Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Tyne and Wear*
Derailleurs, sprockets, crank and clips - where to get them
You can tell us more about Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- Gravitate Cycles, Arch 10 forth street. Opposite the genting casino
- For the best second hand refurbished bicycles go to Recyke y'Bike in Byker, of course. And if you are wondering where you can donate that old bike in the shed to give it a new life come here too.
By the way, Hardisty's closed years ago - now Edinburgh Bike COOP.
- Cycle centre on sheilds rd, Edinbugh cycles top of byker
- motech,sheilds rd byker for vespa and lammy plus twisters as well..
- Lavricks in Cullercoats, just a short Metro ride away
- cycle world , NSC shop too
- hardisty's biker
- Denton Cycles near st James Park is the best for BMX shit by far. I think it's on St James Boulevard.
- halfords bikes (person powered) at the silverlink
- Correction: Westgate Road, well known amongst bikers as "The hill" on account of it being about 1 in 5... (Not WestGate Street !) Ken's and M&S (No relation to St Michael) are the classy bike shops on "The hill", and there are lots of spares, repairs and accessories shops. This is the place to just hang out if you are a biker.
For the upmarket cruisers, get your Harley at "Just Harleys" over in Warwick Street on the East side of town. www.justharleys.co.uk.
- M.Steels in South Gosforth is the best bike shop around...for all u motorbike people, try Westgate road for a whole area dedicated to biking.
- M Steel cycles in gosforth, a good shop and has some nice bikes in it. Also good if u have a lot of money
- The Bike Place at the metrocetre is top! Helpful staff (most of whom ride in competitions)
and everything you need (or could ever want) for your mountain bike at very reasonable
prices. They also sell scramblers and the like.
- Mountain Bike Shops: Hardisty Cycles, possibly the best in the local area. Located Top of the Fossway in Byker - Specialized, Cannondale, BMX and Roadie M Steel Cycles, (10% Student Discount!!!) Located in South Gosforth - Marin, Custom and I think some Specialized Unfortunately Whitley Bay branch now closed The Bike Place Located Metro Centre Gateshead. Marin, Raleigh and some great stickers!
- WestGate street is entirely dedicated to the aincient and sacred art of motorcycling. There are over ten bike shops keen to sell what are liable to be stolen goods, nicked the previous day from the other side of town. (Although I can't guarantee that.)
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Helen Mossop, kelly, Ben Pollinger, Whirligig Web Design, charlie richardson, Sarah Dalrymple, neil, Chris, pussicat, Troll, Ashley, Az, l kirkham, Geoff, douggy, Simon Park, Hefner, Spud, Lozza, lou and gary, Carly Mather, Reed, Joe, Claire, alex, morris, Steve O'Malley, kevin-mallette, Steph, Dave, later, Dave Murton, lauren, Anomonous, freddie, Stan Hardwick, Tim Jones, Dave W, Mr scouse in HBridge, paul morris, Pete, Anna Gibson, Amric Settlov, tony eastlake, PAUL B, Gill, Jane Imrie, Shaun lowton, Matthew Simpson, wryghta, Barry McGuigan, sarah, Kevin Wilson, davemurton, Kellie Law, cassagnas, aaron, david young, Noel Robson, Siobhan Gould, gogs, mike, Alasdair firstname.lastname@example.org, Ian Gregg, JLH, gapsta, kelvin bell, dani, glen, Chris Slater, rod d raw, michael bates, hobo, josh, Alli Fletcher, shell, frederico sanchez, jay, Kenny, Caroline, Cameron Smith, John Kiely, Rich Dytch, Robbie H, stig, Muarice Sutherst, tom conway, Anthony McAndrew, paul, Barry Cox, james, craig simpson, lau-lou, Daisy, sian, kevin, Micky, chris cruise, Wee Bob, nah, sas, Charlotte, Chris Davison, Alice, Dr. Thomas Spence, Kevin Coulthard, Mark Read, Michael Innes, francesca w, Laura, Nick, Lee Paul, Jenni, Chloe, Bridget, Joanne, Tom Burton, Vicki, scotty, doug, Steve Fishwick, mary, Rebecca Worthington, ((=*=>Chanty<=*=)), Mallory B, stuart Johnson, sw, stu, macca, Mark Galsworthy, FRANK BATESON, Henry Partridge, owen bell, sam, generic, Kevin Bell, Louise H, Nic, Jen, Anni & Raphaela, Adam Armstrong, SMW, Nicky, Notes Rehearsal and Recording Studios, john doherty, Julian Gluck, Tim Hills, John Griffiths, Vicky Wiseman, Jonathan Miles, andy, jenny gibson, Admin, twat, Mal Douglas, Ciaran Hansen, Sam Jones, Gaynor, John Phillips
Last updated: 2013-03-24
More stuff about Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Newcastle-upon-Tyne Knowhere Board