The Best Things in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Milton Keynes.
The Best Things
- there arent any best thngs its all shite and caused by the shiesters that live in it!!!
- easy to get out of
- The Lakes ect. It is great that a 2 min walk and you feel like your in the country side. The red ways are perfectly safe between 6am and 9pm. Even the Worst Estates are a better standard than the Best Estates of other towns.
- The huge beautiful sky, the gorgeous people, the wonderful lakes, greenery and open spaces. The awesome shopping, the fact there are never any traffic jams on the grid roads, the snowdome, sitting outside the pubs in the theatre district in the summer, trying to remind youself you're in MK and not Spain!! What a beautiful place to live :)
- The lakes for walks in the sunshine
- I've lived in Milton Keynes for 9 months now, and think it's actually an ok place to live. The roads are superb, and there are rarely any traffic problems, which sets it apart from just about every other town/city in the country! The facilities are superb, with a huge shopping centre, and every supermarket you can think of. The people are medium friendly, and generally nice, though there are a few stuck up twats to avoid. The nightlife is pretty good, with plenty of bars and clubs to choose from, with more opening all the time. Oceana is probably the best of the lot, with 3 different themed clubs to choose from in one venue, it's pretty impressive, though the £8 entry is quite steep. The Xscape has indoor skiing, bowling, arcade and a multiplex cinema. Milton Keynes is very open and has lots of parks and lakes, it never feels claustrophobic. The city can look pretty beautiful and has an amazing sky. Overall it's just a really nice place to live, and undeserving of all the bad press it has had over the years. Try not to be brainwashed by people who slag it off (most of whom have only ever visited for the day, or not even visited at all!) and go there with an open mind, you may find yourself falling in love!!
- bigfunwithbrian.com - BIG FUN music events in newport pagnell
- Being able to get from one end of Milton keynes to the other in 5-10 mins.
- The people of Milton Keynes can be pretty great, very diverse and multi-cultural. Everyone more or less is helpful and polite.
- Living but one minute away from a Medieval wood, the copious and sumptuous greenery, the various waterside features such as lakes and the Grand Union canal, close proximity to London.
- Auction on a Wednesday night at Windmill hill golf course
- The road system
- The best things are Red Building, The Church and the Art Gallery.
- sex drug & rock n role
- The Xscape n the Shops are huge n amazing! We hav a pretty phat Ice skating rink as well!
- The feeling of living in the country - with the benefits of living in a city! Wide open, green spaces...
- Good shopping
Lots of fit people
Good roads (to a point!)
The fact Ive lived there all my life (actually thats a bad thing!)
- How everyone who has never even been to MK hates it, pretty funny I guess. It's keeps the rif raff out anyway. I think it is a real kewl place to live, no really I do. No matter what anyone says there is loads to do here.
- the new milkymoments house party - the most fun you can have with your sensible pants on www.milkymoments.co.uk
- So many shops that are close together and decent.
- It's not Milton Keynes.
It's not London.
It's a lovely town, and it's getting better by the day.
- Massively useful shopping centre and equally useful market - you never know what you'll find there on the Thursday market. It's all quite recent and so is spread out rather than crammed together. Endless things to see and do, including cinema, bowling alley, snowdome, arcades or just walking. City centre looks very futuristic, especially when all lit up at night. Some nice housing estates. Friend of my Dad moved away from Luton and into Milton Keynes, and apparently wild horses wouldn't drag her back.
- The centre. There is a huge range of shops, cafes and other places to eat and drink, a handy market which is an absolute goldmine, there is a bowling alley, skating rink and lots more, the estates are not crammed in together like in a lot of towns and cities, and the centre looks amazing, could have you believing you're in a sci-fi city or a video game.
- Its clean and easy to find your way around.
- We have got loads of McDonalds. 4 in the city centre; with 1 in the centre:MK, 1 in the Midsummer place centre, 1 in xscape (the mall at the bottom), and 1 in the westgate centre.
There are more all within the cities suburbs, suchas the Kingstin shopping centre etc.
- The concrete cows - they rule!!!
- The Theatre
Contrasting rural with metropolis - there's no other place like MK
Young and vibrant place, with lots large companies bringing their headquarters here.
- Anything thats the opposite to the prefabricated netherfields.
- MK was designed by hippies; everyhting's named after Stone Henge type stuff; Silbury Blvd, Avebury Blvd, Midsummer Blvd. They're all mad summer festival worshipping stoners.
- CONCRETE COWS!!!!
- *Skizone *Ice Skating
*Sports facilities * Cinemas
- It's quite easy to get around
- The wikkid round abouts that means you know U've found Milton Keynes but you now hav to weave you way round in your 'ickle motor like a pin-ball machine to get to your destination!..... and lets not even get on 2 your trippy cows and sketchy raving venue past (pre. Criminal Justice Act!) But of course all raves and more specifically venues are now above board and one would never even think of suggesting otherwise!
- Cable Radio Milton Keynes 89.8 fm, broadcasting since 1979.
- Bon Jovi and Robbie Williams are playing here in the summer!!!!
- It has a lot of job opportunities and it is fast developing, but unlike London the homes are not ridiculously expensive and the people are generally nicer.
- Cosgrove early on a sunny morning with a blue sky.
- Big indoor shopping centre which is good if its raining, but really clinical and very 70's. Cliff Richard recorded the video for "Speakers" there. Says a lot really...
- The pubs in Stony Stratford.
- Feels like an American city (but on a smaller scale). Great roads. Clean, green, spacious and modern.
- Roundabouts in a mini!
- The Iron Trunk Aqueduct on the Grand Union Canal on the Northants border. Just go and be impressed with Victorian engineering.
- Milton Keynes has an amazing system of cycle ways. Just look for the red paths. You can get just about anywhere without having to cycle on any major roads. Estates can get a bit tedious though - all that stop start as you cross all the small roads.
- The best thing about MK is that its clean and green...
- Great Linford- half a mile long, cool
- *The only traffic lights are found in the heart of roads around the shopping centre. Otherwise they are located in the high streets of the little towns that make up Milton Keynes. * It's been built in grids. Every grid has a school, pub, newsagent and houses.
- How can you say its green and clean?! It only feels like that because its so spread out. You can not get by here without a car so how green is that?
- The amount of planned, man-made, green-space, lakes, "open-space to get away from it all" type places.
- Walkways link the whole of MK ... The redway is often safe - however be a little careful if at night through 'iffy or unlit area's...
- the free and east round system. don't people in Milton Keynes *know* what a traffic jam is?! No, quite possibly not, if it wasn't for venturing out to other cities.
- the mk kings are back
- Virtually no traffic jams.
- Miles and Miles of country -like walks in the large amount of park land in the city. Lakes, sailing, canal boats and outdoor life for all within a short walk from almost anywhere.
- Greenary, and lots of it. Everywhere you look.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Lindsay, mushnelle, Richard Lancaster, erin, Ron Jamieson, Andrew McLean, firstname.lastname@example.org, kerry, gail, g, sambora, Jayne Doe, Ruslan, ralph howton, spike, franziska, Nicky D, kona kid, Philip Sutton, Sadler Johnson, Julia Morton, Einstein, A N Other, lucy, lance, Carole Munro, Phil Blythe, David A. Williams, brian, Stephen Kennedy, member of the H.D.C.S krew, Robson, emi, kurt, GC, Mike Stevens, Ian Boreham, Paul G, Anthony James, michael, Adam Sargant, Len, Soup Dragon, Claire Baker, paula, scot, David Wright, Benjy P, Jacqueline, Ben Howard, Diane Hall, Anthony Smith, KittenKate, fminns, Jay Vadgama, Gary, Sam, Tor Turnbull, Ben, Tony Ffitch, MK tax payers, kerry newton, Anon, ryan, Paul Cartmell, Sarah Lavender, Anna, ashleigh, Callum Lester, Inga, Katie M, Julian Self, harry, Lucid, jan porter, Al Jenkins, RHW, Mr Topp, Tracy, ducko, Dave Cumino, Jim, Pands, Si, Paul Griffiths, Ruthy, Charlotte, Ruari Netherwood, Simon Dodson, Jess, dave, Julian (The Fles) Self, Ellen Higgs, dionne, paul decunha, Kal, Phil, Paul, Paul Quelch, Jafet, sparks, Sharon Taylor, E K Sutcliffe, Andy Bruce, Fanny, peter, scotty, tiana, Brad, suzan, BassMan, David Meek, dj haze aka josh, Jennie, screech, spikey, Phillip Hurrell, Allan Plath, Harodan, LynT, Good Bloke, joph, Fletch, Benj, Daniel Croft, Connie, michaela, Richard Osbourne, generic, Treatle, Mary Taylor, Wrighty, Acid Bunny, Mark, Otter, becki, skoobz, Wizzi F, Sarah, G.Smith, jrdn, beckie, Anders, Cheryl Duff, D A Pincott, BARTY HORN, Sam Martin, Richard Oppenheimer, Hannah, richard hall, Rob, David Pibworth, The Fles, michelle, Fliss, Terry Hardacre, Steve
Last updated: 2013-01-31
More stuff about Milton Keynes
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Milton Keynes Knowhere Board