Favourite Building in New Cross, Greater London*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about New Cross.
- Laban Dance Centre
- The fire station and the abandoned toilets.
- theres a cool sculpture on-top of goldsmiths college now. i thought it was crap at first but then i heard it was called "scribble" and it all made sense. go look at it.
- well many moons ago there use to be this building which was a signs making company and they had an electronic man goin up and down a ladder which was a source of amusement for many i wonder if many remember that now. But my ultimate favourite for its location is the Marquis of Granby not the actual pub
- Deptford Town Hall. New Goldsmiths extension by Alsop and Stomer should be something special when it is completed this year.
- sainsburys... and not because they hire lots of my friends and myself. although if you need a job your almost guarented
- Goldsmiths Tavern
- The old fire station on the road towards Peckham with its round brick tower.
- Southern Fried Chicken on Lewisham Way, they do some niiice chicken!
- Deptford Town Hall - especially at night. Lit like a Gotham City masterpiece.
And to a degree the Venue looks good at night.
- The Albany Centre is a brillian building. It just hasn't been being run terribly well for a while. Its a 425 seat venue which has been used for major theatre, cabaret music and dance including "Stomp" Lilly Savage, Roy ayers etc. As well as late night clubs.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Susan, Santosh, wil, judy, Gordon, Damian Griffiths, brody, meemalee, Pete Stephenson, South Eats London, Al, Mr.Halsey, carl, Tony Dikan, Sally, generic, joe, Gabriella, Olli Siebelt, daisy, Oscar Lumley-Watson, Siobhan, frances, Donna Blohm, Myles Bradley, blindboy luis, Benjamin Whitaker, JS, john bundy, Nico, 99seconds, will, James Higgott, Stephen Doolan, Jay Ray, Richard Kershaw, Ray, Sean, joyce healey, lisa, Rachel Pe'er, Mark Thomas, john ryan
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about New Cross
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- New Cross Knowhere Board