Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Muswell Hill, Greater London*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Muswell Hill.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Robert Plant seen recently buying coriander in a grocery store on the broadway. Steve McFadden and DJ Judge Jools live in the same street on the N10/N2 borders, most of the rest of the cast of East Enders seem live in the area too. Classical singer Lesley Garret, BBC business editor Robert Peston. Rowland Rivon recently trying to sell his house. Johnny Vegas lives above a barbers.
- Lots and lots and lots. Todd Carty, Tony Hadley, Rowland Rivron, that cunt from Hollyoaks, Jimmi Harkin, Maureen Lipman, Sophie Thompson, Johnny Borrell and his twat brother.
- Olly Croft O.B.E founder of the BDO lives in Muswell hill
- Steve Mcfadden who plays Phil Mitchel in eastenders came round to our place after we found his cat wandering around outside. We called the number on the collar and he came round to pick it up.
- Saw Johnny Vegas in Sainsburys. The League of Gentleman own a house here, top of Colney Hatch Lane, I think as does Martin Freeman, (Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy). Oooh and Mel from Big Brother 1!
- To be fair, Karl Marx' grave is in Highgate, not Muswell Hill.
- Tubbs and Edward of hte League of Gentlemen were in Sainsburys a while ago...
- Richard Littlejohn, the nation's most bitter man, lives here and often mentions The Maid of Muswell pub in his sneering columns as an example of where liberals and Guardian readers hang out.
- frontman of the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band and all round comedic eccentric genius Vivian Stanshall lived and sadly died here in a house fire.
- Suggs and most of Madnees are Muswell Hill boys, they made reference to the Hill in everyone one of their songs, either vocally or visually. superstars. if you go to Snips (Barbers) on Colney Hatch, you'll see the big portrait of Suggs geting his hair cut. when hairstyles were crap and so were the cars!!!
- there are soooo many C-listers in muswell hill i dont have the space to list them all!
- I lived in Muswell Hill as an American Foreign student at a Uni in London in the late 1980's.I found it to be a wonderful place.Rod Stewart's mother DOES live there.She lives in the large house near the church on the high street.Her home is gated and at the time she drove a beautiful blue Mercedes which was said to be a gift from Rod.She is quite attractive and friendly and smiled and waved at me whenever we crossed paths.Muswell Hill is also (in)famous for having the grave of Karl Marx.Loads of friendly people there.I returned in 1996,years later,just for a look see.Even then,I was greeted by residents there with familiar tones.North London will stay with me always.You might say that I fell in love.
- The lovely, lovely, lovely Tony Hadley who really, truely is lovely and down to earth!
- Michelle Collins, Perry Fenwick, Maureen Lipman, Linda Bellingham,Trevor Nelson,plus loads of actors that you see in the Bill, Emmerdale and Eastenders nd Coronation Street etc, but you don't know who they are.
- Once or twice I've spotted Sean Hughes walking his dog in Highgate Woods.
The large, fat, bald chap who plays the grocer in Coronation St and says 'Ashley' a lot - I've seen him chatting to the Big Issue seller outside Waitrose.
I once saw Todd Carty in Sainsbury's. Buying a copy of the Daily Star and some liver sausage. Celebrity lifestyle or what!?
- Recently spotted - Roland Rivron, John Simm and Hugo Speer.
Famous for the wrong reasons - Dennis Neilson - who'd have thought it in Muswell Hill!
- I once bumped into Tony Hadley from Spandau Ballet. I have also seen that fat lad of 'In Bed with MeDinner' at 'Toffs' the fish shop.
- Tony Hadley, Spandau Ballet
The actor who plays Billy Mitchell (spotted in a pub so he might not live here.)
- I believe Rod Stewart's mum lives/or used to live down the road.
- Very much a celebrity hotspot - Roland Rivron, Todd Carty, Tony Hadley, the bloke who plays the butcher in Corrie, Gianni from EastEnders (living with Nadia Swahalia) ... and I once saw Nicholas Parsons driving along the broadway. Sean Hughes has been known to make the journey up the hill from Crouch End.
- John Simm (Human Traffic) occasionally witnesses walking about with slinky New Improved Celebrity Girlfriend and who can blame him, eh?
- Ray Davies, Dave Davies and Pete Quaife grew up in Muswell Hill and founded The Kinks there, in 1963.
- Phil from Eastenders
- Wasn't Dennis Nilsson's house of horrors in Muswell Hill - I thought they found the skulls in someone's garden?
- Paul Weller, Fairground Attraction, Maureen Lipman, "Lofty" out
of Eastenders, Rod Stewarts Parents.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: chloe, rick Bush, AGM UK, Lisa, Dan Kelly, noodlebum, sharyn november, Ed Rich, Fiona Fer, annonymous, fletch, DK, Francis, Chris, Rachel Firth, david Goldman, Fleur Gatfield, Darryl Wilks, PaxDelta, cecilia, James Tuddenham, Donna, Marzban Kapadia, generic, Claire, new muswell hill, nial westwood, Steven Hinds, Harold Winchmore, Laurence Tuddenham, Anna Phillips, pamr100, Rob Bridgewater, Scott, david liney, Mario Corile, nick finley, steve, Laura, Daniel Neville, gerred, C, Hugh, shuanise, P.Harriman, LG, Joanne, marpu, Richard Brand, Rhythm Team, chrissy, Georgi, Hugh Morrison, Adrian Scottow, Bob, Doug, David Allen, anon
Last updated: 2010-03-13
More stuff about Muswell Hill
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Muswell Hill Knowhere Board