Arts, crafts and such in New Cross, Greater London*
Anything from pukka art galleries to craft shops. Trendy and twee both welcome.
You can tell us more about New Cross.
Arts, crafts and such
- Loadsa stuff down in the area...Creekside in nearby deptford is very well served, no, not forgetting that Goldsmiths has its yearly showings.
- Goldsmiths College often has student sales in the Library, pick up the next Damien Hirst for a fiver! Every year in May/June Fine Art, Textiles and Design hold the final year shows. Plus all year round check out performances and events by looking at the notice bourds in the main building.
- The Lewisham ARthouse(sic) is always well worth a visit, 140 Lewisham Way.
- There's loads of Community arts stuff in Deptford, The Albany Theatre hosts anything from panto to rock bands, The Bird's Nest Theatre above the Bird's Nest Pub, Second Wave young people's Arts Project, Arts In Perpetuity Trust APT - an artists co-op, Rose Bruford College -Drama School, Deptford Arts Development Asociation (DADA) - with about 350 freelance artists & performers. There are cultural activities for an amazing number of different nationalities, Deptford is alledgedly the most culturally diverse spot in Britain.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Susan, Santosh, wil, judy, Gordon, Damian Griffiths, brody, meemalee, Pete Stephenson, South Eats London, Al, Mr.Halsey, carl, Tony Dikan, Sally, generic, joe, Gabriella, Olli Siebelt, daisy, Oscar Lumley-Watson, Siobhan, frances, Donna Blohm, Myles Bradley, blindboy luis, Benjamin Whitaker, JS, john bundy, Nico, 99seconds, will, James Higgott, Stephen Doolan, Jay Ray, Richard Kershaw, Ray, Sean, joyce healey, lisa, Rachel Pe'er, Mark Thomas, john ryan
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about New Cross
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- New Cross Knowhere Board