Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Moseley, West Midlands*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Moseley.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- I've just come from my friend's 30th birthday do at The Cross in Moseley, Birmingham.
The DJ that The Cross supplied was probably the worst DJ I have ever encountered. Here's why:
1. It was supposed to be an 80s and 90s night and he was playing stuff from the 70s for large parts of the evening.
2. It was clear he hadn't a clue about what music he was playing. He didn't know and didn't care.
3. He couldn't work out where to plug in his headphones (literally), which meant that we had to endure 30s of fade-out on the track being played, then 30s of fade-in on the next one. No mixing, beat-matching or anything.
I can only hope that my friend didn't pay anything for this fool.
- Moseley Dance Centre can be likened to an overpriced school disco with a very limited bar and possibly the mankiest toilets in South Birmingham. Except the clientele is generally too old/drunk (rather than too young) to get into any decent club. Best avoided unless you're REALLY desperate for a drink after time's been called.
- Moseley Dance Centre. A school disco for grownups, complete with village youth-club hall style architecture and internal deco. Bar until 2am most nights, usually full of not-entirely-sober people dancing and generally being happy. Good one.
- Very strong free party scene - pick up fliers in local pubs or try Cinephilia or the Crafty Jungle. Much, much better than the clubs, especially the seedy, badly-run dumps that have come and gone in Balsall Heath.
- Moseley Dance Centre on the main Moseley Road into town holds regular afro, Hip-hop, Blues and god knows what else nights - excellent, apparently.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: kerrie, murphy, Nur, Jacko, alison stirling, Dave Alexander, Shantavira, richard,, GD, Bill, Pete, Jen Boylan, Andrew Matheson, Carolyn Buckle, Stephen Sheridan, John Blackhawk, oh max, B, generic, Therese, Mike Parker, 51.5034,-0.1274, Bill Lees, John Duffy, paul
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Moseley
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Moseley Knowhere Board