Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Newark.
- OOFT REEL
tiniest actual screens ever, but if you're the kind of person that likes talking in the cinema its great. end up being the only people there.
- palace. one screen and two years behind. the warner brothers cinema in nottingham is alright. its near viccie centre
- why have we got one. no we r getting 1, thats right. in a few years
- no real cinema just the palace theatre hard seats small screen not brilliant
- You could go to the Palace Theatre where they show one film every leap year, or just get yourself to the Showcase (that's in Notts). If you fancy a change from Notts, Mansfield's alright if you pay for the luxury seats and get a couple of bongs down you before you go in. A word of warning... don't do any hallucinagenics if you go to the showcase, the carpet's a nightmare. Just ask Swanny.
- The Palace Theatre doubles up as a cinema.
- is it still standing...I doubt it,but if it is,the matrix one will be on next week Ill bet
- Sadly, only an occasional film at the Palace, slotted in between tribute band gigs.
Nearest are Lincoln (15 miles) Nottingham (20 miles) Mansfield (20 miles)
- The Palce Theatre...once a place of culture, now a native inbred hang-out. No-one dares to bring the film cans' in this area as they fear for their lives. Ever so often a golden oldie is disovered and shown. Last film to be show was a Charlie Chaplin silent movie. Unfortunately for those who went to witness this amazing cinematic wonder were left dissapointed as someone stole the film roll 10 mins after it had started.(ap)
- Just go to Lincoln or Notts, it's much cleaner and you are less likely to be robbed, or beaten up!
- The local fleapit, Newark palace theatre! Ha! A microplex!
- We have a bowling green! Its realy good Honest.
- The Palace Theater shows films. But they're all old and you've got to be over 70 to get in.
- Go 2 nottingham
- Palace theatre-bum cramp and neck ache guarenteed
- We await the construction of a Bowling alley which, we are told, is only a year away!
- Oh please. The Palace? I'd rather go to Caesars Palace. At least we can see David Marcer dancing on stage there.
- The palace which screens the upto date movies... yes 'Starwars IV:a new hope' is coming soon...it was only released in 1977
- We've just got "Titanic" at the Palace!
- For films go to Blockbuster videos on Lombard St for the latest rental releases
- The Palace Theatre shows films in School holidays and Half Term. I wouldn't hold your breath for brand new releases though.
- You are taking the piss aren't you? I think this week is Jurassic park! (in more ways than one!)
- Want a cinema? The palace is shite go to Lincoln or Mansfield or Nottingham they have just shown Jaws 2
- They show one film every year at the palace, oh yeah the screen is the size of a portable tv
- The Palace has films in school holidays, always old, seats are uncomfortable, better to travel to Nottingham.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: mark walters, sophie, Taetoe, Jessica Terry, Sophia, JessicaTerry, sean, Stu, Walkpants, linda, Thomas Bullen, kate, Claire, Carole, kris, lucy, cameron, tyers, floss, JIM, Joe botton, Pete, A Carpenter, sir simon tarquin of lovett, jason booth, roxy, Sal, RUYFFKISHNER, nicola, alec.streets, Gemma, David Fargher, rachel, bbc, paula, Jane Wilkes, ami, crobb, email@example.com, Billy Bobbit, Immortal Corruptor, Graham Pole, kirsty-anne, dmbll, Gary, adam brown, David jex, Midlands Audio Hire, Stewart Lee, paulinewilliams, Duncan Silver, davshe, Anon, Mush, mcb, Mick, France, Anthony Walker, joseph botton, lennie diamond, Adam Stephenson, Sir Lickalot, BRENDAN M, harry, Suzy Wallace, Eddie, Nik Ball, Hippy, rosie, Carl, melanie, Robin, ASSASIN & COL, Bex, Mr Education, suka, Peter Mace, JohnJoe, Michael Gray, james artizan, Stuart O'Hara, Gordon Johnson, uwish, lozza, I don't want people knowing I live here!, mark alexander, charles waddington, Amy, martin hall, alec streets, lee, tommo, firstname.lastname@example.org, recorder, Jamesy, Fran, Piers Cawley, damage666, cushdy beaur, Scott Roane, happybunny, john, emma, Michael lane, sam marshall, Jolly, generic, DanNic, bambam, Sarah Walsh, Gary Cooper, Lauren Allwood, Anthony, snk, Mark, Flamedragon, leanda+ezz, poppy, email@example.com, keith, Sam & Dee, ash, Revell Jnr, Paul Carnduff, Andy Baker, chuck, Marion Fox, jim mcdangle, ryan gough, bob, colin, Steve
Last updated: 2008-05-25
More stuff about Newark
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Newark Knowhere Board