The Worst Things in New Cross, Greater London*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about New Cross.
The Worst Things
- Students, mainly stupid but (some are worth a shag)!
- the gangbangin' thugs who like to attack people.
- The naive students who have no respect for local people and all their diversities
- The crazy 'rude boys' turning up at the gigs. Its not big n it not clever. Just go 'storm' sumwhere else with ur boxer showing, leg bopping, and insane teeth sucking....whats that? Trying to scare us....oh fiddle! BRICK THROUGH THE DOOR EVERYONE.
- Do not buy drugs from anyone with their arm in a sling or who approaches you in the fried chicken outlets. Just say no. Can be a bit rough round here but just don't make a tit of yourself and you will be fine.
- the invisable boarders into peckham and deptford... dont put your foot over them unless you have some sort of police escort.
- no skate / BMX spots / mini ramp for miles!!
- The buses on Monday morning
- The fact that alot of New Cross and surrounding areas is hills - which is good if you are an experienced skateboarder, but sucks if you are learning. Good for keeping fit, bad if you have mobility problems or live up a hill and get drunk at the bottom alot.
- The New Cross Road - traffic jams galore.
- Snide, middle class, out-of towners who make comments like: 'crazy mix of sarf londoner and Afro-Caribbeans.' There's nothing crazy about a multi-ethnic town, arsehole! I suppose there's no such thing in the writer's 'mind' as a black South Londoner? I wish the writer would fuck of back to Cheam!
- New Cross is filthy and terrible for anal rententive types.
If you had a pound for everytime you heard "spare some change, please?" - you'd be a millionaire.
You can't get anything decent to eat unless you like to live on takeaway.
Parking? What parking? I don't see any parking here.
Telling people north of the Thames you live in New Cross and after waiting twenty minutes for them
to stop laughing, asking you if you have to carry a gun.
- The overwhelming omnipresent feeling of claustrophobia.
- Strange pretenious students with inflated views of their own importance come to rough, major rough New Cross and wonder why they can't go out after 5 pm
- Other people's perceptions of the place haven't moved on in ten years and its fair to say that its not exactly genteel - even with all the new housing and building cleaning and so on, they've even forced the sugar refinery up river to sort out the disgusting pong that used to settle on the place. Kids with not enough to do piss me off... they get bored and seem to be hanging about doing kid stuff which can be a bore. Also the party season can be a problem for weeks in the summer there are parties everywhere, seeing as so much of Deptford is flats that can be a problem.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Susan, Santosh, wil, judy, Gordon, Damian Griffiths, brody, meemalee, Pete Stephenson, South Eats London, Al, Mr.Halsey, carl, Tony Dikan, Sally, generic, joe, Gabriella, Olli Siebelt, daisy, Oscar Lumley-Watson, Siobhan, frances, Donna Blohm, Myles Bradley, blindboy luis, Benjamin Whitaker, JS, john bundy, Nico, 99seconds, will, James Higgott, Stephen Doolan, Jay Ray, Richard Kershaw, Ray, Sean, joyce healey, lisa, Rachel Pe'er, Mark Thomas, john ryan
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about New Cross
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- New Cross Knowhere Board