The Best Things in Margate, Kent*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Margate.
The Best Things
- Night life, hidden street racing scene and some other little things
- you, me, i,us.
- easy to travel out of it
- It's not the Isle Of Sheppey.
- Having been born in Margate, it has been a part of me all my life. I grew up in Broadstairs and went to school for a while in Ramsgate.
Now I live in Canada, and even though I enjoy living here I miss Thanet a lot.
Many people like to run it down, but until you move away you begin to realise that its just like any other place in the world.
Every city or town in the world has their mixture of strange people and drunk losers staggering down the street at 2am after just throwing up in the gutter and singing at the top of their lungs.
Believe me it really isn't a bad place to live!
What I miss about thanet is the night life, no one is afraid to go out and have fun, let their hair down at the end of the week and get absolutely rat-arsed(my self being one of them.
Also I miss the people, being such a small place, you can go out and see people you know and who are familiar to you. and also you can walk down the street and say hello to a complete stranger and they will respond instead of looking at you as though you have just crawled from beneath a rock.
I'm sure I am not the only one who has moved away thinking that the grass is greener on the other side only to realise its not, its sometimes browner and deader.
So I guess, all Im ranting on about is, don't complain about the place and enjoy what you've got, It could be a whole lot worse!
- Hey sorry, you probably won't use my pissant comments, cause I've got nothing but one observation (yawn) Frank Thorley ain;t the anti-christ, he unfortunatly gives people what they want, oh dear, how trite. I worked for Thorley for eight years before I actually realised there was life outside Thanet, and moved to America. Thorley is not corporate bullshit, we hold the market for that over here, He has a business, he makes money, thats economy. He;s a good man, thats rare.
- Anyone who isn't a chav is usually alright, and there is many a pub.
- mario citro has a bald head and a big nose
- When i never new any better.....
- Dirt-cheap roomy housing.
- the beach, my mum, and knowing that your better than everyone that lives in this depressing place... great feeling
- ever thing is so close and its easy to get to canterbury. every where is close to shops and great place to come to in the summer time. loads of events and stuff.
- CLOSING YOUR FRONT DOOR -DRUNK LONDONERS IN KISS ME QUICK HATS
- the beach
- At least two unlicensed chemists in every street, with cheap Deals.
Easy lay, day in day out by just walking around with a bottle of White Lightning under your arm.
Pub on virtually every Ramsgate corner, try crawling this town in a week-end bender,
Easy mugging targets in Summer by way of ignorant students who always wear something that points them out.
Extended Hours drinking all over the gaff.
Very, very easy to come by Duty Free goods at the cheapest prices off the boat. the Ramsgate Casuals, Margate Casuals, and the Broadstairs Posse as errand boys, but have the necessary rep before acquiring their services - They`re wired into the place and all it`s fruits.
There is always a party somewhere.
Easy as 1 2 3 to find cheap accommodation if you`re on the dole, change your address week in week out - Very handy for catalogue purchases, and meet a new chemist at each of them.
The Wino`s on the benches - better than any tourist information centre - They know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING and EVERYONE - Just give them a two quid bottle of sherry and their knowledge will be yours.
- The A249 goes (k)nowhere near Margate - but the A299 takes you away and onto anywhere else!
- Nightlife, good on you Frank
- er... there arent any
- The beaches
- The summers by the sea, foreign student girls and day trippers
- Easy driving. Clean air, clean rain. Margate Football Club.
Miles of coast either side of Margate and countryside just inland.
All the new roads, great improvemrnts to the M2 and M20 and excellent road signs of all types. Virtually no traffic police outside town. No speed cameras outside town and only a couple inside. No speed humps etc. Dreamland (just for wndering around and watching..free)
- nIGHT LIFE
- Dreamland Funpark - the rollercoasters slightly dodgy though but good for a laugh.
- and the new tunnel in ramsgate board through it man! bit smelly though
the millions of kebab and indian food joints
- Nice sunsets - beach
Punch And Judy
new BAnd Retonin
- Newington being crushed
- beach and spanish students
- The train station is an easy exit from this town.
- Wicked Hair dressers - HeadTurners.
- The A249 leading out of Margate.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: sophie, nat, papagena, mac the lad, james, GEMMA SILK, Suzannah Foad, Jim, Paul Bush, bobsyouruncle, jon, Abigail Coverdale, Emma, jake timberwolf, inkeepingsecrets, dave, Chris Arnold, Richard P, lucy, Pete Feenstra, Lisa&Shannon, CK, Eurostar, dj centric, cathy cromack, zoe spencer, Choices, Charlie, Richard, Matt Ball, trixy, thule, Alex Brett, briton53, Andy Caretr, Anthony Cox, Dominic Marks, caradowning, DJ DARKR, StealthAssasin, Sturry Studio B, helen, Darren, Paul Green, alison cann, Imaginary Dave, olly k, mike, Doris, Debi Johnson, John carter, big D, me, Peter Checksfield, John Stott, Jock, generic, Jamie, sharon, John Maddams, G, olly, Cheese & Crackers, chris bath, Dan Young, deer_dance, jimmy, Fife, Phil Mcrackin, David C, Chimp, julie clifton, danielle, Dave frodsham, Ed, neil B, martin macdonald, Jessica, claire g, Mark Lett
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Margate
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Margate Knowhere Board