Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Maidenhead, Berkshire*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Maidenhead.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Well, he's not famous now! If you remember a children's tv series around 1979 called Dick Turpin (played by Richard O'Sullivan from Man About the House and Robin's Nest fame), the guy who played his partner in crime, Swiftnick, was called Michael Deeks, and he was rumoured to be from Maidenhead. Wonder where he is now, what he's doing, and how old he is?! Does he still have as much blonde, curly hair as he had then?
- ROLF HARRIS! - Bray
Terry Wogan - Taplow
Ulrika Johnson - Cookham
Carol Vorderman! - Cookham
Ok, so these people dont actually live IN maidenhead but these villages are practically maidenhead
- Rolf Harris, Spice girls used to live here for a while, Craig David in holyport, Ulrika..., Lorraine Kelly, Carol Voderman
- Rolf Harris, Kate Garroway off GMTV, Carol Voderman and Jimmy Mallet.
- Rolf Harris lives nearby
- REKA, Chapter 3, DogTown Rhythm, Ernie Wise,
- Mr Dennison formaly Bobby Harrison, past drummer of Procol Harum.
- rolf harris
- howard jones lives there
- anyone remember chainey
- no Maidenhead residents, really. Terry Wogan used to live in Bray. Rolf Harris was rumoured to live on the same estate, and he's been known to do school events in the town. Cookham (a bit outside maidenhead) residents include Ulrika Jonssen, Timmy Mallet and Carol Vorderman.
- The bloke who plays Sam in Night and Day,ITV.
Ali Bastian- Becka in Hollyoaks
The bird who plays Lisa in Enders went to the theatre school there along with The Spice Girls.
- The drummer from Supergrass. Kid Galahad. Nick Hornby. John O'Farrel ect A lot of famous people have moved into Maidenhead in order to live by the River. Famous people born here got out as soon as possible.
- Humourous cult "Gothic-Fairground" band PWURG hailed from Maidenhead - the greatest band of all time never to have achieved world domination. See: http://www.esoteria.com
- Freddie Star - great!
- Jack Bowhawk
Carol Vorderman (nearby in Pinkneys Green)
And a Jim'll Fix it Look alike Known to veterans as MEDALLION MAN!
- Michael Parkinson, Terry Wogan, Tim Brooke-Taylor, Rolf Harris, Queen Liz (In nearby Windsor), Vince the Skateboarding Skinhead, Matt the Manic Depressive, and Vincent Price (lookalike).
- There are so many celebs that live locally, Rolfy, Mike Parkinson (what a nice man!), Carol '2+2=4' Vorderman, and many others. Some stars even travel from far away to visit us. Jimmy Corkhill from Brookie was spotted checking out the town centre a few weeks ago.
- Rolf 'Can you guess what it is yet' Harris lives here, along with Carol 'If I was only ten years older, you'd be mine' Vorderman.
- Too many to name, all living in or around the town, Timmy 'the tosser' Mallet being one and Ulrika Jonsson (lovely girl!) another.
- Supposedly Gaz from supergrass is an ex-Maidonian. I have personally sold groceries to Ulrika-ka-ka-ka-ka, Tim Brook-Taylor, Chris Rea and...gasp ... TIMMY MALLET (okay okay, so they all live in Cookham, but it's near enough.)
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Sid Barker, jill, David Horton, Jon Barber, julia, Lloyd Ramsay, patrina lester, Fernando, Vincent, Salsa, Phil Rennie, Vicky Sworn, Jeff Shine, Damian Cooper, Lon Coley, Ariadne Web Design, Tamara Mursell, zoe, Jake!!, emily, dave, Jess, Nicola, tony wheeler, Eto Demerzel, John Woffinden, Barnaby, Paul Williams, HB, Hayley Davies, steve, Katherine Belcher, Nick, linus, Steven Smith, rhiannon baker, Ed W, james b, ben sullivan, Jules, Amy, Annalise, malcolm, chris, paul kilford, damon torsten, Fiona Merrick, matt higgins, gez, Jennie, camilla horwood, xcoerw, Henry, Dan Morton, Pauline Middleton, kilford, wellcoolbuds, ian lake, Leah Sherwood, kate foreman, daniel reeves, Paul Baker, robert porter, rosie severino, generic, Andrea S....., sharon, DONNA, Sam, Jordan, David Cook, Emma Hare, Sarah, ADAM WEBB, saz, jade, Callum, Bud Gruner, John Smiths, Tim, Ibz, sandy, bob, Colm Murphy, Andy, fanny, Andy Lamb
Last updated: 2008-04-24
More stuff about Maidenhead
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Maidenhead Knowhere Board