in general changed for good. Two words.. Roobix Cube. Jesus these guys were not only good, they were very good. Kris Keep on vocals, guitars, and generally an all round top bloke! check out www.roobixcube.tk.
- cuban knights not bad for student night on thurs local bands etc. the odd name but tends to be once in a blue moon.
- THE ACADEMY MANCHESTER. GET ON THE MAILING LIST FOR BANDS THAT DON'T JUST PLAY THE RIP-OFF BIG VENUES SUCH AS V2003 ETC. I SAW THE CORAL FOR £9, DAVID BYRNE FOR £12 ETC AND IT'S ONLY 35 MINS FROM MACC.
- Cuban Knights - I am a bit bias as i am a bouncer there, but thursday nights are top!
Loads of women and a wide variety of tunes from dance to rock, so everyone is catered for. No trouble as i throw those people out!
Friday and saturday are only really decent nights if you like watching live bands.
Also, it's one of the only places in Macc where we let people in after the gay 10:30 curfew. Stop letting in at 12, then open till 1 on thurs and 2am friday abd saturday.
- the 'george'...
- You get aload of local bans that are rly gonna make it big sum day! go 2manchester 4a taste of the macclesfiled music (proper music) scene!
- bar cuba - home of 'alienesque' the greatest cover band to ever use sparklers on stage, thats what Titty McBollox said anyway!
- Macc Leisure centre...what was it, the screaming beavers....?? never went, just remember thinking rude things when i saw the banner!! hey and did you know that Mr Eric Clapton when he was in the Yardbirds played in Macc...(useless trivia)
- west park family fun day
- Cuba, Nag's Head
- Knights bar ( when he doesn't forget to have a licence ha ha dosy pillock)
- West Park @ the family fun day .... usually have the screaming beavers there
- The Underground (George Hotel) is easily the best music venue in town. New, upcoming and probably the best bands in macc -play here.
Cuba has the best PA in macc, but that's about it...
Knights bar sucks... They might as well book the same band, doing the same covers every night
- The Underground
- the underground for a fight and not much else.
- Bar Cuba, Purgatory, Knights bar for Smellies
- litten tree and yates's have occasional live bands on along with all the usual places, not going to comment on the quality. however, the amsterdam bar (under new management) do a phat live drum 'n' bass night 1 sat night a month which is worth going to if u like that sort of thing.
- Music in Macclesfield?
- That Bar, Samual Street, Macclesfield - great night to be had by all. Very relaxed atmosphere. R & B, soul etc played.
- the underground
- Bar Cuba - just been refitted so it should be good as it's billing itself as a pre-tour venue for big name acts. Intimate.
- cuba and the george
- MAIN SQUEEZE WHAT A GREAT PLACE FULL OF TALENT
- Knights bar
- Bar Cuba - lots of sick hip-hop acts play Bar Cuba. In the past Jurassic5, Jungle Brothers, De La Soul, Koolio, Ozmatli have all played Bar Cuba at least once.
- club cuba
- George Hotel, where most of the Macc Bands started playing. Bate Hall and the Boarhound have well respected folk clubs Serious music happens at the Leisure Centre.
- Nags Head is starting up putting bands on again. Jam night in there on Thursdays.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: giblett, I love Lucy, B.M.Arnold, Janet, hayley allen, Phil Latham, jen, journolud, jason sellars, Ron Davies, paul & lorraine, cvbcvb, peter pan, peaches will you sit down!, Percy, Rude Girl, Claire, ggggggg, exmacclad, laura bundell, hot water, Paul Dignan, ROB, Tom, la, davedark, Charlie, stephanienield, BIGAN, nick blamey, fashion diva, Grez Ferguson, bomber, eebygum, Georgie, beth, merlin6239, DAve, mike, rosie green, Player-in-smacc-land, David Thorneycroft, Phil C, peter simons, Cameron, Rob Gillies, Rach, Steve Sherman, Ben, Justin Wilkinson, Will Kemp, glen, jenny wood, Edd Fawcett, JoJo, Matt Eagles, Josh Rajendran, Les Smith, Lucinda, b arnold, Jon, A Startin, andy norris, Bethany, steven nash, Fatboy Laidlaw, Mike Grant, andy polhil, harry, andy scott, Annie, Claire Oxenham, NaCl, Jenna, martin kinsella, nick hayes, Dan, Sarah Graham, lynda, John Higham, James, becky A, gary barton, mutt, andrew norris, stephen ainsworth, Ann Barnes, CJ, cat, Angela Brown, Paul, hopp, Jayne, jember, ema mason, katie look, JIM GENDERS, stephenbarsted, Bob, Liz Farmer, Philippa, cooke, Gary Duffield, Ralph McGaul, Darren Parkinson, BRIAN H BOOTH, jonny bower, Totzytwat, Dave Healey, Dave H, Michael Deery, Brian Fisher, john, Mat, emma, Gavin Crookshanks, LCAROLYEAH, phoenix, Billy Foster, Polly, generic, Andrei Laidlovski, rio, Sarah, FatBoy, Andy Till, andy, Garf, gary, Maccite Scum, Ray, baz, vermin, Dave Smith, Davey, Hannah Lee, Gawsworth Hall, Dave Newman, jeff, Gus Paton, "scrag", Steve
Last updated: 2015-07-28
More stuff about Macclesfield
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Macclesfield Knowhere Board