Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Margate, Kent*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Margate.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Margate is what i would say the night life of Kent! not just because of the night clubs and great pubs, but because all the girls are so easy! they all slags and carry knifes for protection, they have to around margate! the men in this town are all hardened margate lifers, dont mess! you will get served!
- BAR 26 along the sea front. Open til 2am Mon-Sat.Dj Wed-Sun nights. Cheap drink. what more could u ask for?????
- That club caprice is quite good actually the music is not bad maybe friday and saturday could be sorted out but in the week they have 3 different guys doing DJing there 1 of them is not bad even though he dances around likes hes on something lmao and the other guy who does wednesdays there sure knows his club music. i really enjoyed it wednesday, have to give it a go again, didn't leave there till 3 or 4!!! that was a good night for a wednesday, no more punch and judy for me!
- the Lovely Lido, Qubar Margate, Westgate pavillion,top venue and super cheap dinks. i once bought a round of drinks for seven people and it came to £11.20.Result.Broadstairs seafront The Rose is Fab.The Caprice,cliftonville, weird club and if you don't have the correct foot wear to gain entry,they will lend you a pair of deadmans shoes! and the only place in town open 24 hours
- Escape and La Galleria at your peril I say. As it seems Margate, Ramsgate and Broadstairs have merged as no towns have merged before and is now technically one place, go to Havanas in Ramsgate, but I havent seen it open for a bit though..
- thanet & kents music scene is a joke! margate has escape which to me is a great venue but lacks good dj's and mc's.clubs & pubs in kent are for drinkers not ravers! when will kents clubs realise that drum & bass is a music form and that people want to go out and dance to the music.is there any club out there in thanet willing to give drum & bass a weekly spot in there club?
- Female patrons are renowned for attending clubs in dresses slightly smaller than hankies, in December, in a blizzard, and have bare legs that look like smacked Spam.
- Back in May 2003 Franks re-opened it,s doors after 2 years of being closed, At first i belive it still had the stigma of being full of 50 year old clubbers trying to relive there youth........This could not be further from the truth. It is mainly over 21s and they have a zero tolarance approach to everything ! This makes it a more enjoyable night for everyone. The doorstaff dont have attitude, They are really helpful ! The barstaff are always smiling and look as though they really love working there. The customers are a real mix but this is easily the best club in the area (and safest) !
- I THINK (CLUB ESCAPE) IS DOING WELL FOR ITS SELF,,BUT THE VIBE IN THERE IS SO SHIT. WHEN WILL THEY LET THE LOCAL DJS STEP UP & GIVE THE CROWD WHAT THEY REALLY WANT ,,(DAVE COURTENY )WILL EVEN TELL U ,,DA CROWD WANT 2 HEAR THE LOCAL DRUM N BASS DJS. THERE ARE OVER 80 DRUM N BASS DJS IN THANET AND NONE OF THEM ARE WORKING FOR (CLUB ESCAPE),, THE CLUB HAS THE MOST BORING DJS I HAVE EVER HEARD SUCH AS( MATT T- FLEX-ALEX STEVENS-) THE PEOPLE WHO ATTEND AINT EVEN CLUBBERS THERE ARE MAINSTREAM PEOPLE-THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER BEEN 2 A PROPER RAVE LIKE ONE NATION,, WORLD DANCE,,HEAT,,BREAKOLOGY,, TRUST ME THE (CLUB ESCAPE) ONLY CARES ABOUT TAKING MONEY FROM THE FOOLS WHO ATTEND THEY DONT WANT 2 KNOW ABOUT THE MUSIC. DRUM N BASS NIGHTS WOULD PUT A WHOLE NEW LIGHT ON THE CLUB BUT I THINK IT WIL STAY THE SAME OLD DJS,, THE DJS ARE GETTING OLD THE DJS CANT MIX AND THE CLUB WILL TRY TO PULL OFF SOME STUNT EVERY NOW & THEN LIKE THEY WILL BOOK A COUPLE OF WELL KNOW GARAGE DJS OR MCS THUR AN AGENCY AND PUT OUT LOADS OF FLYERS AND TRY 2 MAKE A PROFIT WELL COME ON ESCAPE GET RID OF THAT POP STUFF AND GET DA DRUM N BASS NIGHTS ROLLING A LOT MORE PEOPLE WOULD GO THERE TRUST EVERY OTHER 18 TO 24 YEAR OLD LIKES D,N,B,, DJ DARKR
- theres pretty much only one really, thats escape and i'd say one in about ten people who go there are older looking...
- Escape Nightclub is now open after much anticipation. Oh if only JUICY TUNES and DELICIOUS were still ramming it off in there, they played heavenly garage but now its gone all chartfully cheesey, but hey it still looks great, same crowds I guess. Venue re-opened on Thursday 5th Dec. Make a visit, worth a try. (Come back Mr.DJ's !!)
- frank thorley owns so many pubs and for those of you that are dissing him, just remeber its down to you and your friends that go into his pubs, that has made his pubs so popular, and dont even say none of your friends go in them coz if u are really being honest u must be a complete loner!
- no alternative music clubs ,shitty handbag in abundance at local fleapit ESCAPE
- JUST TO LET EVERYINE IN THANET KNOW THERE IS A MUCH BETTER LIFE OUTSIDE OF MARGATE, SOME OF YOU SHOULD TRY IT SOMETIME. THEN YOU'LL REALISE WHAT YOU'VE BEEN MISSING AND YOU'LL NEVER WANT TO GO OUT IN THANET AGAIN. MY ADVICE TO YOU IS GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN, START RUNNING AND DON'T LOOK BACK BECAUSE THERE IS A WORLD OUT THERE THAT WILL AMUSE AND AMAZE AND ALL OF YOU CONTENT WITH GOING TO THE SAME OLD CRUDDY CLUB WEEK IN WEEK OUT - GET A LIFE AND START LIVING IT!!!
- punch and judy is ok. at least us oldies dont feel bad in there
- ESCAPE! possibly the greatest club in the south east, with three floors and residents such as MC Creed and the Ministrys Tee Smith, along side the guests such as The Dreem Teem, PSG, Juicy Tunes and soon to come MS Dynamite how can you go wrong
- If you older than the "Margate Teenybopper", then your only escape would have to be the 'Punch and Judy' as strict doormen, or the basement of 'Escape', Where the clubbers are up for a good tune and dance.
- Escape is a (safe) bet for the "youthful" clubber. Hey...we even see our teachers in here some nites! Ruins the palces credibility!!!!
- There are 4 clubs in margate,
Esc: the 'younger' persons nightspot! Uptairs mainly plays comercial house, downstairs is more alternative and has a relaxed feel, with a chill out area and sometimes podium dancers. Open fri and sat.
Punch and Judy: next door to esc, both are 2 mins walk from the station. This is really a pub club so it has normall licensing hours except on Wed when is open till 1, this is usually a busy night with kareoke till 12, and on fri and sat its open till 2.
Franks: the older generations nightspot, except on thurs when due to the pound a pint pound a shot all night deall it gets a very mixed crowd. The music is everything from comercial on thurs and fri to a more party atmosphere on sat (love shack grease mega mix etc). Near to bus stops and Mr chips (an excelent kebab shop)about 3 mins walk or 10 mins stagger away. just ask for directions.
The caprice: DONT DO IT TO YOURSELF PLEASE!!!!
- ESCAPE on Margate sea front is quite good for a laugh and is cheap to get in.
Punch and Judy is the place to be before going nextdoor to ESCAPE.
- Definitly escape on the seafront it's just had a £500,000 refit and is looking in top shape for the future
- Two chimneys social club always good for a rave
- Escape and the Punch and Judy are kind of known for their attitude. If you want more of a free for all party go to the Royal
- punch & crummy + ESC on the sea-front
Thorely jobby's stay away!
the royal in ramsgate aint to bad
- most of thorleys taverns...
i think he is trying to take over thanet!
many many remarkably young patrons!
- Buzz ( escape ) Lame boring and dull, Thorley has clearly obtained a monopoly and there sod all that we can do !
- buzz is now called the escape bar
- The club called Buzz on Margate sea front is being refurbished and enlarged right now and is going to be an absolutely amazing place with three millenium themed levels and a new name. Anyone in Kent with a pulse will be there on opening night. Watch out for it!
- There is a club called Buzz in Margate. Its not bad, two floors. Upstairs on Saturdays there is Dance, downstairs more House type stuff. Entry price not too bad. Right next to a pub called the Punch and Judy which means you can walk straight into a club from a pub.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: sophie, nat, papagena, mac the lad, james, GEMMA SILK, Suzannah Foad, Jim, Paul Bush, bobsyouruncle, jon, Abigail Coverdale, Emma, jake timberwolf, inkeepingsecrets, dave, Chris Arnold, Richard P, lucy, Pete Feenstra, Lisa&Shannon, CK, Eurostar, dj centric, cathy cromack, zoe spencer, Choices, Charlie, Richard, Matt Ball, trixy, thule, Alex Brett, briton53, Andy Caretr, Anthony Cox, Dominic Marks, caradowning, DJ DARKR, StealthAssasin, Sturry Studio B, helen, Darren, Paul Green, alison cann, Imaginary Dave, olly k, mike, Doris, Debi Johnson, John carter, big D, me, Peter Checksfield, John Stott, Jock, generic, Jamie, sharon, John Maddams, G, olly, Cheese & Crackers, chris bath, Dan Young, deer_dance, jimmy, Fife, Phil Mcrackin, David C, Chimp, julie clifton, danielle, Dave frodsham, Ed, neil B, martin macdonald, Jessica, claire g, Mark Lett
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Margate
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Margate Knowhere Board