Skateboarding Spots in New Malden, Greater London*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about New Malden.
- theres a good spot on the bridge, its really smooth, itys just great to skate on.
- Near tesco there is a 2set and many-a-bank 4 hours of fun!
many more ledges around the place, not hard 2 find a gd spot!
Outside kingston sk8prk there is 2 grinds a 2set, and 4set, always kicked out but it's worth the risk!!!!
NEVER EVER GO kingston sk8prk, it's a load of crap and is not worth the money! it's always packed and it's real crap! OMG never go!!!!!!!!
- The new sainsburys in kingston is pretty cool. The curbs are waxed underneath the car park, so you can go and skate there in the rain! Awesome! Also, look near the river near john lewis. Theres a 3 set and some benches near there if I remember right.
- For the rollerbladers there is a good blue handrail opposite the station.
Some good low rails behind the malden centre, some handrails behind KFC down the alley way and a fun little rail round the back of tescos. Also there are two good handrails down the A3, on the pavement just along from the roundabout on the right hand side if you are coming from the highstreet. There ius a small handrail inside the station and the st georges square ledges are good if waxed really heavily. Their is a small drop ledge around the other side of the malden bar over a double set and much more, you have just got to look. From Robin.
- Again Dickerage Road. Nearest station is Norbition but that's a fair hike. The 213 and K9 go very near.
- The new place to skate. Tall ramps small ramps long rails high rails low rails short rails advanced skateboarder zone. By the cavalry memorial for the war hemp caf don chan le fer cafe. NO RUDIES!!
- st.georges square is wicked - if you can stand the wind and manage to not see the 'no skating' sign that is. You can be sure to meet up with fellow skatey types as well. For a more varied crowd and actual ramps etc., head for dickerage.
- Legends. The biggest Coolest Shop in all the world, Skate (a Huge selection of decks, wheels, trucks etc.) Surf (bit far from the sea, but they have their fair share of boards and suits) BMX (only place in Kingston that sells Hoffmann's) and Snowboards (enough kit to keep a palmer good for at least a month)
Only thing lacking is a bit of Mountain biking, but they have longboards and a sweet '69 split VW camper so we'll let them off
- Anywhere the pretendo skater slipknot bastards are not... FUCK YOUR WALLET CHAINS
- Dickerage Lane Adventure Playground. Multi-ramp complex. 24' metal vert ramp and 16' mini. 10' wooden mini and 8' micro ramp. 11-6 each day including Saturday, but NOT Sunday. £1.50 for a day and 50p to hire pads (compulsory for vert ramp). Times: Closed Monday. Tuesday to Friday: 11 to 6pm. Saturday: 10-5. Sunday: 10-3 (I think this is correct for Sunday). Telephone number is 0181-942 1707. (If you're into vert you should also consider Crouch End in North London.)
New 40' wide mini also available, summer '96.
- Skate sessions happening Monday and Thursday evenings Texas store carpark, Shannon Corner, New Malden.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: clara, sophie, Katherine, Kily, Ross, Ruth Moore, RICIN, Robin, arwen montgomery, esty, mr moffy, James, Giles Platford, Isaac Ivix, Ruth LeCore, Neal Brasier, Dave, Cara Hayman, Tom, -, Laura, medea, Kennnnnnn McMcMcMcmilan easy on the mayo, !**billabongem**:-), David, KT, Jonathan Wright, Jon R, Doug, Simon Parker, luvin, amos, chris, Kroff Dinner, Andrew Montgomery, Lisa, Jay, GTC, Rob Clark, Phil Glover, Matt Broughton, griff, Blibbker, jason scott, ryan davis, Hillichamp, brant, john, jess wood, shavonne, Sue, AFCW, susan, generic, bcewbcukwb, Blake, rosi, mir, Andrew Ives, Uq, paul adams, Sarah, Blake Davies, Tinkerbell, ben, Andy Charlwood, nico + soto, Anna Burrows, Jan, Midori, Davina, sexybigheadme, wtf, Kim Lee, callum, Andy, amy, Rachael, Mary Bell, pigstar99
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about New Malden
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- New Malden Knowhere Board