Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Milton Keynes.
- ASDA is the biggest in England and awesome. I have relatives that come to vist from out of town then go there after seeing us.
- The fox and hounds now does really good food , as does The Crown. the Plough offers Pizzas and light snacks.
- In Stony high street on a Sunday lunchtime, the Thai place does a £4.95 menu and a couple of the Indian places do all-you-can-eat buffets for about £8
- Check out www.foodguidemk.co.uk Its new so not got ALL the info yet, but its coming along!
- THe Chinese / chip-shop takeaway next to teh Countryman pub in Bradwell Common makes very fine chips and saveloys.
- The Old George Hotel in Stony Stratford do the best food anywhere in the world. I mean, you pay for what you get, but your mouth will love you forever.
- Great Tai at Stony Stratford.
- mc donalds, kfc
- ODells in Newport Pagnell!!! (& Live Music)
- Update on the Theatre District - TGI Fridays, Elements Oriental Buffet, Chillies, Pizza Hut, Zizzi, Lloyds, a very expensive chinese, Yates's, Rat & Parrot, Bar:ME.
Xscape: Frankie & Benny's (italian/american), new Tapas bar, ASK (pizza), Dexters Bar & Grill, Nandos and McDonalds.
Outside of the Centre, New Lin Wah in New Bradwell is an excellent Chinese take away.
- If you're looking for excellent British food (steaks and the like) from a place where the service and atmosphere are brilliant, the surroundings are authentic and the food is to die for, then go to The Old George Hotel in Stony Stratford. Fabulous value, a varied menu, superb presentation and really friendly staff. Also a great pub just to drink in.
- Call me a snob but pret a manger does goddamn good food, better than a Maccy D's anyway (besides I'm not allowed in there anymore) fariba also did exceedingly nice wraps etc...but I dunno wat happened...
- Nut & Squirrel, Westcroft next to the mega safeway. Just reopened as an Ember Inn. Fantastic decor, even friendlier welcome. Good pub menu & great service available everyday 'till 8pm.Great to see a pub geared towards the female market at last
- CAFE BALTI (Church Street - Wolverton), only just opened but is the best curry house. All their stuff is low cholesterol and tastes abosolutely amazing. Their staff are both friendly and very professional.
- Elements oriental buffet (in Theatre District). Pig out big time for £13.90
- Really good and a great choice, including Chinese, Indian, Chips, Kebabs, Burgers, Macie's, posh restaurants =(reasonable prices)
- Xscape and the theatre district offer a wide variety of restaurants.
- Most restaurants in the city are good. However, if you like really, really good Indian food and value good service then go to Lagoons, in Bletchley on the Queensway. Superb Indian and Nepalese food, always friendly.
- If you like Indian food, then Stony Stratford is well worth a visit. There are four excellent restaurants all within walking distance of each other - The Moghul Palace, The Bekash & The Darjeeling are in the High Street, and The Akber is round the corner in Wolverton Road. In my view, the best food is in The Akber (try the Chicken Khaiberi - charcoal grilled pieces of chichen in a thick red sauce), while for decor, it would be hard to beat The Moghul Palace (look at their web site on www.themughulpalace.co.uk to see what I mean).
- Elements in the brilliant Theatre District - excellent Chuinese restaurant.
In fact the Theatre district is very good for restaurants and pubs altogether.
- Best take away in MK???? It has to be THE SULTAN in Newport Pagnell
- Maccie D's never fials me.
- New eating places now open in the new Milton Keynes Theatre District: TGI Fridays, Bella Pasta, Metros, Dealto, Yates Wine Lodge, Lloyds No 1 Cafe Bar and - best of all - Elements Oriental Buffet (Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Malaysian etc - eat as much as you can for a fixed price, cheaper at lunch time - drinks extra. Better vegitarian selection in the evenings)
- MK Theatre District now opening up - TGI Fridays, Bella Pasta and Di Altos now open. In same area Lloyds No1 Cafe Bar and Hogshead Pub.
- Chiquitos, Pizza Hut, Pizza Express, Marcellos, Metros MILLIONS!!!
All we do is eat...(the trendy restaurants are in the office areas)
- Four McDonalds, three Burger Kings, Pizza Hut, numerous dodgy kebab vans, and more dial-a-pizza than you can shake a stick at.
- If you are around Bletchley (in the south of the city) and NEED a curry after closing time, try the Golden Curry in Duncombe Street (near the railway). Reasonable prices and fairly quick service.
- A couple of wine-bar/restaurant places have opened up between the Winter Gardens & the Station. Look impressive.
- Winter Gardens, Restaurants around offices, like Chiquitos.
- *If you're ever hungry coming back from the clubs on Fridays or Saturdays I suggest you visit the area outside Empire and Hereos Sports bar. There are always some fast food vans loitering with the intent of selling their wares. * There's a drive in McDonalds & Burger King near one of the junctions of the A505
- The Jaipur - next to MK railway station. Indian. Outstanding. The Rose of India - Duncombe St. Beltchley. Indian. Excellent. The Mysore - Newport Pagnell. Indian. Good buffet on Sundays. Chiquito's - CMK near Wetherspoons. Mexcican. Good food. Noisy sometimes. Fatty Arbuckles - Food Hall next to the shopping centre.
- Not all Kebab vans are dodgy - I like my local one (Oldbrook) - good value Doners (with chips now if you want them).
- The food court is opp. the shopping ctr. and at each four corners of MK has a 'retail park' with a supermarket on each!
- Takeaway indian at Waitrose - magic!
- Parkside Hotel at Woughton has an excellent restaurant.
- One of the best places to eat for good quality, not extortionate food is "The Bell" in Aspley Guise, near Woburn Sands. It's only a pub, but a nice one, and the restaurant menu is fantastic - beats a lot of top London eateries. The owner Tony is Italian and excellent at warmly welcoming his guests.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Lindsay, mushnelle, Richard Lancaster, erin, Ron Jamieson, Andrew McLean, firstname.lastname@example.org, kerry, gail, g, sambora, Jayne Doe, Ruslan, ralph howton, spike, franziska, Nicky D, kona kid, Philip Sutton, Sadler Johnson, Julia Morton, Einstein, A N Other, lucy, lance, Carole Munro, Phil Blythe, David A. Williams, brian, Stephen Kennedy, member of the H.D.C.S krew, Robson, emi, kurt, GC, Mike Stevens, Ian Boreham, Paul G, Anthony James, michael, Adam Sargant, Len, Soup Dragon, Claire Baker, paula, scot, David Wright, Benjy P, Jacqueline, Ben Howard, Diane Hall, Anthony Smith, KittenKate, fminns, Jay Vadgama, Gary, Sam, Tor Turnbull, Ben, Tony Ffitch, MK tax payers, kerry newton, Anon, ryan, Paul Cartmell, Sarah Lavender, Anna, ashleigh, Callum Lester, Inga, Katie M, Julian Self, harry, Lucid, jan porter, Al Jenkins, RHW, Mr Topp, Tracy, ducko, Dave Cumino, Jim, Pands, Si, Paul Griffiths, Ruthy, Charlotte, Ruari Netherwood, Simon Dodson, Jess, dave, Julian (The Fles) Self, Ellen Higgs, dionne, paul decunha, Kal, Phil, Paul, Paul Quelch, Jafet, sparks, Sharon Taylor, E K Sutcliffe, Andy Bruce, Fanny, peter, scotty, tiana, Brad, suzan, BassMan, David Meek, dj haze aka josh, Jennie, screech, spikey, Phillip Hurrell, Allan Plath, Harodan, LynT, Good Bloke, joph, Fletch, Benj, Daniel Croft, Connie, michaela, Richard Osbourne, generic, Treatle, Mary Taylor, Wrighty, Acid Bunny, Mark, Joss, Otter, becki, skoobz, Wizzi F, Sarah, G.Smith, jrdn, beckie, Anders, Cheryl Duff, D A Pincott, BARTY HORN, Sam Martin, Richard Oppenheimer, Hannah, richard hall, Rob, David Pibworth, The Fles, michelle, Fliss, Terry Hardacre, Steve
Last updated: 2012-02-02
More stuff about Milton Keynes
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Milton Keynes Knowhere Board