Sports Clubs and Facilities in Mitcham, Greater London*
Football pitches, Clubs, Teams, Rugby, Cricket, Swimming Pools, Tennis, Martial Arts, Judo, Karate, Boxing, Gyms, Leisure Centres, etc.
You can tell us more about Mitcham.
Sports Clubs and Facilities
- where is the boxing club
- Mitcham Green is the World's oldest cricket ground in continuous use (circa 1685).
- Ladies Hockey Team (Surrey/South London) - Players of all ability welcome for next season!
Mitcham ladies hockey club is a very social club with members of most ages and national and international backgrounds!
We have a 1st XI ladies team that competes weekly in the 7th Division in the Surrey Ladies hockey League, we are also forming a friendly team that will play friendly matches against other clubs all year round. (This seasons training has started, we train on Wednesday nights every week local to Mitcham)
We are one of the most inexpensive teams to join in London, away kit is even supplied by sponsors!
We're growing all the time and we are always welcoming new members. You can always expect a very friendly, good-humoured atmosphere when you meet us, and we're very sociable team on and off the pitch.
Whether you're a well-seasoned player or a complete novice, whether youíre in peak physical fitness or not we donít mind, we will happily welcome you to join us! Please email email@example.com for further details!
- Excellent, The Canons gym and fields: squash/swimmimg/football and gym. If you're on JSA it cost's £14 pounds to join and £3.10 each time you go, which is pretty good if you're a bit skint! If anybody fancies a bit of 5-a-side once a week then pls feel free to get in touch as we have about 5 or 6 of us who have a little kick about once or twice a week (average age is 35). To hire an indoor pitch at Canons is £42 for an hour (£4.20 each if 5-a-side).
- One of South London's most active cycling clubs is based in Mitcham. See http://www.pollardshillcyclists.org.uk for info
- Canons leisure centre by the cricket green is great. It has a big and small swimming pool, weights and everything. Oh yeah and a running track outside. football pitches across the road aswell.
- Mitcham cricket green is the oldest in the world, apparently.
- Tooting and Mitcham FC. They even have a band of singing supporters!!!!! ever bored one saturday pay a visit to see a matrch just to hear the singing supporters.
- Cannons Leisure Centre: swimming and suchlike. Play on the second-oldest cricket green in the country.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Lesley, Callum +Dom, Count Me Out, Tracy, drella, Ewan Green, Frances Sartori, Ants, badge, Dean Laughton, Enda, Oy Greenie, James Clark, jheral, tommy hopper, kevin, Dave Bradshaw, Alan Pearmain, Colin Finch, Sin, firstname.lastname@example.org, Kieron (curly), generic, Bridget O'Leary, Gemma, Ian, Mark, jezza
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Mitcham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Mitcham Knowhere Board