Live Music Venues in Moseley, West Midlands*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about Moseley.
Live Music Venues
- jug of ale.
- mac, cannon hill park
- JUG OF ALE!!!!! oh marvellous one, ideal for pre-snobs/ramshackle drinks. great live music too.
- Steve Ajao has started playing at The Hog's Head every other Wednesday (23rd April 2003 was one so work it out yourself). The number of music venues has diminished due to complicated licensing laws, noise and a lack of interest from Corporate Brewers. The Jug has always attracted younger audiences so if you're anything like me you don't bother unless you've heard that there are some decent musicians on (I'm old OK shut up!). The Fighting Cocks has a no music policy but we're all hoping this will change and The Bull has mainly DJs - who are pretty good and I have heard some quite nice live noises coming from The Kavanagh but don't you think this is a pretty poor show for a village that boasts more talent per square inch than most other areas put together? I was involved with Moseley Festival from 1998 and I could've filled the park for a month with very able musicians and been entertained the whole time. This year I'm helping out with the Gypsy Jazz Festival in the park on the 12th and 13th July. It's a bit of a change and it's our contribution to Birmingham's bid for European City of Culture. Please go to our website at www.lespritmanouche.com
Some of us are making the effort. See you there. G.
- The Jug of ale pub has a band just about every night. Local lads Ocean colour Scene started playing here and it's rumoured they still do occasionally.
The Fighting Cocks hosts big band jazz every Monday night.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: kerrie, murphy, Jacko, alison stirling, Dave Alexander, Shantavira, richard,, GD, Bill, Pete, Jen Boylan, Andrew Matheson, Carolyn Buckle, Stephen Sheridan, John Blackhawk, oh max, B, generic, Mike Parker, Therese, 51.5034,-0.1274, Bill Lees, John Duffy, paul
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Moseley
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Moseley Knowhere Board