The Worst Things in Margate, Kent*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Margate.
The Worst Things
- I went to the 2009 "Big Event" this weekend.
I have never seen so many educationaly sub normal chav lowlifes in one place at one time. The sight of a woman from a gene pool that must have included her cat dog and next doors goat passing her (At a guess 12 year old) daughter a packet of Golden Viginia to roll herself a biggy shocked even me! It has been some time since I last visited Margate and i cannot belive just how far down the toilet the place has slid i can onlyimagine what its like after dark!
- getting beaten up everytime you leave the house, getting broken into all the time, having you're car nicked, getting shoot at, trying on a girl and having there margate boyfriend try and KILL you, drugs, theft, the police, gangsters and the town itself with everyone in it ans everything else!
- Traffic around Margate & Westwood Cross
- Traffic around Margate & Westwood Cross
- judgemental small minded people
- everything apart from travel services- stagecoach, you rock!
- When the mornings are damp, the whole island stinks of rotting cabbage.
Old people go there to die. Frequently they are not found for days or even weeks, having moved away from all their family and friends, who forget to check on them.
High levels of drug use in unemployed locals - but who can blame them. If I lived there, I would probably want to smack up, too. Mind you, I would at least TRY not to leave used syringes on the beach.
I remember a 92 year old lady was raped one night in an alleyway. She liked to take out her sholley and feed all the stray cats.
And one Sunday afternoon a man drove to Palm Bay, doused his car with petrol, set fire to it and jumped in.
Margate has that effect on people.
- The council...letting all the shit into town from across the water, And the plastic gangsters !!
- Chavs . . . there are too many - but we will have the last laugh when you are all working at McDonalds and cleaning our cars!!!!
- thanet district council
- mario citro has a bald head and a big nose
- Living here with all the shit,
Heroin bein Rife in Ramsgate.. seriously
everyone knows everything about you so they think..
and the girls are the worst......i wont call them ladies even at 25
- General misery and depression in the air and street after street of decrepit or derelict old houses and shops.
- the blokes are minging, canterbury has some totty, but theres no point in going out on the pull, becasue there all inbred townies.
- the townies and chavs!
- wannabe drum and bass heads who think they're cool by tucking their trousers into their socks. nice fashion statement if your a stroker
- PISS UGLY LANDLADY'S IN SHIT PUBS-THE NOTTINGHAM CASTLE WESTGATE
- the chaves
- Totally disagree with low maintenance in Dane Park. If u havnt realised but its winter, contractors dont maintain it in the winter. Thicko
- The Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiigs. If they cruise past you in their motor, you just know they`re gonna turn around at the end of the road, come back, jump out and go through yer bleedin` pockets, and with loadsa verbal. You`ll get nicked for spitting at them, even if you ain`t - so button it. Due to the high probability of violence from a local villain, the filth generally like to get stuck in first - so don`t give them a reason.
Looking at someone in Ramsgate - Don`t do it! There is a very, very low tolerance of eye contact from the locals.
Being asked the time!!! A favourite means to find out if you`re either a student or if you sound like a faggot - so if approached down the seafronts at night, reply " No I fucking aint!" - unless you want to be the lastest two inch colomn in the Thanet Times.
Having to duck after being asked "What you FUCK-KING lookin at!!! Aaaay!!", When you hadn`t even noticed him til he piped up. (Don`t say "I thought I KNEW you!" Pleeeeeeeease don`t. Just get in first.)
The landlord of the Dolphin pub in broadstairs - there is no health warning about him outside this boozer. Beany might look old - but not too old to throw out someone with a dry sense of humour - if you get a warning from him, drink somewhere else just in case you accidently annoy him again.
Frank Thorleys son who thinks he`s a bleedin` gangster because of his dad, who is, er, a business man. Just smack him in the mouth, especially in the Captain Digby. His dad will call it character building ... for when he becomes a "business man" one day.
The whole town dries up in the chemist department because the thousands of students hit them for everything they have - all summer. And they wonder why they`re always being picked on.
- The A249 goes (k)nowhere near Margate
- same old pubs, same old attitudes
- Townies. Chavs. having a 1 in 2 chance of getting mugged and raped if u walk down margate seafront at night. The ugly chavvie guys. Lack of nice skating guys that arent dicks
- the londeners (genrally tourists!!)
- Dane Park, Do the council know this park excists?. There never seems to be ANY maintenance in this park, Its probably the worst park in Thanet. Come on Thanet Council lack of maintenance is WORSE than vandalism
- When it fills up with tourists and day-trippers all in cars, blocking roads and taking all the parking. Chippie prices rise in Summer (to half london prices!). Terrible traffic lights on front (to keep traffic slow). Arlington House.
- THE SHOPS IN MARGATE ARE CRAP.
- Thorley taverns - (Unless you like the same music wherever you go).
- The Lido
Frank Thorleys control locally
Crap Nightlife during week
- ME , LOUISA BAY, THE BEACH, THE BIRDS
- work, school, college, the invention of a legal system, the invention of currency, and many more!
- peoples small town mentality...everyone knows each other
- parking.........traffic lights.........dirty streets........day trippers
- The Men
- The weather
- The nightlife
- THE BEACH!!!The A249 leading into Margate!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: sophie, nat, papagena, mac the lad, james, GEMMA SILK, Suzannah Foad, Jim, Paul Bush, bobsyouruncle, jon, Abigail Coverdale, Emma, jake timberwolf, inkeepingsecrets, dave, Chris Arnold, Richard P, lucy, Pete Feenstra, Lisa&Shannon, CK, Eurostar, dj centric, cathy cromack, zoe spencer, Choices, Charlie, Richard, Matt Ball, trixy, thule, Alex Brett, briton53, Andy Caretr, Anthony Cox, Dominic Marks, caradowning, DJ DARKR, StealthAssasin, Sturry Studio B, helen, Darren, Paul Green, alison cann, Imaginary Dave, olly k, mike, Doris, Debi Johnson, John carter, big D, me, Peter Checksfield, John Stott, Jock, generic, Jamie, sharon, John Maddams, G, olly, Cheese & Crackers, chris bath, Dan Young, deer_dance, jimmy, Fife, Phil Mcrackin, David C, Chimp, julie clifton, danielle, Dave frodsham, Ed, neil B, martin macdonald, Jessica, claire g, Mark Lett
Last updated: 2009-06-22
More stuff about Margate
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Margate Knowhere Board