Cringing Cult of Celebrity in New Malden, Greater London*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about New Malden.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- This is what drew my attention actually. The whole list you have is full of lies. E.g Benny Hill lived in Teddington. Kingston is a dump, who with any money would live there?
- Dean Gaffney was at the works a few weeks ago. Seen Marco from Big Brother in REFLEX
- ALASTAIR YATES, presenter at BBC NEWS 24, lives in Teddington. See more @ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/bbc_news_24/presenters/1879136.stm
- matt from busted lives in kingston, caroline from new RnB band "the 411" lives in kingston.
- my friend saw dean gaffrey in oceana in late 2003
- Fat boy slim grew up here; his family still lives here.
- So-Solid Crew MC, Harvey can be found playing at left-back for AFC Wimbledon at Kingsmeadow!
- benny hill used to go into the dry cleaners in teddington (down broad street maybe?). he used to see my mum in there and tell her i was a beautiful baby apparently! my mum used to see billy idol all the time (and was good friends with him) when she lived in wallington. nick cotton from eastenders used to take his daughter to my swimming class when i was 4 in teddington..haha.
- Trevor Macdonald
- James Fox - was in Performance with Mick Jagger.
Bubble from Big Brother 2.
- Art Malik lives in Kingston
- Gerard (Blaise) Brinsley Sheridan lives in Surbiton.
- I saw John Lennon once in The Peel.
- Bubble from big brother (remember him - i hope you have the pleasure of having forgotten) lives in surbiton, and i realise its not kingston/new malden but i can assure you he's been seen in kingston!
Bradley from s club 7 has also been seen in kingston from time to time..apparently lurking in a pervy-old-man way. interesting...
- Mark Read from boyband A1 was born here
- I've heard about a few celebs living in Coombe, those who are priced out of Kensington & Chelsea no doubt.
- The author Jacqueline Wilson lives in Kingston and apparently Ronnie Wood from the Rolling Stones lives up Kingston Hill. Jimmy Tarbuck lives near Kingston Hill too!!
- Lionel Blair, the cast of Family Affairs, Bubble from Big Brother, Alec Stewart.
- The old bloke out of bread (Looked like a tramp) used to cycle around North Kingston - I never watched it but people used to point him out
- Alec Stewart (Surrey and England cricket captain) was in my class at Tiffin Boys (1974-80.
- Johnny Lee Miller of Trainspotting fame went to Kingston's very own Tiffin Boys' School
- Lionel blair and mr blobby live on coombe lane .apparently
- Mr Bean was filmed here
- The only two I can name, are Benny Hill who used to live in Richmond, and the
actor who plays Nick Cotton in Eastenders who is often seen on the streets of
Kingston. The Cambridge Estate is a popular are for filming episodes of the
Bill and quite recently a film starring Paul Nicholls was filmed on and around
the Cambridge Estate.
- The Nick Cotton bloke who lives in Surbiton (I used to live near him) is JOHN ALTMAN. Spoke to him briefly in the garage on Portsmouth Road - hell of a nice bloke.
- Can't believe no-one has yet suggested the great 'Michael Melia' who played the tragic figure of Eddie Royal in Eastenders and can currently be seen in Dangerfield. He was born and brought up in Slough, but now lives in Kingston.
- As well as Eddie Royale there's also the guy who played Nick Cotton! He can often be seen cycling around the pedestrian streets!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: clara, sophie, Katherine, Kily, Ross, Ruth Moore, RICIN, Robin, arwen montgomery, esty, mr moffy, James, Giles Platford, Isaac Ivix, Ruth LeCore, Neal Brasier, Dave, Cara Hayman, Tom, -, Laura, medea, Kennnnnnn McMcMcMcmilan easy on the mayo, !**billabongem**:-), David, KT, Jonathan Wright, Jon R, Doug, Simon Parker, luvin, amos, chris, Kroff Dinner, Andrew Montgomery, Lisa, Jay, GTC, Rob Clark, Phil Glover, Matt Broughton, griff, Blibbker, jason scott, ryan davis, Hillichamp, brant, john, jess wood, shavonne, Sue, AFCW, susan, generic, bcewbcukwb, Blake, rosi, mir, Andrew Ives, Uq, paul adams, Sarah, Blake Davies, Tinkerbell, ben, Andy Charlwood, nico + soto, Anna Burrows, Jan, Midori, Davina, sexybigheadme, wtf, Kim Lee, callum, Andy, amy, Rachael, Mary Bell, pigstar99
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about New Malden
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- New Malden Knowhere Board