Cinemas in Margate, Kent*
Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Margate.
- Margate, as usual, was shut down, probably Westgate carlton
- Dreamland cinema stinks of piss
- The Carlton in Westgate is the best cinema in Margate. It has full Dolby and EAX too! There are 3 screens, Main, Century and Bijou. All the latest films are showns as well as some off beat stuff in the bijou screen
- The only cinema is Dreamland, so you're probably better off waiting for it to come out on Video
- mario citro has a bald head
- Carlton, in westgate is a rip off, dreamland on margate seafront is ok. Bugsies in cliftonville is good i think, although the people that work there are so stessed out.
- theres a quazar olong the sea front but its not that good, and there is a cinema as well along margate sea front but thats not too good either. in margate, ramsgate and broadstairs there is a cinema so there is alsways some where to go to watch a film.
- carlton at westgate or dreamland at margate,carlton prob better
- dreamland cinema margate has got better honestly!
carlton westgate is still the best but its prices tell you so!
granville in margate is ok but i would moistly recomend carlton
- Carlton cinema rules
- dreamland aint bad but a bit smelly
- Dreamland on the front, Carlton - Westgate are the only local ones. Ten Pin Bowling at Bugsy's at Cliftonville and AMF next to Gateway stores in the College shopping complex. Quazar at Mr B's on the Front
- Dreamland Cinema has 2 screens showing most recent realeases. This cinema is a bit dated now and needs to be refurbished!
The Westgate Carlton Cinema was refurbished recently and now has 3 screens showing all the latest releases.
There are plans to open a multiplex cinema in Westwood which should be good.
- carlton in wesgate blinding!
ramsgates pidly cinema still kicks ass though!
- Windsor Cinema in broadstairs is the place to go as it is quiet and cosy and it shows the films most cinemas don't bother. For more details check out www.thanetfilm.co.uk
- windsor in broadstairs
- Dreamland is not bad, but the best is West Gate ( carlton ) and the "flea pit" in Broadstairs (Windsor Cinema) is not bad.
- The Carlton cinema in Westgate has been refurbished and enlarged and now has three screens. The two new screens are a bit like flight simulators but they play some decent stuff that doesn't usually come this far to the end of the world.
- Carlton - Best Cinema
- Dreamland. It is shit. It's overpriced and has crap air condioning.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: sophie, nat, papagena, mac the lad, james, GEMMA SILK, Suzannah Foad, Jim, Paul Bush, bobsyouruncle, jon, Abigail Coverdale, Emma, jake timberwolf, inkeepingsecrets, dave, Chris Arnold, Richard P, lucy, Pete Feenstra, Lisa&Shannon, CK, Eurostar, dj centric, cathy cromack, zoe spencer, Choices, Charlie, Richard, Matt Ball, trixy, thule, Alex Brett, briton53, Andy Caretr, Anthony Cox, Dominic Marks, caradowning, DJ DARKR, StealthAssasin, Sturry Studio B, helen, Darren, Paul Green, alison cann, Imaginary Dave, olly k, mike, Doris, Debi Johnson, John carter, big D, me, Peter Checksfield, John Stott, Jock, generic, Jamie, sharon, John Maddams, G, olly, Cheese & Crackers, chris bath, Dan Young, deer_dance, jimmy, Fife, Phil Mcrackin, David C, Chimp, julie clifton, danielle, Dave frodsham, Ed, neil B, martin macdonald, Jessica, claire g, Mark Lett
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Margate
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Margate Knowhere Board