If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Newark.
The Best Things
- Tolney lane
- !!!!!!!i CANT WAIT TILL THAT NEW BAR OR CLUB THING OPENS ON CARTERGATE WHERE GUSTO'S USED TO BE, I HEARD IT GOING TO BE A COMEDY CLUB OR A LIVE MUSIC VENUE OR SOMTHING LIKE THAT, i CANT WAIT!!!!!!
- The paperback book stall on the market.Top titles , and only a quid a throw..!! CHEAPER THAN THE CHARITY SHOPS..!GOOD CLEAN COPIES..THERE MOST MONDAYS..SOME THURSDAYS.
- Best Boarding Kennels in Newark, Bridge House Farm Boarding Kennels!! Great dog people, Thanks
- The quid paperback book stall on the market puts all the others to shame
- the easy girls
- small and generally friendly town with plenty of pubs and shops
- drinking in the streets nd gettin a muskra chase!!
- The local radio station Boundary Sound
- Wide selection of readily available narcotics, the local dialect, old friends.
- It's hard to imagine anything finer than the road out of Newark.
- backyard wrestlers
- I spent all my summer holidays in Newark as a kid Those were the days
Tell you this it beats glasgow in the 60,s and 70,s
- Weatherspoons cheap peeve
- Great history, architecture, culture, majority of residents are nice, decent, law-abiding, respectful people. The town is nice (apart from the council estates and Tolney Lane) it's just a shame that people don't realise it.
- The chance of the dreaded "I Virus" (I for Idiot) spreading is remote due to the local populace fearing to leave their domain.
- The drug dealers keeping our streets clean! Oh and not forgetting the oh-so wonderful forms of Zak Edlin, Billy Moran and Nicole Lenard.
- newark is and anagram of wanker... it speaks volumes and is the only interesting thing about this god forsaken place, muderers and rapists a side.
- in newark are laughing at the young rebellious crowd as they stomp round town in groups of thirty odd...and they ALL LOOK IDENTICAL!
FIGHT THE POWER MAN!ANTI CAPITALISIM YEAH! WERE NONE CONFORMISTS!WERE INDIVIDUALS! shouts the voice from the crowd of conformist idiot college twats who by wearing etnies,new rock,and so on have lined capitalist pockets and assisted in the powers profit gain.DICK HEADS.
- Leaving Newark at great speed, never to return.
- Anywhere but newark
- any other place
- the best thing in newark is ecc, the church on sherwood ave. its a great place to be, really freindly. has a great band & is nothing like you would expect a church to be like to be like, the message they have there is real & life changing.
- The riverside, summer evenings
- pretty fat birds who shag
- the train out of here
- UNTIL RECENTLY,"THE DUTY FREE PAPER BACK BOOK STALL"ON THE MARKET MONDAYS AND THURSDAYS.WHERE YOU COULD BUY A MILLS AND BOON AND 200 CIGS ,AND ALL THE CHEAP SPIRITS YOU COULD DRINK,SIGH ITS ALL STOPPED NOW...!
- THE BEST THING ABOUT NEWARK IS THAT IT IS AN ANAGRAM OF W-A-N-K-E-R!!!!!!!!! HOW APT....THE NAME RINGS TRUE IT'S BASICALY CALLED W-A-N-K-E-R TOWN AND IS FULL OF THEM. (ap)
- My mates! If I didn't have them in Newark with me i'd kill myself because it's shit!
- The Gigs at Gustos are allways a night to remember, there's never been any trouble and everyone is so slaughtered by the end of the night.
- Waitrose. The cultural centre of Newark.
- goin down by the river in the summer and havein a few drinks with you'r friends and newark castle.it is cool when it is hot.
- The road leading south.
- The history, andold buildings.
- variety of shops
- The A46, Newark North Gate station, and generally anything that allows the exiting of this awful town.
- You may think that Newark is the King of Crap (it isn't by the way, I've been around!!) but those JCBs could yet spring into life and build us:
a club that holds more than 65 teeniebobbers featuring DJs who didn't play at your grannies 75th.
a gym that doesn't accept recommendations from Heart Attacks anonymous as well as the 'I wanna be a brick-shit-house cos my face resembles a smelly twat' people
a entertainments complex including a proper bar that opens til the early hours - this means after 11 o clock kids!
Keep on believing the dream, fellow Newarkers - it gives you an excuse for not getting off your arse and leaving for good!
- Your joking!
- you can got served your cider when you are 12
- the weekly night owl bus that takes you to notts
- In all honesty Newark is a great place to go out for a cheap, fun, un-stylish yet un-pretentious night on the razzle - cheap beer, fast women, crap cars, dodgy blokes, top night
- There are more Pubs per person than anywhere else in the country! Apparently
- Newark Town F.C u-16's 2000-2001
- We live here.
- That's a tough one!...I'll have to get back to you!
- The large Masonic community.
- Beer Festival!
- The sign that says `You are now leaving Newark. You may now unlock all doors. You are now free from the threat of random unprovoked violence - enjoy the rest of civilised society`.
- A 46, A1, A17. THEY ALL LEAD OUT TO BIGGER AND BETTER PLACES
- THERE AREN'T ANY!!!
- We got a McDonalds now!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: mark walters, sophie, Taetoe, Jessica Terry, Sophia, JessicaTerry, sean, Stu, Walkpants, linda, Thomas Bullen, kate, Claire, Carole, kris, lucy, cameron, tyers, floss, JIM, Joe botton, Pete, A Carpenter, sir simon tarquin of lovett, jason booth, roxy, Sal, RUYFFKISHNER, nicola, alec.streets, Gemma, David Fargher, rachel, bbc, paula, Jane Wilkes, ami, crobb, email@example.com, Billy Bobbit, Immortal Corruptor, Graham Pole, kirsty-anne, dmbll, Gary, adam brown, Midlands Audio Hire, Stewart Lee, paulinewilliams, Duncan Silver, davshe, Anon, Mush, mcb, Mick, France, Anthony Walker, joseph botton, lennie diamond, Adam Stephenson, Sir Lickalot, BRENDAN M, harry, Eddie, Nik Ball, Hippy, rosie, Carl, melanie, Robin, ASSASIN & COL, Bex, Mr Education, suka, Peter Mace, JohnJoe, Michael Gray, james artizan, Stuart O'Hara, Gordon Johnson, uwish, lozza, I don't want people knowing I live here!, mark alexander, charles waddington, Amy, martin hall, alec streets, lee, tommo, firstname.lastname@example.org, recorder, Jamesy, Fran, Piers Cawley, damage666, cushdy beaur, Scott Roane, happybunny, john, emma, Michael lane, sam marshall, Jolly, generic, DanNic, bambam, Gary Cooper, Lauren Allwood, Anthony, snk, Mark, Flamedragon, leanda+ezz, poppy, email@example.com, keith, Sam & Dee, ash, Revell Jnr, Paul Carnduff, Andy Baker, chuck, Marion Fox, jim mcdangle, ryan gough, bob, colin, Steve
Last updated: 2012-06-21
More stuff about Newark
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Newark Knowhere Board