The Worst Things in Moseley, West Midlands*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Moseley.
The Worst Things
- An absolute shithole - run down, scary place, one of the most deprived places I've ever been to - DON'T LIVE THERE!
- Is Doctor who going to go back in time and vist this boring place.The tardis
would be ideal.Its been stuck in a time warp for years.
That schizophrenic blond girl that drinks at o`neils and the fighting cocks at weekends.Needs her heading wiring to the national grid. Then send her the bill
- Scary killer tramps, annoying famillies at the farmers market.
- The insularity of residents, old and new.
- Millions of cable ties on the lamp posts - actually nearly had me eye out! Fly Posting and Fly Tipping (don't those flies earn enough?!)
- Smugness of the residents who think it's an interesting place. In reality, it's just a step away from suburban boredom. Most of my neighbours are precious semi-professionals (musicians, teachers, bankers) who are only ever seen getting in and out of their sporty/posh cars. As for the nightlife, it's got pubs, bars, and other drinking establishments, including a decent billiards/pool/snooker club. Not much for the mind, then. So much for its reputation as an artist's enclave.
- Spiralling house prices. No book/record shop. Kwik Save (even worse since the Somerfield takeover). The Number One Bus (whose occasional appearances in Moseley bear scant relation to its official timetable).
- People who call Moseley "the village". You know who you are.
- No bookshop - Moseley could really do with at least one.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: kerrie, murphy, Nur, Jacko, alison stirling, Dave Alexander, Shantavira, richard,, GD, Bill, Pete, Jen Boylan, Andrew Matheson, Carolyn Buckle, Stephen Sheridan, John Blackhawk, oh max, B, generic, Therese, Mike Parker, 51.5034,-0.1274, Bill Lees, John Duffy, paul
Last updated: 2010-10-27
More stuff about Moseley
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Moseley Knowhere Board