Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Moseley, West Midlands*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Moseley.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Baldrick from Blackadder lived in Moseley for a while I seem to recall reading somewhere...
- Joan Armatrading used to live in Moseley with her girlfriend Pam Nestor. I made the mistake of trying to chat them up in the early days in tHe Fighting Cocks. Sonia Lannaman the sprinter lived there too.
- Ozzy osbourne lived down my road as did someone from UB40.
- Those crazy guys from king adora seen wondering around safeways or drinking in the jug. theyre cool.
- UB40, Ocean Colour Scene and B.R.A. The Dangerous Sisters were famous but only to readers of 'Fiesta' and people who like 'Electric Blue' vids.
- Broadcast - Moseley-in-space...in the sixties
- 'Astro' out of UB40. "Theres a rat in me kitchen what am I gonna do there a rat in me kitchen what am I gonna do" lives in Moseley, no rats in his kitchen I think that the huge ivory lions and wrought iron gates would have frightened them away. Changed his name to Astro from 'Terry Wilson', probably because he sounded like one of your dads mates who plays darts and farts in curry houses.
Arthur Pentelow ( a.k.a "Nay Mishta Wilkes") from Emmerdale used to live in Moseley before his death. "Pint of bitter please Henry!" cries Seth. "Sorry Seth I can't serve you I'm dead".
- Pete-the-Feet - a local resident and legend in Moseley. He's the bloke who wears a cowboy hat and strolls around B13 in bare feet (but painted toes).
- Ocean Colour Scene. Hence the album title Moseley Shoals.
- Lots of people with big hair who read the local news on the telly.
- Jim Crace - award-winning author.
David Edgar - playwright.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: kerrie, murphy, Jacko, alison stirling, Dave Alexander, Shantavira, richard,, GD, Bill, Pete, Jen Boylan, Andrew Matheson, Carolyn Buckle, Stephen Sheridan, John Blackhawk, oh max, B, generic, Mike Parker, Therese, 51.5034,-0.1274, Bill Lees, John Duffy, paul
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Moseley
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Moseley Knowhere Board