Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Newbury, Berkshire*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Newbury.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Liquid by the bus station does do under 18s alot if your young and wanna go out wiv mates then go to liquid newbury site and check when they do under 18s
- Liquid is the main watering slash mating hole (literally a hole) in Newbury ... Members flock to fledge their hard-earned cash on a scabby bird they hope to never see again after the deed is through.
Avenue stays open till 5am weekends, as does the Snooty Fox which is the regular haunt for those thrown out of Liquid after 3am.
- Newbury is pretty dry for clubs there's only one which is Liquid. Since the smoking ban it stinks more than ever and it's a complete rip-off but can be fun as well. Then there's Chicargos which is even smellier and Varisty which doesn't really have an atmosphere. Then right up the other end of the town is Bar Cuba which is a cramped place full of boho wannabe 'ravers' who have probably never been to a rave in their lives and are actually quite posh.
- Most nights out in Newbury involve a pub or two, then on to Liquid (nightclub - one cheesey room, one dance room) and then followed up with a kebab round the corner.
Semours is a club full of 35 year olds who think they're 18. Two words to describe it: Mutton. Lamb.
The Late Lounge (previously Genesis / Charlies) has completely be revamped. It's now a classy place to go out with your mates to enjoy some cocktails and a bit of a dance - it's no longer a strip club!
Stay away from Venom (just out of town). It's youngsters and it's really rough.
- 1st Saturday Contras meets on most 1st Saturdays in Newbury at the Newbury URC Hall, off West Street, Newbury from 8-11pm. Contra is an energetic and highly sociable type of folk dance from America and we always have a live band and caller. You do not have to bring a partner and we cater for all age groups from 20s-70s. More information at http://www.michaelbarraclough.com/zestycontra/newburyhome.htm or call Michael Barraclough on 07710 806610.
- venom is deasent i go 2 da 1 4 da younger 1's u get 2 meet all da fit lads
- venom liquid and yeah sweet!
- Liquid, Venom
- Liquid, the best club in Newbury by far
- Liquid replaces chicago rock, its cheap on thursdays and no one really goes to venom
- Liquid Nightclub at Kennet Shopping.... it's the only decent club around
- newbury car club!:-)
- Venoms, (although this is actually in Thatcham!) very tacky, snake theme! Liquids, no snakes! slightly better than venoms, play better music, and is easier to get a taxi home!
- Liquid Nightclub- Town Centre - weekends - long queues.
- For the older crowd Liquid can't be beat. Send all the kiddies off to Venom and appriciate just how good a door limit of 21 can be.
Genesys (Not sure if this is still open or being refurbished)
- Liquid - the local cattle market
Chicago Rock - where yer can pull yer mate's mum
- Newbury has 3 night clubs (all of them in the market place). They are: Liquid Nightclub - 01635 237144; Chicago Rock Cafe - 01635 523737; Charlies Nightclub - 01635 524888.
Liquid is an attempt at a decent night club - and only opened about 8 months ago. Two rooms - one which places up to date dance music (although I'm not sure I'm much of a judge of what's up to date!) and the other plays cheezy 80's stuff.
Chicago's was historically an absolute cattle market. However, since Liquid opened I've not been in there. The word on the street is that it's full of old people who are desperate for "love".
Charlies is a bit rough. It's very dark and is mostly constructed from MDF. The pint glasses are made from illuminous plastic. They do play some great music...
- Liquid - young trendy and actually opens some nights
Chicago rock - Was main club in town until Liquid arrived still open for over 40's
- Liquid - Newburys' newest, situated in Market Street oposite the Bus Station
- Liquid Nightclub- recently opened to compete with Venom. Smaller but cooler (in both senses of the word - air conditioned)Music: much better . Less Garage
- Chicago Rock is late bar in town centre, Genesis and Liquid are nightclubs in town centre.
- Venoms, (Lakeside Superbowl) - Biggest Club in the Area. Themed nights, Thursdays is Cheap Night, Music is OK, Decor is tacky(Snakes).
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: crowley, meghan, Robert Eldred, Jordan Fish, helen, fern, dan, nick, craig, abbie, richard paterson, Nigel, steve McBride, Jim Jones, Neil Humphrey, caz, Haydn, Scott Cleeves, matt, Jonathan, Anthony Paynter, neil parr, isobelle cooper, greg, Sarah Curtis, Wayne Abbey, generic, G, Jo, Sam, Mark, F, pete, Chris Smith, Dave, alex crowley, Mandy, ant, Mag, duncan, Abbie Hart, rich, John R Howell, Ghandi, Bishop PooPoo, Michael Barraclough, Debbie Spencer-Jones, Gillian Durrant, I. frazer, warren, SDM, elayne connors, David, nathan, Mr. Kipper, sarah, JT, James Hunter, Mushroom, moo bum
Last updated: 2011-01-04
More stuff about Newbury
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Newbury Knowhere Board