Pubs in Margate, Kent*
The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Margate.
- flag and whistle,Margate. check out the new landlady
- My favs are The Waverly and I spose the Mechanical Elephant is ok.
- there is no longer a louisa bay in broadstairs it is now flats no longer a beefeater in clifftonville its now the hungry horse and the boston rock is replaced with the galleria a nightclub and restaurant which is quite nice.
- ALL THORLEY TAVERNS!!!
- The Lido Cliff bar is shitty . . . but has plenty of 'young patrons'. The music is shite but its still a place to hang out and get pissed up.
- mario citro has a bald head and a big nose
- if you like trouble and fresh faced knobs then try a thorley tavern or even escape night club if you dont get glassed before you get up the stairs by one of the friendly locals all for a £5 and kicked out because of the trouble you< caused, nothing to do with 7-8 of there local knobs in there every week keeping up the mortgage on Mr Thorleys gaff..!!
- The Westbrook Club, Rancorn rd
- thanet has the worst pubs in the world, no bars just grotty old pubs. Thank god i moved to a city or else id still be thinking that this was normal night life. But if you have to go somewhere go to yates in margate, and cramptons in broadstairs.
- punch & judy, buzz-now escape not too bad lots of tarty footballers especailly on a sat night. the dolphin in broadstairs isnt too bad. all the pubs full of underage drinkers but whats wrong with that?
- THE BEACH HOTEL AT WESTGATE .DHSS FORMS AVAILABLE FROM BEHIND THE BAR
- the rose in ramsgate is good for us 6th formers who wanna get wrecked before english lit.
- Thorley taverns!!!!
- PUBS ARE THE PAST AND BARS ARE THE FUTURE. SOMEONE NEEDS TO KICK MARGATE INTO THE 21TH CENTURY!
- THE PUNCH AND JUDY IS A SHIT HOLE IT IS A PUB YOU HAVE TO PAY TO GET IN TO . WHAT THE FUCK, IT'S NOT EVEN CLUB, IT HAS BAD ATTITUDES THE BOUNCERS ARE VISCIOUS AND THERE IS NO GOOD THING ABOUT THE PUNCH APART FROM THE FACT EVERYONE GOES THERE OUT OF HABIT
- NEw.."Yates" in Cecil Square and "Wetherspoons" on front.
- uNDER AGE TEESSER
- Punch and Judy on the sea front is good. Friday and Saturday nights it is raided by the clubbers who go on to ESCAPE.
Yates's (winebar) has just opened up in the town centre and has a good atmosphere and serves food during the day.
- CRAMPTONS is great check out olly behind the bar he's a top geezer and don't go to Yates, full of people who are barred from every where else
- I would like to say that the pubs in Margate need to attract more people that are 18-30 years old cos none of them play any decent music.
- Louisa Bay, great pub frequented by most of thanet college during term-time (but the fire isn't real)
- racing greyhoud in ramsgate & the royal
- Victoria PH on the traffic lights Ramsgate Rd(not a Frank Thorley)2 miserable bar stewards Pete & Mick, warm beer,darts, shove penny & plenty of wierd locals.
- Go to Cramptons it has top bar staff and is run by the honourable Frank Thorley and there is quite a good atmosphere with no kids or under agers.... check out the fit bar man with the sideburns...
- Louisa bay is full of under agers with FAT ERIC as well as Big Steve, Gay Alexx and the augly barmaid
- any Thorleys venue!
almost all r pretty fresh faced!
- In Broadstair s there are lot's of pubs. If you like clearly under age girls then the Louisa Bay is for you ( getting raided by the police ! Regulary!), also watch your change as "fat" Eric has a tendancy to not be able to count. The Bradstow Mill is a top pub ( shame about Frank "the lets bleed poor people dry" Thorley has such a clear grip on most of the pubs.
- The Boston Rock Has Now Closed Down
I think that the Punch and Judy is too loud, and like all Thorley taverns hte same as the rest, go to one................then you have been to them all(boring)
- The Punch and Judy.
- Beefeater Inn, Cliftonville. Top Manageress called Elli. Hands off, She's mine.
- Boston Rock. Over 20's. Opened on 2nd July. Open wed-sun. Now because everything is over priced it only opens wed, fri and saturdays.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: sophie, nat, papagena, mac the lad, james, GEMMA SILK, Suzannah Foad, Jim, Paul Bush, bobsyouruncle, jon, Abigail Coverdale, Emma, jake timberwolf, inkeepingsecrets, dave, Chris Arnold, Richard P, lucy, Pete Feenstra, Lisa&Shannon, CK, Eurostar, dj centric, cathy cromack, zoe spencer, Choices, Charlie, Richard, Matt Ball, trixy, thule, Alex Brett, briton53, Andy Caretr, Anthony Cox, Dominic Marks, caradowning, DJ DARKR, StealthAssasin, Sturry Studio B, helen, Darren, Paul Green, alison cann, Imaginary Dave, olly k, mike, Doris, Debi Johnson, John carter, big D, me, Peter Checksfield, John Stott, Jock, generic, Jamie, sharon, John Maddams, G, olly, Cheese & Crackers, chris bath, Dan Young, deer_dance, jimmy, Fife, Phil Mcrackin, David C, Chimp, julie clifton, danielle, Dave frodsham, Ed, neil B, martin macdonald, Jessica, claire g, Mark Lett
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Margate
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Margate Knowhere Board