Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Norbury.
- akbar tandoori up the lane to the station next to the bridge. best indian for miles. tiny litle place run by a husband and wife. free popodoms while u wait for your order.
- The Moorish is good. Small place with owner/chef. Service is very slow as a result, but the food is delicious and worth the wait. The starters are enormous, 2 between 4 people is plenty. It's unlicensed, so BYO is allowed and no corkage is charged. Bill for 4 comes in around £50. If it's a special ocassion and you've let the chef know, he'll make a special dessert for you.
Mich Masala as mentioned previously - very hit & miss service, but food is good and again taking your own alcohol brings the price down.
- kebabs and chicken shops
- Uno Plus also known as Caterinos - the best italian restaurant in the area with very entertaining staff too.
- The kebab shop opposite The Norbury Hotel. Friendly staff, top quality food and the best amn chilli sauce I've ever tasted. Produces the only kebab I will ever eat sober.
- The Mirch Masala
Fantastic affordable Indian food and it has a great atmosphere very busy.
Frequented by Indian families so it must be good. It is very basic with plastic tables etc. but don't let that put you off. You can bring your own wine, although they serve jugs of fresh mango and passion juice. well worth the visit. It is best to book Friday and Saturday nights.
- Great fish and chip shop opposite the train station, read the papers for free!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: James Smith, Jenny, marky, dave jones, Marj Brown, gaza, richard, Kanya, John Madden, mark, martin, phil, james, tom, John Irvine, jodie, Michael Ellis, avre, SIMON DAVIS, NickyB, generic, Sean Duggan, alison card, sarah, stevie, dave, Gangsta, Rob Blakemore, yoda, bill
Last updated: 2014-03-16
More stuff about Norbury
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Norbury Knowhere Board