The Best Things in Mill Hill, Greater London*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Mill Hill.
The Best Things
- There are large areas of Mill Hill that feel as though you're right out in the country even though you are actually only 20 minutes from Central London by train. Great rural-style walks around Mill Hill Village, round Mill Hill School and St Joseph's Missionary College (who even have cows in the fields) and up towards Totteridge.
A good sense of community, even if it is a bit middle aged, middle class.
A vibrant annual music festival covering many different styles of live music - classical, jazz, rock, klezma,choral, choir, dance, pop and folk - which brings in big names alongside genuinely local talent.
- Relatively quiet and safe on the streets at night.
- Mill Hill Wines, on Mill Hill Broadway. If you want to know anything about wines (or alcohol in general) this place is where the experts are at. I went in there asking for a whiskey for my father's birthday, I was there for over an hour being given the history or whiskey-making, the different flavours, told all about the different brands, etc.
- Moat Mount Park, George Michael can often be seen cruising there.
- Green, Leafy, Quiet but close enough to London. Thameslink station and Northern Line underground station.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Smilie, Colin G. Purdy, Jonathan Cocking, Soo Miles, generic, Eddie, y2db69, Robert Waite, n moore, lee
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Mill Hill
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Mill Hill Knowhere Board