Live Music Venues in New Cross, Greater London*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about New Cross.
Live Music Venues
- New Cross Inn next to the Venue New Cross Rd, Amersham arms opposite New Cross station, Deptford Arms also has a downstairs art space Deptford high street, Bar Sonic junc New Cross rd and Deptford high street,Montague arms junc. Queens rd and New Cross Rd.All do live music.
- UPDATE: The basement of the Venue is now having real bands on most Friday nights (i.e. not cover bands), put on by Angular records, Short Skirt Long Jacket (www.shortskirtlongjacket.net) and others.
- The Montague Arms=10/10! The Amersham Arms. New Cross Inn-but it's no good.
- The basement of the Venue is now having real bands on most Friday nights (i.e. not cover bands), put on by Angular records and others (update February 2005).
- the old amersham arms eh? its a really good venue, although they've been getting strict with young patrons of late. they put alot of trendy-core shite on but you get all sorts or rock bands really. the catapult club there on satuday/friday is good.
- Amersham arms is the best venue in New Cross...A proper irish pub front room with acoustic sounds, and a good sized venue out back, with jazz, comedy, rock/indie to fill it nicely...
- Hatcham Social Club, again SOOO great. Shimmy on down and mosh, dance and shake your bootie with all the youngsters of the x. Mainly them crazy ol' lot from Askes. And very quickly Punk at the x turns into...drunk, spunk, monk(eys) at the x.
- Montague Arms. An old coach house on the road towards Peckham is the heart of the New Cross music scene. Local bands like Spektrum and The Violets play here. Full of stuffed animals and weird things its an essential place to visit and always good fun. Late licescence too!
Tavern no longer has bands since becoming a wine bar. Really a crime. Amersham Arms is good and Paradise Bar is worth checking out particually Totally Bored nights. Saw British Sea Power and 80s Matchbox B Line disaster play there on the same bill. The Amersham has been known to attract interesting bands such as Oxbow, the Blockheads and Ninja Tune signing Pest.
- Hatcham Liberal Club near the fire station (check out http://newcrossscene.tripod.com/home.html)
- Check out the New Cross Inn, fresh hip hop and beats on thursdays and sundays (havent checked out the others yet) nice to find a good atmosphere and music in New Cross - plenty of tidy pieces as well if you know what I mean!
- The GOLDSMITH'S TAVERN! Some of the best times of my life have happened there. Call that sad? Well, maybe a little but I stand by my comments!!!
- Goldsmiths tavern is great for alternative bands on Tues and Sat.
- Go to the Goldsmith's Tavern for a stabbing good time. Or the New Cross Inn does good god awful blues jams.
- The Venue is the place to see awful cover bands every weekend (ie Tribute Colour Scene, Utter Madness).
- The Paradise Bar has some good nights on Friday & Saturday
- The Venue, 2a Clifton Rise
- The Albany Theatre, Douglas Way: various music events The Bird's Nest Pub has a band most Sundays The Centurian, corner of Deptford High St The Duke, Creek Road Several pubs will be hosting bands at some point during the week.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Susan, Santosh, wil, judy, Gordon, Damian Griffiths, brody, meemalee, Pete Stephenson, South Eats London, Al, Mr.Halsey, carl, Tony Dikan, Sally, generic, joe, Gabriella, Olli Siebelt, daisy, Oscar Lumley-Watson, Siobhan, frances, Donna Blohm, Myles Bradley, blindboy luis, Benjamin Whitaker, JS, john bundy, Nico, 99seconds, will, James Higgott, Stephen Doolan, Jay Ray, Richard Kershaw, Ray, Sean, joyce healey, lisa, Rachel Pe'er, Mark Thomas, john ryan
Last updated: 2008-02-19
More stuff about New Cross
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- New Cross Knowhere Board