Computer and Games Shops in Manchester, Greater Manchester*
Good places to get hardware and software
You can tell us more about Manchester.
Computer and Games Shops
- Lots of branches of Game and Gamestation all over the place. No real indie retailers nowadays.
- Gamestation in the Arndale.
- All computer in wythy are rubbish what a rip off i wanted a basic machine 2nd hand they wanted 90 quid went to altrincham shop called milennium micro and got the same model for £20 they even gave me a free keyboard and mouse if that aint top dollar i dont know what is .
- games zone
- What a load of baloney. Of course this shop takes back faulty goods after one day. They have to by law (and they do) was it that you damaged the item? Why did you purchase if you think they are over priced. I shop at All Computers and find that returns are dealt with really well. Of course if an imboseal damages something because they haven't a clue what they're doing obviously no shop would refund. I find the staff really friendly and there is a reason why the place is always busy. (because its cheap and good quality)The only reason I can think that someone would bad mouth it is because either they are Ex staff (jealous) or someone bitter that couldn't bully them into exchanging some thing customer-damaged. If you haven't been, don't listen to anything off this site, just try it and make your own mind up. I'm sure 99% of their customers would only have good things to say about them
- Game, gamestation
- DONT GET ME STARTED WITH THE AMOUNT OF HEADACHE I GOT FROM THAT ALL COMPUTERS THERE SERVICE IS THE WORST I HAVE COME ACROSS THEY NEVER PICK THE PHONE UP AND THERE PRODUCTS ARE WELL OVER PRICED COMPARED WITH OTHERS IN THE GAME, TRY GET A REFUND DONT EVEN ASK YOU AINT GOING TO GET EVEN WHEN THE PRODUCT IS FAULTY AFTER 1 DAY 1 DAY!!!
- WE WENT TO ALL COMPUTERS IN WYTHENSHAWE TO HAVE OUR PRINTER LOOKED AT, AND WAS DUN IN LIKE 10 MINS. THEN FOUND OUT THAT THE INKS WERE LIKE £3. WAS BUZZIN USUALLY PAY BOUT £15 EVERY WERE ELSE. SHOULD GIVE IT A TRY REALLY GOOD SERVICE AND VERY FRIENDLY
- Great news!!!! Millennium Micros who were in manchester opposite the train station are now in Altrincham there just as you turn from the bus station. They are really cheap and service is fantastic i went in there buying a laptop as i explained to a lady there that my old laptop is a gonna she told me to bring it in as there laptop engineer would recover my data as it was my course work was all on it. I took it in and the guy there bloddy fixed it still working like a dream plus he did it in a day, i totally recommend anyone to go there 100%
- game station, game and cex forbidden planet have some cheap games too
- Been to many computer places in town, all computers is one of them cheap looking corner shops went down there would not give them the time of day and in wythenshawe oh my word that says it all, micro direct are cheap i agree there customer service is terrible but ok stuff, with dell machines when my pc was slow i went to direct for memory upgrade and i could only get it from dell its not compatable anywhere else cost me a fortune i wont by one of there machines again any spares or upgrades has to be bought from them its a con.
- MICRO DIRECT WHAT A LOAD OF CHEEK THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE, KEEP YOU ON HOLD FOR AGES WHEN YOU GET THROUGH THEY DONT WANNA KNOW.
- All Computers is better than at least 3 of the computer shops talked about on this site. I have never been to the other shop. All Computers is well worth the drive if you don't live in Wythenshawe. Easy to find and everything about it is cool. Any one who hasn't been should take a visit. Bargain, quality, good friendly service with a smile.
- There is a great computer shop in Wythenshawe, South Manchester. Its called All Computers. Everything is dead cheap. I bought a tower from there really nice one. They have about 50 on show for less than £30 to choose from. I bought some inks for my printer and they cost me less than £2 per pair.
- Millennium Micros is a great computer retailer, they were in picadilly but the building was demolished by the damn council, they were well cheap and fixed 2 of my laptops. The guy who fixed them a guy called mike he new his computer stuff not like these other places you go and the enginers dont have a clue and he would always give me discount places like this a hard to come by nowadays and this is a big loss to manchester im totally gutted as far as im aware they should be moving to altrincham i hope so!!!!
- Best overall service is from Millennium Micros in Piccadilly. They wont take a non faulty return after 7 days, but they were well helpful,and instaled my cpu for free. Pretty cheap too. Microdirect and Planet Micro are slightly cheaper-but they offer 'no frills' service which can be a nightmare if you aint a pro.
- For the best prices either Microdirect on Upper Brook Street or SpotOn Computers near Cheetham Hill. Avoid Millenium Micros near Piccadilly Station - had loads of trouble taking something back one time.
- Some on Oldham St and in the arndale game, EB etc
- Gamestation in the Arndale [near BHS] is often worth a look for second hand computer games. Forbidden Planet's now roughly the only place for RP stuff, apart from a few select places in the Coliseum and Afflecks. (There's one shop in the Coli with Japanese Kanji/Katakana/gobbledygook for a sign that sells lots of anime and Hentai stuff)
- GAME in arndale and Sony in arndale
- There's a games workshop, but we don't go there.
- The best shop for rpg's and sci fi fantasy stuff is Area 51 in the colosium probablly the only one as well
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: email@example.com, Carol Butterworth, laura, Kim Lloyd, Dookie (manchester born n' bred), Stu, rherye, sara allen, Geoff, jolan, Martin Evans, tone, M Harrison, richkid, burnageheritage, Joe Dobiecki-Davies, ermmmm, Tony Goodall, Tony Crowley, cagga, D, James Cook, Dave, preyesh oza, clint rebson, Tom, Leon, pink rabbit, Ottilia, nashi, robyn, Jackie, Monica Boland, Aimi, DJ Miguel, Pete, phil nevel, hannah, LIAM WHITE, Katie Potatie, dee, sara, david kan, John Risby, sarah, Pharme112, Olly, claire stonier, rachel, felix, Alfrid Davis, Martin, BEN, nick, vern foukecey, BOSH, True northerner, mouse, Kev, Peter, Fergus Tobin, Ian Guthrie, jerome, Tristan, dave coyne, Mike, Alisha, jean, john boley, jjohnson, sally, TED, Gerry, bobbobadobob, dez the onion, james moore, Alex, Robert Memory, dean taylor, matty lavin, Graham Ball, Frances O'Rourke, asdfjk, mike walker, DoOkS!, Frank, Evie, CHRIS, Lauren, juan maria carlos blanco, Luke Elwick, Calum Barrow, Ste, mark bell, Andy, Lyds, paul, aleks, Ting, ema, Matthew Woodhouse, Ben Rossington, Lisa Mc Hugh, Simon Shone, cinderella, mark, Anton Allen, dense, Brian Johnson, Matt, Robert MacRae, melanie, jon sutton, lisa noone, Stephen Hoang, Lol, debs, R.Stafford, Kelly Keenan, Kat Cooke, Marc Mills, James, matthew drinkwater, Aimee Stephens, siobhan, LoLLi, emily, Me, James 'Dr.' Walsh, Phil R, ceri, beard, Jay Arnold, Elaine, susie, Onion, gwen, krister, patrick o'dea, jamie, inquiziter, James Jepson, Phil, justin, Phil howes, Sharples, daniel, Bob, Heather, Lorraine prince, Steb, Emmy, Kev Stronach, Tony D, Tony, Jane, Jay, Roy, dougie wainwright, Pinky, bert, jo - southern wuss - coffey, triplesod, Pete Long, mike hindley, Chris Butler, Ellie, rick lewis, Lynn Burch, robert haro, Bill, Luke, john, Lauren Whitehead, Milly McNeany, steve jones(jonah), chu mi, Jonathan Charles, sam, generic, James Walsh, MEL, jamie doherty, Richy Rich, Rio, Dave Fish, Lindsey, fiona, Taavi Tillmann, Black Sheep Store, daf, Adam, Adrian Adamson, XmikemossX, Paul Gwyther, Stephanie, Doj, Silverback, ian richens, lisa, groover, KAT, bleh, dave davis, Dennis Nadin, rye, Gareth Davies, Matt MATT, The Studiosound, Dan Grriliopoulos, Steve
Last updated: 2010-01-27
More stuff about Manchester
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Manchester Knowhere Board