Cheap Food in Northwich, Cheshire*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Northwich.
- yeah man, Lucky Petes is shit.. Billys a skank too, and will do anything for a line!!
- just a word of warning, avoid Lucky Petes like the plague.. its run by the most unhygenic people its ever been my misfortune toNorthwich!! Seafarers excellent but pricey, ye olde chippy on castle is excellent too and serves crinkle cut chips, and my personal fav is central road for good traditional fare..
- sublime sub & salad bar, eat in or takeaway, 11" subs with loads of filling, hot panini's fresh made and fat wraps full of filling, FREE salad box with ALL subs, panini's, wraps and BIG jacket potatoes, 20% discount on ALL food and drink for students, id required, BOOST smoothies, fresh frozen fruit smoothies infused with RED ROOSTER energy drink from ONLY £2.50 made fresh on the spot AWESOME! a really great way to kickstart your day or studies
- seafarer is tha best ask for JAKE next time your in
- Castle Hill chinese trakeaway is very good value. Really nice grub for noy a lot. A copuple doors up The British Raj do a good curry that's not expensive. Flames in town opposite Whetherspoons is good. It does full up with pissheads later on though. I've never has any grief though.
- QUALITY SAVE lad
- Charlie's really is the best place in the world. You can get a jacket potato as a side to your omelette! All the food comes in huge portions, except the toast, which comes in big portions but somehow always matches whatever your idea of perfect toast is. It's so cheap aswell. I think it's criminal that some people have never been here. Can get busy though, so best to avoid 12-1 if you want a seat somewhere.
- if you like your curry hot you can't beat the british raj
- Sandiway Chippy!!
- mcodnalds, kfc, subway.
- Zutros in Kingsmead
- Get some sandwiches at Subway - Excellent munchables
- mac donalds
- It's a good place to be snacked, I like the food at Cafe Coco best.
- Spice Hut in the town centre is saviour for anyone with the munchies!! Im tellin you that place is open all night and they deliver all night, KFC is shite, by the time you've got your food its out of date and nasty, do they wash their hands???
- petes chippy says "the best chippy in winnington" which is damn stupid as it is the ONLY chippy in winnington...but they do well nice chips ;)
- Charlies Deli. Not always cheap but great food.
- Probably the take away centre of Mid Cheshire! Places of note are British Raj indian takeaway & Curry Cottage restaurant (both in Castle). Emperors Court and Mr Fu's are both good Chinese retaurants that do takeaway. De Souza's is an Italian Restaurant. For pizza's, burgers, kebabs etc. Abbies, The Caspian & Flames are all do sterling work. Loads of other takeaways
etc. of all sorts of varieties. Oh yeah, proper chippies! Ye Olde Chippy in Castle and The Seafarer in town are both good. Also Lucky Pete's in Winnington, wide menu to choose from.
- macdonalds and all down chester road through castle
- Maccies - wouldnt touch it with a barge pole!
- De Souzas is pretty nice and there is always the 2 for a fiver offer at The Peny Black
- Moorlands near the pennyblack make quite nice burgers for when your pissed.
- seafarers-good stuff!
- de souzas and of course the infamous mcdonalds
- McDonalds, KFC,
- Do not go to Cheshire Tandoori! I have had Indian the length and breadth of this country and it is the worst I have ever had. It was overpriced, cold after 2 minutes, flavourless and the service was terrible. Go to Millienium in Winsford for a great Indian in the area.
- Probably safer to eat at home or find somewhere outside Northwich although the Curry Cottage in Castle is OK
- De Sousa's has now moved. The place is nicer, the staff are lovely and the food was excellent. Well done.
- Apparently there's a red lit place above the seasons thats good if you want to snatch a late night burger.
- macky dees, (mcdonalds)
- Chester Road, Castle is becoming a mini Rusholme less than 1/4 mile long and has Two Curry houses, A balti take away, Kebab shop (Caspians mmmmm!!!!), Southern Fried Chicken, Two Chinese, two bakerys and a chippy
- oooooooooh. seafarer chips!! yum!
- No decent restaurants in town, nearest place is Knutsford, where the planners didn't kill the nightlife by predestrianising the road which still gives life to Knutsford with many restaurants.
- Nothing touches a moorland special burger. Except the health inspector. If you can brave the fights from the penny black eye its worth the effort.Curry cottage and cheshire tandoori are pretty good as is Greenbank Balti chef. Hopefully inbred northwich rednecks won't drive em away.
- Restaurant 913 in Davenham (just S of Northwich, down London Road) is a great place if you want somewehere nice to eat, not too expensive, run by a couple who love what they do. Should be in the Good Food Guide in my opinion!
- Eperors Court Chinese retaurant. Behind Tescos. Very good from personal experiance, but allso the first ocupant of that building to remain there for longer than 6 months!
- Seafarer has the best fish, chips and peas for miles.Even if all the staff par 1 are blonde.
- Charlies does good sandwiches apparently. Otherwise there's way too many bakers. KFC drive thru by Tescos now and of course the old favourite - MCDONALDS. Ooh, the glamour.
- KFC brillant. Now open.
- Can somebody answer me where is there somewhere decent to eat around this place? We always have to go to Knutsford. Theres MacDonalds or the chippy and thats about your lot. I suppose theres always De Souzas or whatever its called now, but im not keen on that place. I think that the 'K'bar now serves food aswell but no doubt that'll be just as expensive as their drinks. KFC is nearlly open by the look of it, that could be fatal late at night when we've just come out of the pub!!!!! If anybody is listening, we need a PIZZA HUT in Northwich because there pizzas and garlic bread are just gorgeous.
- HAS to be the chip box (opposite the swinging witch ?) - best chips + gravy for 20 miles.
- McDonalds is good, lots of Chippys around town, Bratts rip you off.
- Seafarers... undoubtedly the best chips in the area
- Loads of Curry houses and Chineeses, also Caspian sells the best pizza in Cheshire
- Mcdonalds, errr
- Charlies Deli - the best place in town to eat in or take away (opposite the library).
- Say Hi to Tina Dignum in the seafarer
- You really can't go wrong with the great scram served up by our boys at Cheshire Tandoori. A great place to go when the pub shuts. I'm always particularly enamoured by Tandoori Chicken Biryani (Madras Sauce) washed down with a couple of jars of Kingfisher. No-one nick that big brass table though - it's mine.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: malcolm garrett, Beth, banjo, Ruth, Martin Hughes, Kynan y Gruffud, simon, gaz, shiv, Tim Moore, Chris, doddy, PJtheDJ, caz, Andy spence, Jake, mike P, just me, heather, Michael Baddeley, shaun hampton, CLAiM iN NORTHWiCH, Ched & Stu, Jeff, grogins, Tom, AJ, scott, tim potter, David Oldham, Liz Stockall, Adam Astles, katie, Wayne Griesau, Nick Carroll, Mark Fowles, Andrew Payne, essa, polly elcoat, Mark Bray, michael, Adlin, jim burns, James Gatrell, Lisa, andrea, Chris Lynch, jewboy, Steven Gracey, Heather Baker, Colin, Tim H, Bowley, Andrew Chadwick, Peter, Helen Davies, luke, Anonomous Barnton Rugby Loving Fan, Loki, Mark C., pam, Greg Norton, Alex, steve williams, tom howman, Baby1, phatmarc, tony, kat, ben, jade, Jeffers, Caroline, Laura Mercer, Adele Rowe, julian roberts, paul, Megan, Zoe, Peter Ainsworth, Tracy, Eddy Jenkins, Nigel, Carl, John Edmonds, natalie johnson, Karl, Garry Brookes, Spring, Paul Bell, khlaire, steve corkhill, Ian Walker, H.Lee, Deb Payne, Paul Morley, Kate Wilkins, Easy, tom martin, Shand, Meg, jimmy boy, Phil, Laura Edgeley, ian woolstencroft, yan, Anthony Fegan, Alex Johnson, S.Brock, Holly x, Natalie Steinke, Jay, Laura Ashbrook, Gavin Davenport, ian, may cuewet, shaky, biatch, vincent yarwood, generic, Nicola Brown, stu neild, baz manning, Darren Gleave, benno, elbow, Mark Campbell, redneck, Ian M, Michelle, klair, rod lee, Dan Forster, george
Last updated: 2012-07-02
More stuff about Northwich
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Northwich Knowhere Board