Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Muswell Hill, Greater London*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Muswell Hill.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- The Village does a great lunchtime pizza deal and is a decent daytime hangout, but please avoid when the Wood Green rudeboys get the W7 up the hill to go on the rampage. The Maid of Muswell is chilled out with great beers.
- The green man and enigma have been taken over and done up v.nice.
- There is a weekly under 18's event (with Djs playing all the best in R'nB & dance music) On every Friday night 7pm-11pm. Check out the website for further details www.rhythmparty.com
London's First Weekly Nightclub For Under 18's!
- I was visiting Muswell Hill for the night last Thursday(22/05/03) from Dublin and I would just like to say that I was in Enigma nightclub and had the craic, enjoyed the good music, and lovely people..............!
- I WOULD REALLY LIKE A REGULAR NIGHT CLUB WITH GOOD MUSIC (RNB)FOR UNDER 18S TO BE MADE.
- I am writing here to defend a Muswell Hill institution from the undeserved criticism of a stranger. Enigma nightclub has been slaughtered by one reviewer. Yet it's significance obviously passed them by. It is not supposed to be a classy establishment (of which there are many in Muswell Hill. Considering that it is quite a small, residential area, the approx. 10 bars and clubs is quite a substantial number!)Enigma is a place for Hillbillies to go to carry on their evening. It is sleazy and smoke-filled, and generally plays the same soundtrack day in day out. Yet everyone there is a regular. It is where regulars meet to see each other. It is where people who have lived in the area all their lives can go along, wearing their poseur clothes, and try to look cool. It does not deserve criticism, unless it is from someone who loves it (or as the case may be, loves to hate it). And as for Muswell Hill in general. I have already said, there are four exceptionally classy bars in the area, which could compete with any central London bar. The N10 O'Neils ( a converted church) is worth a look just for the architecture, and The Village attracts bar-goers from all over North London. The person who wrote this review obviously chose to ignore the best bars of Muswell Hill, and instead focused on the much-loved dive of Enigma.
- If the residents had their way the lovely Enigma (formerly, years ago, Manhattan Lights I am reliably informed) would be raised to the ground. They'll probably get their way eventually as a nightclub doesn't fit in with the post yuppie quiet life.
- What used to be Woody's Piano Bar has now reopened as N10, with a large man in a bow tie standing outside. Probably better than Enigma, but not by much.
- Enigma is the worst club in the world; too small to bring in the numbers which would pay for a half decent DJ.... On the other hand, it is open past pub closing...
- "Enigma" (round the back of The Green Man on Muswell Hill Roundabout)
is an aptly named legend. To me it is *the* provinicial niteclub.
House, garage, charts and lots of under-18s. You have to see it
to believe it.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: chloe, rick Bush, AGM UK, Lisa, Dan Kelly, noodlebum, sharyn november, Ed Rich, Fiona Fer, annonymous, fletch, DK, Francis, Chris, Rachel Firth, david Goldman, Fleur Gatfield, Darryl Wilks, PaxDelta, cecilia, James Tuddenham, Donna, Marzban Kapadia, generic, Claire, new muswell hill, nial westwood, Steven Hinds, Harold Winchmore, Laurence Tuddenham, Anna Phillips, pamr100, Rob Bridgewater, Scott, david liney, Mario Corile, nick finley, steve, Laura, Daniel Neville, gerred, C, Hugh, shuanise, P.Harriman, LG, Joanne, marpu, Richard Brand, Rhythm Team, chrissy, Georgi, Hugh Morrison, Adrian Scottow, Bob, Doug, David Allen, anon
Last updated: 2010-03-13
More stuff about Muswell Hill
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Muswell Hill Knowhere Board