The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Margate, Kent*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Margate.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Why do you call Margate a citylike town when it's the smallest town I have ever been to
- THE MARGATE MUSIC COOPERATIVE IS A NEW AND INNOVATIVE PROJECT FOR MUSIC AND MEDIA.
A PLACE TO TEACH, LEARN, TUTOR, PRACTICE, REHEARSE, RECORD, COMPOSE, PRODUCE, DANCE, EXERCISE, MEDITATE....ALL UNDER ONE ROOF, WITH AFFORDABLE ACCESS FOR ALL.
WE'RE A NEW COMPANY FORMED FROM SEVERAL SMALLER COMPANIES WITH A COMMON GOAL: TO RAISE FUNDS TO PROVIDE AN ESTABLISHMENT FOR THE MARGATE MUSIC COOPERATIVE!
Pleae take a few minutes to visit our website: www.margatemusiccooperative.co.uk to find out more about us and what we're doing!
- come to Thanet you will love it!
- If you have a whale-tail spoiler, ultraviolet lights under your car chassis, a car sound system that rivals the big UFO in Close Encounters, and a burberry cap, then driving up and down Marine Parade is the place for you!
- Hello, I am a local Historian for Maragte and was kinda hoping you could put my name on your site for people who wish to contact me for information on the Local and Family history???
- If you walk the streets late at night (not that I do mind (-: ) you will get egged and started on almost everytime. Avoid Railway stations and bus shelters after about 12:00
- not as bad as you'd think the locals have a vicious charm,and there are a disproportinate ammount of chavs,but most of them are too monged out to be much bother.
- mario citro has a bald head and a big nose
- Terrible look properly at the schools ofsted reports before goin to any area.
- If you hated the louisa bay take pride in knowing that one night me and my mate went in there, were disgusted by all the blatently underaged chavs being served, so decided to give the old bill a call and inform them of this outrage. A few weeks later, added bouncers and police raids soon put the pub out of business and it has now closed down. Although it was nice in the summer outside, it was getting to trendy, so it had to go.
- S.P FOR SMACK IN RAMSGATE GROUCH'S SHIT 10 POUND JOEY'S
- Concerning the Margate Shell Grotto...I am an American who visited Margate 2 years ago and was quite mystified by the fact that so little is known about the place. Or is that just so much chin music? 18th century private shell garden or ancient underground temple? Is there a real mystery here or is it a fabricated mystery designed to seperate we tourists from our money? Ancient or not the Margate Shell Grotto is a most interesting site if for no other reason than to marvel at the complex workmanship. It really is amazing but sorely lacks in presentation. Harsh fluorescent lighting, electrical cords hanging from the ceiling, I mean, c'mon folks! Still, it should not be missed. I only hope that someone does a detailed investigation into this enigmatic site.
- WORTH THE VISIT ALONE
George VI park (Ramsgate), an unofficial BMX paradise.
The wind tunnel from Ramsgate Seafront to Dumpton - without a torch!!! Go on!!
The Head Shop by Margate arcades, great selection of bubblies, pipes (for the Cinema, virtually next door), and bongs. Hardcore advice on the occult from the practioners who work there.
Crimminal Studies, especially at night after 8pm when Ramsgate and Broadstairs piggies go home? Weird when you know that Thanet has the highest crime rate, drug rate, unemployment rate, and HIV rate per head/population ratio in Britain.
- CRAMPTONS IS IN BROADSTAIRS U MONGS SO STOP SAYING IT IS IN MARGATE, U JUST WANT TO MAKE UR SHITTY TOWN LOOK BETTER BUT ITS NOT!!!!!!
- If you like Kosovans then this is the place to visit.
- the traffic lights on margate seafront!!......
- TWO bowling alleys. FRESH fish(caught daily).
- mARGATE IS THE SHITTEST PLACE OF THE EARTH i DONT
kNOW WHY THE FUCK YOU DID A THINBG ON IT
- Don't come to Margate during April. Every fly in Britain seems to swarm there.
Wear insect repellent or you'll be covered in them.
- Avoid Margate, Ramsgate too and we wont even mention Newington ! Broadstairs is good and so is West Gate, Whitstable and Canterbury, go there or you will have a crud time and teh intellegence of a fish
- In the FA Cup in 1972, Margate were drawn to play Bournemouth, who had a prolific goalscorer in Ted Macdougall. The Margate manager at the time was quoted in the Press: "Ted Macdougall? We'll just treat him as any other player." He scored nine!
- In the heart of Margate, just a few yards from Cecil Square is Hawley Square, a delightful Georgian Square with what used to be very nice gardens (I have not returned to Margate for quite a few years.)
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: sophie, nat, papagena, mac the lad, james, GEMMA SILK, Suzannah Foad, Jim, Paul Bush, bobsyouruncle, jon, Abigail Coverdale, Emma, jake timberwolf, inkeepingsecrets, dave, Chris Arnold, Richard P, lucy, Pete Feenstra, Lisa&Shannon, CK, Eurostar, dj centric, cathy cromack, zoe spencer, Choices, Charlie, Richard, Matt Ball, trixy, thule, Alex Brett, briton53, Andy Caretr, Anthony Cox, Dominic Marks, caradowning, DJ DARKR, StealthAssasin, Sturry Studio B, helen, Darren, Paul Green, alison cann, Imaginary Dave, olly k, mike, Doris, Debi Johnson, John carter, big D, me, Peter Checksfield, John Stott, Jock, generic, Jamie, sharon, John Maddams, G, olly, Cheese & Crackers, chris bath, Dan Young, deer_dance, jimmy, Fife, Phil Mcrackin, David C, Chimp, julie clifton, danielle, Dave frodsham, Ed, neil B, martin macdonald, Jessica, claire g, Mark Lett
Last updated: 2010-05-09
More stuff about Margate
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Margate Knowhere Board