The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Milton Keynes.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
loud on nothing
32 year old skaters lol
15 year old single mothers with pot dealing boyfreinds in wrecked 1 year old flats, the big must in mk is to have 3 kids and a staff all living together in a bedsit.
- lived there for 6 months wolverton park , they gave it the big i am when it opened but they never took into account the total scumbags they allowed to live there
its less than 2 years old and it looks 30 years old
all mk seems to be is a place to breed and then dump their dragged up noisey little shits outside someones home to make noise and asbos while the 15 year old parents are at home making some more little noisey bastards
was the worst time of my life
no manners young shitheads brought up by no manners bigger big on nothing shitheads
a horrible place to live with no soul or atmosphere
- Rahhhhh sort it owt, if you dont fuckin like it ere fuckin move. the person who is bitchin abowt gypos you can FUK rite off you gorgie bastard!!!! noffink wroung wif us its just youuu lot around heree. how childishh to fuckin bitch abowt the fuckin little kids, bus drivers, driving instructurs and fuckin TRAVERLERS !!!!. You lot needa sort it girls should fuckin know not to go near a fuckin pedo, so you dont needa rite it on ere, i bet most of the people that have wrote on here do either, drugs, drink and smoke so stop fuckin moaning abowt stupid little things and get on with life. if people fuckin get sleep at night get some fuckin sleepin pills then it aint fuckin hard, people just want a fuckin good time and why do people slag of "gangsta's" they wont do anyfing to you if you dont do anythin to them.... SNM !!!!
- All these people who slag off Milton Keynes are......CORRECT!!
- PLEASE don't come to Milton Keynes under the illusion that there is no crime here. I've lived here for less than 3 years and in that time there have been countless sexual assaults, several every week, a lot of murders ( including 5 murders on the estate next to where I live in the space of a year). There was a man with a knife going round the town centre stabbing people at random in the underpasses, and of course the high profile double fatal shooting of two teenagers on Fishermead. Theft from properties has risen by more than 40% in the space of a year, street robberies have increased dramatically recently too. Also the other week there were several attempted abductions of children in the area. I'm not trying to scare anyone away from MK, but just wanted to make people aware of the problems that exist in our town in 2011. MK resident.
- Milton Keynes is an extremely underrated city and most people who move there end up falling in love with it!
- MKIVC - A social club for MK graduates and professionals to meet and socialise with like minded people. www.mkivc.org.uk
- The web address for MKIVC is now www.mkivc.org.uk - posted 28/9/2005
- this site is well cool
- It's so sad to read the comments on Milton Keynes. The person obviously had a bad time growing up here. Maybe the fault was on his part and not Milton Keynes. A lot of people actually love mk and i'm one of them. There is a lot going for this town and the community is high. Yes there are muggings but where isn't there nowadays. The council have gone to great lenghts to improve estates such as Netherfield, Tinkers bridge and Bletchley. Lets hope this site does not put too many people off, bus loads of visitors actually come for the day. However any scateboarders put off is fine with me, because they damage the marble and then they go home. Do it at your own home, afterall if thats your idea of fun, sad.
- thisisnews.com/bucks is a portal providing up-to-date business news, information and events for Buckinghamshire (including Milton Keynes, Aylesbury, High Wycombe, Taplow, Marlow and Buckingham).
- hey there guys, just writing to let you know of recent happenings in your local premier paranormal group.
We are based in MK and have been operating for approx 5 years now. but we have just had a huge spring clean and some vacancies for future paranormal investigators/researchers has arised.
Experience isnt needed but a keen interest in the paranormal is.
Pop along to www.npri.co.uk and have a nose.
- condom machienes in churches?
- The Milton Keynes Theatre Of Comedy run by Dave Pibworth and Jackie Southgate is the up and coming comedy company having run a very succesful show at Christmas at The Stables in Wavendon. They are planning to run various comedy events through Milton keynes. In progress is a stage show about Laurel and Hardy, Buster Keaton etc which will be premiered in Milton Keynes. Also 2 writers connected with MKTOC are adapting some Ealing film comedies for the stage.
- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE listen 2 da warnings bout da blokes from Fishermead n Lakes estate theyr really bad n the girls arent much better. Seriously!
- I think ul find that places that were originally built in the centre of MK like Fishermead, Springfield etc r a complete mess n shud b completely ripped down n started agen cus its just NASTY! The MK roundabouts r a brilliant system n u will only get lost if u r incapable of speech or reading street signs. Also the other gud thing bout the redways wen wlking around the estates is the u can just keep walking and u will eventually end up where u started so even if uv just stormed out n dont really pay attention 2 where ur going it's difficult 2 get lost (summat i found out 2day!)
- COME AND FIND ME!!! I DARES YA!!! mi name is jennie, i have dark hair and am usualy found with a group of skaters, mainly boys. am found either at the theater the pointhe station or on the way to one of the later, just yell, if i turn round then YOU WIN!!!! :P
- The french market in Midsummers place is great, never bought anything from there but it's good for a laugh, the cheese there stinks like hell....infact the whole market pretty much does. You can buy loads of kewl beads from this one stall, cept the guy on it always shouts at me. Dun understand a word he says tho.....anyway it's worth a visit.
- Actually, although every1 slags of m.k, it IS alright! there r some gr8 shops and entertainment there- ok so the points naff and it is a bit tacky. But m.ks really not that bad.
- For all your musical needs in Milton keynes and the local area check out http://www.musicmk.org.uk
- People, *please* go and support your local football team. Hemel Hempstead Town have a ground in Adeyfield, and they rely on support from residents like us! It's a good day out and you can cheer along your home team, all for miles less than a Premiership game at some c**ppy London club (you know who you are)
- For areas of Milton Keynes that appear in scenes from the film "The Fourth Protocol" please include Bradwell Common & Heelands
- Milton Keynes ceased to be part of Bucks on 1st April 1997. On May 9th 1997 Milton Keynes became a Unitary County Council. For anyone who still believes that MK is in Buckinghamshire just check the lists of councillors. You find that none from MK is present at Aylesbury because the county council offices are in the Civic Office in central MK. Milton Keynes Council IS the county council.
- I Wimbledon F.C. move here, will they be called Wimblekeynes?
- the place is mad
- CONCRETE COWS AND ITS THE MOST MODERN CITY IN THE WORLD (I THINK)!
- I reckon the demarcation point between Midlands and the South is the River Ouse at Cosgrove. North of there just feels different. Mind you, Wolverton is an industrial craphole straight from the midlands.
- The term "cock and bull story" comes from The Cock and The Bull pubs on the High Street in Stony.
- Milton Keynes is VERY equine. There are loads of Horse/Pony paddocks, if you look about when you are driving you will see them, Woolstone, Walnut Tree, Kents Hill, Bradwell Abbey to name a few. Lots of Riding Schools and Livery Yards. These places are not just used by snotty hello Henry's and Henretta's but normal people like you and me, who stay perminatly in the red, keeping horses. The shows at MK Eventing Center in Hanslope hosts the Scania 3 day event, and is a great laugh as we locals try to organise it on the day, fingers crossed we have not killed anyone yet. Plus there are lots of other novice shows i.e. Loughton Riding School throughout summer, where you can roll up watching some young kid go hurtling round the course hanging on for grim death with mum yelling isn't this fun, as her daughter turns white with fright. Then us oldes have a go and feel as proud as Harvey Smith winning Hickstead, as we clear a 2'6 course. I think Milton Keynes is a "Have a go" place for any sport what ever your experience. I can not think of one sport that is not covered, can you? There is Sailing to Dragon Boat Racing, Marathon Running to Cycling, F1 Grand Prix to Go Karting, Horse Racing to Dog Racing and Snowboarding to Water Skiing.
- Shelley Martin's Ass
- The man in Stony is not mad...everyone else is sane.
- The Great Linford Manor recording studio has been host to Reef, Feeder, Skunk Anansi and PJ Harvey!
- Interestingly enough, if you're taking a plane to Luton Airport from Up North (Edinburgh, Glasgow, Etc), you can see the Point (red lights 'n' all) and Milton Keynes town centre from the plane. I actually managed to identify my housing estate from the air! Kewl!! (best viewed when dark as all the street lights are in a perfect grid). Or at least you can do this when flying with Easyjet anyhow.
- Milton Keynes split from Buckinghamshire on April 1st 1997. On May the 9th 1997 Milton Keynes became an independent county. It is therefore no longer part of the county of Buckinghamshire. Local residents fought for three years to obtain this split. The campaign was based on the premise that Bucks were taking our Council Tax and not spending it on Milton Keynes. For confirmation of this please read the current edition of the Ordnance Survey map in printed form or the second edition of the OS CD-ROM for 1999.
- The absolute number one best thing about Milton Keynes is any road that leads straight out of the place. The problem is finding the right road on the horrible road system. If you're looking for a missing person, you may find them in Milton Keynes, trying to find their way out!
- I live in Leighton Buzzard which is ten miles south of MK - I keep seeing MK
referred to as "in the Midlands". WHAT !? I've always thought of home being in
the South East of England. Where is the border ?
- This isn't a category just a correction. Milton keynes is not in Buckinghamshire anymore. It became a unitary authority in (I think)1998. And a bloody good place it is too!
- How do you get corrections made. For example there is a comment on the site saying that the ice rink has closed. THis was true a while ago but it reopened about 18 months to 2 years ago and, as far as I am aware is going from strength to strength. Can factually incorrect comments be deleted?
- Milton Keynes does have a lot of greenery, probably more than any other town I've been to in fact, but the trouble is it's a wee bit sterile. There is nothing about Milton Keynes which is natural, everything about it has been carefully designed by town planners rather than it having evolved naturally. All the greenery has been planned out, every tree is neatly ordered in a line with the others, every patch of grass is carefully cultivated by the council. Milton Keynes is nice compared to hundreds of places in this country but its like a Lego town.
- MK is the most American place in the Midlands. Make sure you check out the concrete cows and do some livestock surfing, great for pictures. The Point across Midsummer from the Mcdonalds is great, even if a little expensive. Try the STAR WARS game, a quid for two people. After you get the hang of the first level it's easy, but getting through the trench in the second level is darn hard. The roundabouts in MK are a blast- take them as fast as you can without killing any body. The worst places are Netherfields, Tinkers Bridge, and all those estates that look that Mattel houses gone bad. Avoid them like the plague.
What a cheek! "Avoid like the plague." I have lived in Netherfield for seven years, and it is one of the best areas of Milton Keynes. No stuck up psuedo snobs trying to keep up with the Jones', just real people! Architecture is square but better than other estates which try to aspire to middle class twits. Lots of green areas where kids can play and become more streetwise than other areas.
- Winter Gardens. Situated just west of City Centre. Has Dukes night club, a couple of bars (Bentleys and another I can't call to mind) Houstons (a Tex-Mex food joint - quite good & inexpensive) and a pizza place. Ice rink for MK Kings ice hockey team - much mindless violence.
- Table tennis in Milton Keynes: if you're in the least bit interested in playing (or even coaching, umpiring or just watching) Table Tennis in Milton Keynes, please check out the MKTTL site.
- *The train station was actually used as the United Nations building in one of the earlier Superman movies. * There is a fairly nice sized outdoor market on several days. Thursdays and Saturdays are probably the best. Thirsdays is more 2nd hand good though.
- Where it all began (code-breaking) - Bletchley Park.
- Did you know that MK has the highest number of multiple births in the UK!
- Inter-Varsity Club, best social activity club for graduates and young professionals in their 20s and 30s. http://www.btinternet.com/~mk.ivc
- There's a big watersports centre at Willen Lake, which is quite a nice place to go on Sunny weekends for a wander.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Lindsay, mushnelle, Richard Lancaster, erin, Ron Jamieson, Andrew McLean, firstname.lastname@example.org, kerry, gail, g, sambora, Jayne Doe, Ruslan, ralph howton, spike, franziska, Nicky D, kona kid, Philip Sutton, Sadler Johnson, Julia Morton, Einstein, A N Other, lucy, lance, Carole Munro, Phil Blythe, David A. Williams, brian, Stephen Kennedy, member of the H.D.C.S krew, Robson, emi, kurt, GC, Mike Stevens, Ian Boreham, Paul G, Anthony James, michael, Adam Sargant, Len, Soup Dragon, Claire Baker, paula, scot, David Wright, Benjy P, Jacqueline, Ben Howard, Diane Hall, Anthony Smith, KittenKate, fminns, Jay Vadgama, Gary, Sam, Tor Turnbull, Ben, Tony Ffitch, MK tax payers, kerry newton, Anon, ryan, Paul Cartmell, Sarah Lavender, Anna, ashleigh, Callum Lester, Inga, Katie M, Julian Self, harry, Lucid, jan porter, Al Jenkins, RHW, Mr Topp, Tracy, ducko, Dave Cumino, Jim, Pands, Si, Paul Griffiths, Ruthy, Charlotte, Ruari Netherwood, Simon Dodson, Jess, dave, Julian (The Fles) Self, Ellen Higgs, dionne, paul decunha, Kal, Phil, Paul, Paul Quelch, Jafet, sparks, Sharon Taylor, E K Sutcliffe, Andy Bruce, Fanny, peter, scotty, tiana, Brad, suzan, BassMan, David Meek, dj haze aka josh, Jennie, screech, spikey, Phillip Hurrell, Allan Plath, Harodan, LynT, Good Bloke, joph, Fletch, Benj, Daniel Croft, Connie, michaela, Richard Osbourne, generic, Treatle, Mary Taylor, Wrighty, Acid Bunny, Mark, Otter, becki, skoobz, Wizzi F, Sarah, G.Smith, jrdn, beckie, Anders, Cheryl Duff, D A Pincott, BARTY HORN, Sam Martin, Richard Oppenheimer, Hannah, richard hall, Rob, David Pibworth, The Fles, michelle, Fliss, Terry Hardacre, Steve
Last updated: 2013-01-31
More stuff about Milton Keynes
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Milton Keynes Knowhere Board